Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 97 of 284 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4260
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What a shambles Essendon are.

They're claiming Stringer needs to build his fitness to return to his 2015/16 level performances, and he needs time at Essendon to do that because he's coming from so far back.

No one in the media questions these sorts of statements, but essentially what Essendon said was he was fit enough to be a premiership player and All Australian at the Bulldogs but not fit enough to get a kick as Essendon, and their standards are so high he needs time to catch up. This is the club that hasn't won a final in 5000 days and hasn't finished above 7th in 15 years. That's of course ignoring the fact that he looks like he swallowed a sheep during preseason at Essendon. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, they're a rambling, disorganised, shambles of a football club. They did however win the trade period once again
    But but this article in January, says otherwise about his fitness.

ESSENDON

The Dons would be delighted with the instant impact Jake Stringer has made in pre-season.

Stringer joined from the Bulldogs in arguably the off-season’s most high-profile trade and has hit the ground running with his new club, significantly improving his fitness base.

The forward returned from holiday early and has taken big strides in his first few months at Essendon, with the club even flagging more midfield time in 2018.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the alleged sledge by Baguley is true, then it leads one to access him as some sort of scum sucking bottom dweller; but fortunately for him he is at the right club to have a few mates.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Jake Stringer thread on Bomberblitz is a thing of beauty. If you slow it down enough you can see the frame where Ralph's heart actually breaks.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

They're claiming Stringer needs to build his fitness to return to his 2015/16 level performances, and he needs time at Essendon to do that because he's coming from so far back.

No one in the media questions these sorts of statements, but essentially what Essendon said was he was fit enough to be a premiership player and All Australian at the Bulldogs but not fit enough to get a kick as Essendon, and their standards are so high he needs time to catch up. This is the club that hasn't won a final in 5000 days and hasn't finished above 7th in 15 years. That's of course ignoring the fact that he looks like he swallowed a sheep during preseason at Essendon. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, they're a rambling, disorganised, shambles of a football club. They did however win the trade period once again
    Doesn't that just justify why we were keen on getting rid of him (not willing to work hard enough) and suggest that they overpaid for his services with their 2 x 2nd round pick offer? It also suggests that they traded for a player who wasn't fit enough as a forward but once they acquired him they spruiked, and obviously believed, that they could magically turn him into a midfielder.
    8 weeks into the season they've backtracked in a big way blaming his fitness base as the issue.

They're great at spinning the story but weak on explaining why it so often falls apart for them.

I wonder if McGraths TAC side is the reason for him being dropped back to the VFL?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I was just devastated about letting Stringer go.
    I mean, I understood in the end, but 2015 just had me so brimming with pride and excitement that WE had the most exciting talent in the league, (well 2 of them counting the Bont) and I was just looking forward to 10 years of Stringer magic.Then it all turned to dust in our hands, like a mirage in the desert.

And I must confess I can't help checking his stats every Bombers game and it gives me great satisfaction to see him totally fizz out at the club I hate the most. It wouldn't even bother me if the Bombers dumped him and then he came good at another club (except Hawthorn) but it would have caused me immense Psychological anguish to see Jakey tearing it up for Effingdon.

Seems he's simply incapable of learning. I hope he DOESN"T read Judd's article.

I know it's complicated, but did we kind of turn Jake into Richards and Schache?

If we did we've already 'won' that one.

Now let's just hope Schache does something.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That Jake Stringer thread on Bomberblitz is a thing of beauty. If you slow it down enough you can see the frame where Ralph's heart actually breaks.

Could you please paste a link? I wanna crack a beer and soak it all in

Post Thanks / Like

That Jake Stringer thread on Bomberblitz is a thing of beauty.
    Post from Bomberblitz, "A guy who needed to learn about teamwork and discipline, couldn’t be in a worse team right now."

Couldn't say it any better than this disgruntled Bomber fan.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    If the alleged sledge by Baguley is true, then it leads one to access him as some sort of scum sucking bottom dweller; but fortunately for him he is at the right club to have a few mates.
    Yeah not true:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Could you please paste a link? I wanna crack a beer and soak it all in

Just for you DD;

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/...ger/11704/2347

Enjoy the schadenfrade.

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah not true:

Yeah, nah. A likely story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Actually the article managed to make me feel a certain amount of fear for Stringer’s well-being. I never wanted him to do well at the horrible Bombres but he now seems to be the whipping boy for all the disappointment of the self entitled don the sash mob.

I wonder if Judd was as forthright on his views towards his own teammates from WCE when their drug culture was thriving?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Actually the article managed to make me feel a certain amount of fear for Stringer’s well-being. I never wanted him to do well at the horrible Bombres but he now seems to be the whipping boy for all the disappointment of the self entitled don the sash mob.

I wonder if Judd was as forthright on his views towards his own teammates from WCE when their drug culture was thriving?
    Its probably why he had no hesitation walking out the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Its probably why he had no hesitation walking out the door.

The colour of Carlton's cardboard and the lure of home would have had more to do with him leaving Weat Coast than any moral outrage Judd was feeling I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

The media happily accept that Essendon's obviously superior system somehow means that, although Jake was fit enough to win AA selection and a premiership with us, he was somehow going to turn into a super fit beast of an athlete (which is a narrative you'd think they'd be avoiding with their players for a bit) that was going to waste with us. We didn't really prepare Jake properly for the rigours of AFL football but it was ok now because a proper club had him now and would utilise him properly.

But somehow the message "get our superior system to prepare Jake Stringer accordingly for AFL football" got translated as "let Jake eat all the pies he wants" somewhere at Tullamarine.

I tell you what I would be interested on Jake Stringer's opinion on. How much softer the floor at Tullamarine is than it is at Whitten oval. We haven't heard that yet,

Post Thanks / Like

Just for you DD;

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/...ger/11704/2347

Enjoy the schadenfrade.
    Why is it I read the bomberblitz page on Stringer with the picture of 4 nuns singing "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?" in my head (and a smile on my face)
    WOOF Member 422

22. Likes Twodogs liked this post