Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'd actually be concerned more than excited by 2019 Jake Stringer hanging 7 on my first choice backline but whatever.
    What this teaches everyone else is that the Bombers can be easily scored against by leaving a player out the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    What this teaches everyone else is that the Bombers can be easily scored against by leaving a player out the back.
    It means they're all playing in front of their opponents and a long kicker can get them.

C'mon down Suckling...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It means they're all playing in front of their opponents and a long kicker can get them.

C'mon down Suckling...

And Richards. And Williams. And...

Oh well. At least they won the trade period I guess.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer allegedly cherry ripe. Sounds like he has finally taken pre season seriously.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-...ing-for-rivals
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Stringer allegedly cherry ripe. Sounds like he has finally taken pre season seriously.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-...ing-for-rivals
    Same every year and then he gets lazy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Former footballer Brian Lake seeks help at mental health clinic after alleged rampage

Fallen former AFL star Brian Lake is seeking help at a mental health clinic after being charged over an alleged rampage.

The three-time premiership champion and Norm Smith medallist has been charged with seven offences.

Court records show a magistrate bailed the Hawthorn legend after he appeared before an out-of-session hearing late Monday.

Police issued a warrant for the 37-year-old’s arrest over the matters on February 12.

Lake is facing charges of aggravated burglary, criminal damage, stalking, unlawful assault and trespassing.

Police confirmed the incident occurred at a property in Aintree on February 17. He was arrested eight days later in Camberwell.

It is understood Lake voluntarily admitted himself to a Melbourne health facility following the incident.

Friends and family have rallied behind the fallen footy star.

Sources say there are fears for the ex-AFL great’s mental wellbeing and that he is struggling with the breakdown of his marriage.

His estranged wife has begun a new relationship.

Late last year, Lake travelled to Asia to seek treatment at a drug and alcohol facility.

“It’s pretty well known within footy that he is spiralling,” said a source.

“He’s in a hole … he’s been in rehab recently.

“He won the Norm Smith six years ago and his third flag four years ago. It’s a pretty decent fall since leaving the game.”

Lake is scheduled to return to the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on March 13 for the matters.

Existing charges of failure to answer bail, unlicensed driving and excess speeding will be heard on the same date.

Court documents show the Caroline Springs father of three is also scheduled to appear in court on June 19 for a matter being prosecuted by Avondale Heights police.

Lake has had a tumultuous past few months, including a stint in prison in Japan.

The reality TV star said he had hit “rock bottom” in July when he spent six days locked up in Osaka after a destructive booze bender. He was never charged with any offences.

Lake returned home from 49 days on Australian Survivor to the news his wife wanted a break.

He packed his bags and fled to Bali then Japan.

He said a phone argument with his estranged wife triggered a drunken brawl that landed him in a Japanese prison.

“It wasn’t agreed upon beforehand, but it was obviously thought about,” Lake said of their marriage breakdown.

“Then it didn’t really happen until probably a couple of days after I got back. She mentioned it’s probably best if we just had a break for a while.

“So, yeah, you just come off the island, off the game and then I think it was 48 hours, so that’s why I went to Bali straightaway.”

Months later he revealed he would go to drug and alcohol rehab after a photo emerged of him with a white substance lined up in a toilet cubicle.

“After recent conversations with those close to me I have come to the realisation that I need to seek professional help,” he said at the time.

“The decision has come in recent weeks after reflecting on some of the incidents that have taken place and I must accept that I need to improve my health.”

Lake took to Instagram on February 8 to post an image of his ex-wife and their three kids which was captioned: “Family is everything.”

Friends reached out with offers of support.

“I know you are having a hard time. Look after you first then everything may work out.”

Lake was drafted to the Western Bulldogs in 2001 and made his AFL debut the following year after being recruited from SANFL club Woodville West-Torrens.

He was then traded to Hawthorn, where he was part of the Hawks’ premiership three-peat from 2013 to 2015.

The talented fullback won the Norm Smith Medal in 2013, and was also named All-Australian in 2009 and 2010.

Lake’s lawyer has been contacted for comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Agg Burg!

*!*!*!*! me. That's a holy *!*!*!*!ing hell of a charge.

So aggravated burglary, criminal damage, stalking, unlawful assault and trespassing. Plus fail to answer bail, unlicensed driving and speeding. That's a bit of everything for one hearing. Lucky to get bail.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Rumours were floating around on Monday about Lake getting done for trespass, this is one of those instances where reality ends up being worse than the rumour.

The guy's really off the rails.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Agg Burg!

*!*!*!*! me. That's a holy *!*!*!*!ing hell of a charge.

So aggravated burglary, criminal damage, stalking, unlawful assault and trespassing. Plus fail to answer bail, unlicensed driving and speeding. That's a bit of everything for one hearing. Lucky to get bail.
    Is the burglary, criminal damage, etc at his exs place? I doubt it is at a random place. (just guessing)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear effin me!!!!

My heart goes out to him for how he must be feeling right now but in life you make your bed, you know the rest!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is the burglary, criminal damage, etc at his exs place? I doubt it is at a random place. (just guessing)
    Since there is stalking in there that seems the most likely scenario.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he gets on back on track soon as he is obviously going through a very rough patch.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's my guess. Or another place where we wasn't meant to be. Just for colour, WD54 can do a more complete explanation, burglary is where you break into somewhere you shouldn't (a house, building etc), usually to steal property. A serious, but arguably lesser charge against the property. Agg Burglary is where you break into somewhere you shouldn't and there's other innocent people home/inside, usually to steal something or in the extreme to assault someone. A more serious, much more serious charge against the person. The other charges wouldn't bother a good QC too much, but the agg burg charge might pose a few problems for Brian. If he for instance kicked in the front door and then proceeded to undertake the unlawful assault upon someone else, then he's got troubles if that is even remotely close to being true, this is a guess though. We will soon see how severe the Agg Burg is, but the rest is bad, but not lose much sleep over bad from his lawyers viewpoint.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's my guess. Or another place where we wasn't meant to be. Just for colour, WD54 can do a more complete explanation, burglary is where you break into somewhere you shouldn't (a house, building etc), usually to steal property. A serious, but arguably lesser charge against the property. Agg Burglary is where you break into somewhere you shouldn't and there's other innocent people home/inside, usually to steal something or in the extreme to assault someone. A more serious, much more serious charge against the person. The other charges wouldn't bother a good QC too much, but the agg burg charge might pose a few problems for Brian. If he for instance kicked in the front door and then proceeded to undertake the unlawful assault upon someone else, then he's got troubles if that is even remotely close to being true, this is a guess though. We will soon see how severe the Agg Burg is, but the rest is bad, but not lose much sleep over bad from his lawyers viewpoint.
    This is a pretty good explanation.

Burglary is the act of entering, as a trespassers, a building, or part thereof, with the intent of stealing, assaulting or damaging property once inside.

The aggravated component comes in if at the time of said entering the accused:

was in possession of a firearm or other offensive weapon; or
    There was a person present and the person ought to have known they were present or was reckless to the fact that they were present.

In either case if the Agg Burg proceeds it will do so in County Court. It can't be heard summarily.

If the stalking, crim damage and unlawful assault are all from the same incident he's looking at imprisonment.

If it's a family violence incident he is in a whole world of hurt, the courts are looking very dimly at Family Violence incidents and this is high end offending.

15. Thanks Dry Rot, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    This is a pretty good explanation.

Burglary is the act of entering, as a trespassers, a building, or part thereof, with the intent of stealing, assaulting or damaging property once inside.

The aggravated component comes in if at the time of said entering the accused:

was in possession of a firearm or other offensive weapon; or
    There was a person present and the person ought to have known they were present or was reckless to the fact that they were present.

In either case if the Agg Burg proceeds it will do so in County Court. It can't be heard summarily.

If the stalking, crim damage and unlawful assault are all from the same incident he's looking at imprisonment.

If it's a family violence incident he is in a whole world of hurt, the courts are looking very dimly at Family Violence incidents and this is high end offending.
    I just re-read the article. He's got an outstanding 'fail to appear on bail'. If he's still on said bail, and has a serious indictable offence (with other charges) committed on bail alleged at him by police, that's a very, very, very generous granting of bail. If he's on two sets of bail, he better not even think about trying for a third.