Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    When both parents will do whatever it takes for publicity the kids are always going to be the loser. I really feel sorry for the two girls, what chance do they have with these two as parents.
    Absolutely.

I have a massive issue with people who directly involve their children in raising social media profiles. It's an invasion of the child's privacy, and just because you are a parent it doesn't mean you should exploit their being to advance your own means. In twenty years time we'll be seeing law suits against parents for this sort of thing, if WOOF's still around you can mark my words!

But still, why would you be running onto the ground with your kids after 100 games?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I have a massive issue with people who directly involve their children in raising social media profiles. It's an invasion of the child's privacy, and just because you are a parent it doesn't mean you should exploit their being to advance your own means. In twenty years time we'll be seeing law suits against parents for this sort of thing, if WOOF's still around you can mark my words!
    I couldn't agree more.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

But still, why would you be running onto the ground with your kids after 100 games?

My ex and I had a rule. Don't run the other parent down, your kids have a right to love both their parents and you have no right to take that from them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They never got married......
    ok defacto married

When both parents will do whatever it takes for publicity the kids are always going to be the loser. I really feel sorry for the two girls, what chance do they have with these two as parents.
    couldn't agree more.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I separated when my kids were 10 and 5 , we made sure the kids were happy and my ex never refused me seeing them and always offered to see them.
    We both have a great relationship with our children and they are now 26 and 21.
    Our personal issues with each other stayed just that and the kids grew up in a very happy household on both sides of the family.
    I detest seeing kids used to get back at the other parent.
    Stringers statement is hurting the kids more than his ex If what she says is true.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My ex and I had a rule. Don't run the other parent down, your kids have a right to love both their parents and you have no right to take that from them.
    That's our rule too.

A major issue is that the daughters are going to learn how to sue Google sooner rather than later and will have to read that their dad cheated on their mum while she was pregnant. The relationship will be strained when they start reading articles.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That's our rule too.

A major issue is that the daughters are going to learn how to sue Google sooner rather than later and will have to read that their dad cheated on their mum while she was pregnant. The relationship will be strained when they start reading articles.
    Or the ridicule they'll get from their school mates when they find the article boasting to the world how their Mum's getting breast implants, especially with the accompanying photos including the kids themselves. I doubt these issues would be a concern for either of them however.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That's our rule too.

And the bottom line is that's your mum or your dad and you don't want to be hearing anyone running one of your parents down, even or maybe especially, if it's the other parent.

Use! You meant to say use! Far out that threw me out more than a misprint has for a long while. I just couldn't work it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Or the ridicule they'll get from their school mates when they find the article boasting to the world how their Mum's getting breast implants, especially with the accompanying photos including the kids themselves. I doubt these issues would be a concern for either of them however.
    True. Neither appear to be forward-thinking types though, I'm guessing they'll learn most of their lessons the hard way.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Do kids just adjust to the prevailing norm or is that as bad as it sounds like it is?

Post Thanks / Like

I see way, way too much of this sort of behaviour and its bloody hard to bite my tongue when it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I see way, way too much of this sort of behaviour and its bloody hard to bite my tongue when it happens.
    You're a better man than I. I'd end up biting through my tongue I reckon.

It's easy to say that you love your kids but walking the walk isn't as simple. Having said that my ex only once got me close to being angry with her and that was more her not thinking through something than out of spite so maybe I'm lucky that I can have a civilised relationship with her? We both moved on with our personal and private lives pretty quickly after our break up. We are completely different people and we made the "opposites attract" thing work for us for a bit but when it finished there was nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a better man than I. I'd end up biting through my tongue I reckon.

It's easy to say that you love your kids but walking the walk isn't as simple. Having said that my ex only once got me close to being angry with her and that was more her not thinking through something than out of spite so maybe I'm lucky that I can have a civilised relationship with her? We both moved on with our personal and private lives pretty quickly after our break up. We are completely different people and we made the "opposites attract" thing work for us for a bit but when it finished there was nothing.
    I won't say that it's rare but it's refreshing. I guess I just see people at their worst far too often.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the worst tattoo ever!
    This whole stringer media love feast is making me ill

Post Thanks / Like

Liam!!!