Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 13 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In The HUN today one of our ex's Justin Sherman coach of Kyabram was mysteriously sacked even though they played off in the grand final this year.
    Yeah he did a Wayne Carey I heard.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In The HUN today one of our ex's Justin Sherman coach of Kyabram was mysteriously sacked even though they played off in the grand final this year.
    I live in Ky and its no mystery why he's been sacked.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I live in Ky and its no mystery why he's been sacked.
    Went fishing in someone else's pond, eh?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    While fundamentally agreeing with you, in my mind it's about synthesizing the core actionable agenda items of our inner loop strategic priorities to ensure pull through while not subjugating outer loop enterprise ideals through the lens of the microcosm of our immediate functionality.

#YesIWorkInStrategy #ThisIsMyDayToDay
    Very funny, but uncomfortably close to the real thing. Which, of course, is nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan Eagleton now sells coffee

O’GRADY PLANS TO OPEN CYCLE ‘HUB’ IN ADELAIDE

STUART O’Grady has revealed plans to open a “cycling hub” in the Adelaide parklands.

In his first major project since the doping confession which ended his cycling career in July last year, O’Grady has gone into business with former AFL footballer Nathan Eagleton to open the “Velo Precinct” in the Victoria Park grandstand.

Vic Park currently hosts club and state-level criterium races and is also the site for the annual V8 Supercar Clipsal 500.

But O’Grady and Eagleton — who played 277 AFL games with Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs — hope to have a cycling centre and cafe open by next year’s Tour Down Under.

The centre would run daily spin classes and those who are really keen can bring their bikes in to ride stationary ergo trainers for more specific training. There are also plans to incorporate an outdoor cinema and other entertainment during summer.

“It’s an incredible location with an existing cycling track in front,” O’Grady said.

“The council are really trying to make it a vibrant area … and hopefully we can help out by providing a healthy lifestyle and nice community feel.

“(Office workers) just want to get out there, do a really good one-hour session and get home to be with the kids so whether that’s before or after work hopefully we can keep them nice and fit.”

Eagleton, who retired from AFL football in 2010, said the project would help rejuvenate the parklands and make good use of the grandstand.

“The city is flooded with cyclists most weekends and we can bring them to a hub for cycling with spin classes during the week morning and night,” he said.

I wonder if O'Grady asked Brian Lake what it's like to be in partnership with Nathan

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Went fishing in someone else's pond, eh?
    Nah, just didn't embrace the club and town(fly in fly out coach was never going to cut it) and apprently was a bit clique'y. Was coming for a while and would have been no surprise to anyone around the town(and Shermo). He got payed out his last year of his contract and Ky's got a local boy returning to take the reins. Everyone's a winner I guess.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post

I wonder if O'Grady asked Brian Lake what it's like to be in partnership with Nathan
    At the risk of sounding like an ill informed dimwit: please explain.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an ill informed dimwit: please explain.
    Eagleton, Cooney & Lake started a kids play centre business. When it went belly up Eagleton sued them both. If memory serves me correct.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Eagleton, Cooney & Lake started a kids play centre business. When it went belly up Eagleton sued them both. If memory serves me correct.
    I thought it was only Lake that Eagleton sued, over Lake owing a large sum of money to the business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I thought it was only Lake that Eagleton sued, over Lake owing a large sum of money to the business.
    Could be wrong, but I thought Cooney was in the business venture too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Not sure he would have to be to worried, however if it was Lake there may be some tension.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Could be wrong, but I thought Cooney was in the business venture too.
    Yes, Cooney was in it. I was just saying that I only remember Eagle suing Lake, not Cooney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yes, Cooney was in it. I was just saying that I only remember Eagle suing Lake, not Cooney.
    Yep.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/chris-j...28-gkkryk.html

Juddy's post-AFL career on the comedy circuit has started with all guns blazing. There's some rolled gold zingers in that article

16. Likes F'scary, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/chris-j...28-gkkryk.html

Juddy's post-AFL career on the comedy circuit has started with all guns blazing. There's some rolled gold zingers in that article

Rebuilding.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.