Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Grigg with back to back Magarey Medals. 25 years old, wonder if anybody will give him a second chance at AFL level?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Grigg with back to back Magarey Medals. 25 years old, wonder if anybody will give him a second chance at AFL level?
    Wikipedia suggests injury and form were the reasons why he couldn't crack the AFL. I can't remember him, what sort of player was he and why didn't he make it?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Wikipedia suggests injury and form were the reasons why he couldn't crack the AFL. I can't remember him, what sort of player was he and why didn't he make it?
    From what I can tell he is a well skilled inside mid with an excellent kick. The knock on him is a complete lack of pace.

Post Thanks / Like

8CD48ED3-531B-4419-B651-8D9F79AE1A7F.jpg
    3 ex coaches together taken yesterday.
    Can you name all three ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

From right, Squirrel, Rocket and..... Don McKenzie..?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    From right, Squirrel, Rocket and..... Don McKenzie..?
    Yep, got it in one
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Amy

@PaulAmy375
    Follow Follow @PaulAmy375
    More
    Plenty of state league interest in delisted Western Bulldogs defender Kieran Collins. Had three years with the Dogs but also eight operations. Still only 20 and a chance to get a second AFL listing.

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Paul Amy

@PaulAmy375
    Follow Follow @PaulAmy375
    More
    Plenty of state league interest in delisted Western Bulldogs defender Kieran Collins. Had three years with the Dogs but also eight operations. Still only 20 and a chance to get a second AFL listing.
    Confused? Is this news that Kieran is attracting interest from the VFL/WAFL/SANFL or other AFL clubs? It's contradicting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Confused? Is this news that Kieran is attracting interest from the VFL/WAFL/SANFL or other AFL clubs? It's contradicting.
    I think he's hinting that another AFL club might take a punt in him but State League clubs will be clamoring for his signature if not.

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri has been delisted.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Crameri has been delisted.
    Twice in two years. Missed premiership. Today is when he needs to be happy with his decision to knock back his slap on the wrist. If he is that's great. If he's got doubts about his career might have gone otherwise, then that's going to linger.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Twice in two years. Missed premiership. Today is when he needs to be happy with his decision to knock back his slap on the wrist. If he is that's great. If he's got doubts about his career might have gone otherwise, then that's going to linger.
    Yep, very true. No doubt there will be an underlying resentment by a number of the former EFC players. When things are going well, they'll be fine but out of the AFL club "bubble" i wonder how they'll go? Hopefully Stew has his off-field situation in order and career prospects to continue on with.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Twice in two years. Missed premiership. Today is when he needs to be happy with his decision to knock back his slap on the wrist.
    I don't believe for a minute that his decision to maintain his innocence was to blame. I only hope he gives himself an out, and blames the Essendon camp for their "whatever it takes" attitude, and their lack of consideration for their players' welfare, careers and post football futures.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Yep, very true. No doubt there will be an underlying resentment by a number of the former EFC players. When things are going well, they'll be fine but out of the AFL club "bubble" i wonder how they'll go? Hopefully Stew has his off-field situation in order and career prospects to continue on with.
    One of them works at my work. He's doing well.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that his decision to maintain his innocence was to blame. I only hope he gives himself an out, and blames the Essendon camp for their "whatever it takes" attitude, and their lack of consideration for their players' welfare, careers and post football futures.
    For sure there's plenty of blame, and Essendon has responsibility for what happened, not sure there's any doubt on that. The issue he has to reconcile, now his career is over today, is whether he's happy he instructed Gordon Legal to knock back the slap on the wrist they got for him. That was his, and his own, decision to make. If he's happy with it, that's good. If there's regret about it, then he might have to work through that. And sue the arse off Essendon and everyone there at the time.

Slim, his father (a great bloke) has a string of businesses, I assume he's got a spot in that empire if he wants it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023