Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
There's plenty of Sydney and Bulldogs players who hated boxing training up against Hall.

Gallen might be stronger but Hall is the purer boxer.
I wouldn't want to face up to him. Apart from the fact that he is twice my size and doesn't care if he has to hurt you. It's those "No offence mate, it's just business" that scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
Absolutely. I've been watching a lot of recent interviews and podcasts with Mike Tyson. The current Mike Tyson is just so interesting to listen to. I heard him the other day talking about one of the first things Cus D'Amato taught him was the 'peek a boo' method for self defence/protection. He could obviously punch with more aggression than anyone, but being smaller and with a smaller reach than many opponents he needed to protect himself first. Throwing fists around with a good technical defence is an open invitation to KO or TKO. Hall has size, weight, reach and long term boxing proficiency (presumably including defence and aggression and measuring them right). That's a pretty good advantage.
Tyson is a terrific example of the Fighter V the Boxer. He had no sense of timing but flailed his fists around like a threshing machine and was as hard as a cat's head. He was genuinely scary but once he had lost the mystique was gone and good boxers knew they could pick their way through the punches and they would win.