Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
If it wasn't written by the former captain who walked out on us, that would be a good read. But his words are so hollow and meaningless. I feel like editing it - "The Bulldogs meant everything to me but I walked out on them whilst captain anyway. I'm more important than all of them... you don't do what he did to a club that means something to you...

"I know it seemed on the outside that it was a bit of a weird departure, but hey, captains walk out on their clubs all the time. No big deal"...

I hold grudges, and what he did I cannot forgive. Even knowing what was to follow, I lost all respect for him when he bailed. I wish him no harm, but I am thrilled that his career fizzled out and amounted to nothing.
I think Ryan’s exit can’t be explained or judged until everything about Macartney’s time there is known. It’s all good to blame Griff, Cooney, Higgins, Lake etc for leaving when we needed them to stay, but they all left cause of the coach (as I understand). So he must’ve been a tough guy to work for. Those that had other options, took them up.