Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Is it just me or is Jake Stringer actually putting on weight? And not the good kind.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Is it just me or is Jake Stringer actually putting on weight? And not the good kind.
    I watched the game last week and thought the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Played okay though today apparently.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Played okay though today apparently.
    He was pretty important before his injury (although short term) which coincided with the Hawks wresting control of the game.
    Still, *!*!*!*! him
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the game yesterday with some mates and they were calling him Stewy Dew! But Stewy Dew now not when he played.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is the right place for this (move if necessary) but transcript of Cooney discussing the end of his time with us. https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/...ach-mccartney/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this (move if necessary) but transcript of Cooney discussing the end of his time with us. https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/...ach-mccartney/
    There's certainly some hidden cobwebs with the whole McCartney saga....

You can't begrudge some of the players who left that year hearing how they were treated. Although some could have shown greater leadership in handling the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney was in trouble anyway , he admits his knee was stuffed and I think we didn't see anything in keeping him because of it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I thought it was worth a thread of its own
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Jarrod Harbrow chalked up his 150th game for Gold Coast this year and also took out their best and fairest this week.

He's signed a two year contract extension which should take him through to the 260-270 game mark.

It's a shame we lost him, he'd have been a very good servant. However, he would've earned almost double up there as he would've with us. Albeit sans a premiership medallion.

Interesting question: Owning two extra houses at career end, or owning a premiership medal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I see Jarrod Harbrow chalked up his 150th game for Gold Coast this year and also took out their best and fairest this week.

He's signed a two year contract extension which should take him through to the 260-270 game mark.

It's a shame we lost him, he'd have been a very good servant. However, he would've earned almost double up there as he would've with us. Albeit sans a premiership medallion.

Interesting question: Owning two extra houses at career end, or owning a premiership medal?
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The two houses were guaranteed, a flag Probably 100–1 chance when he left.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Houses.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Houses.
    Yep agree. Set yourself up for life.

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows what he could have commanded if he stayed with us, or what opportunities could have come his way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Premiership medal. It's the whole point of playing the game. If you are playing to get rich and own houses then you are playing for the wrong reasons.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.