Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Oops! Brian Lake got photographed at the Caulfield Cup doing a line in a dunny. Apparently on the Herald Sun site but I can't get behind the paywall.

This may work for you:

https://outline.com/knca3d
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    And another year in 2015 unfortunately.
    What a shithouse footballer he was. Of the players we've selected over the years he was the player that looked the furthest from AFL football I've seen. Howard was a very poor VFL player but I still think Fulller was worse. It goes to show how much below SANFL is from VFL yet AFL clubs had always been reluctant to recruit VFL players.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Oops! Brian Lake got photographed at the Caulfield Cup doing a line in a dunny. Apparently on the Herald Sun site but I can't get behind the paywall.

This may work for you:

https://outline.com/knca3d
    He certainly needs help, his life is getting worse by the minute.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What a shithouse footballer he was. Of the players we've selected over the years he was the player that looked the furthest from AFL football I've seen. Howard was a very poor VFL player but I still think Fulller was worse. It goes to show how much below SANFL is from VFL yet AFL clubs had always been reluctant to recruit VFL players.
    With all due respect, I don’t think it goes to show that at all.

6. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

At least Howard is Footscray VFL premiership hero (long live that shank) Howard. Fuller can't even say that.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Declan Hamilton was the worst I seen in my 20 years watching the dogs. I reckon even worse than Fuller. I tend to give the young ones a long time to prove themselves. Could never understand what recruitment team saw in either but at least Fuller could boot the ball long. Whenever ball was within vicinity of Hamilton I would inwardly groan thinking here comes a turnover/weak effort/dinky not do clever pass/ (insert other infuriating play).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Declan Hamilton was the worst I seen in my 20 years watching the dogs. I reckon even worse than Fuller. I tend to give the young ones a long time to prove themselves. Could never understand what recruitment team saw in either but at least Fuller could boot the ball long. Whenever ball was within vicinity of Hamilton I would inwardly groan thinking here comes a turnover/weak effort/dinky not do clever pass/ (insert other infuriating play).
    He was tiny as well which gave him no body strength at all , he just waited to be given the ball most of the time.
    I too saw nothing in him and agree with you.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    He was tiny as well which gave him no body strength at all , he just waited to be given the ball most of the time.
    I too saw nothing in him and agree with you.
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...rts-the-kennel
    average 16 disposals, 40 goals across 3 seasons.

Saw him play in the 2016 VFL final, shanked the ball and lots of turnovers. Never demanded the ball all seemed a player lacking confidence in his footy.

In hindsight we should have cut him after the 2nd year. I hope the club learns to cut the list deeper and not have too many list cloggers.

2013 was a terrible year and unlucky for recruiting - apart from Bonts... no one else stands out on the list. Crameri just had bad run of injuries and plagued by essendons drug scandal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-2...and-trade-haul

Very interesting read. Adelaide has done surprisingly well from their limited opportunites. Freo are in "rebuild" as basically none of their players have made it from that period.

Ben brown sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

Ben brown sigh...
    I would lament Ben Brown as for us he would be playing ruck and would probably be delisted or traded by now.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...rts-the-kennel
    average 16 disposals, 40 goals across 3 seasons.

Saw him play in the 2016 VFL final, shanked the ball and lots of turnovers. Never demanded the ball all seemed a player lacking confidence in his footy.

In hindsight we should have cut him after the 2nd year. I hope the club learns to cut the list deeper and not have too many list cloggers.

2013 was a terrible year and unlucky for recruiting - apart from Bonts... no one else stands out on the list. Crameri just had bad run of injuries and plagued by essendons drug scandal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-2...and-trade-haul

Very interesting read. Adelaide has done surprisingly well from their limited opportunites. Freo are in "rebuild" as basically none of their players have made it from that period.

Ben brown sigh...
    I thought Crameri was a great recruit, kicking 37 goals in 2014 and 32 in 2015. He missed the premiership year due to drug cheating and then was injured for the whole year in 2017

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

NMM heading to Box Hill Hawks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    NMM heading to Box Hill Hawks
    The team is united together with Tweedie. Good for them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Kieran Collins has signed with the Northern Blues. Played alongside Weitering in the Dandenong defence in his underage year, they are most likely having a look at him for a year and then potentially reuniting the pair.

It's curious to me that he would sign with a VFL team now, rather than put his name up in the Roookie draft. It obvioulsy means the phones aren't running hot, but if a clubs plans don't go to fruition they might be looking at an emergency huge unit defender.

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6836

17. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Kieran Collins has signed with the Northern Blues. Played alongside Weitering in the Dandenong defence in his underage year, they are most likely having a look at him for a year and then potentially reuniting the pair.

It's curious to me that he would sign with a VFL team now, rather than put his name up in the Roookie draft. It obvioulsy means the phones aren't running hot, but if a clubs plans don't go to fruition they might be looking at an emergency huge unit defender.

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6836
    Might also indicate that Goddard will most likely get a spot there as the depth KPD with history of injuries.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    It's curious to me that he would sign with a VFL team now, rather than put his name up in the Rookie draft. It obvioulsy means the phones aren't running hot, but if a clubs plans don't go to fruition they might be looking at an emergency huge unit defender.
    I think this is pretty common. Pre-seasons are starting this or next week so you need to commit to a team by now with the obvious understanding that your preference is to be picked up by an AFL club.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right