Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Speaking of Stringer he’s potentially on the market.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...11-p57qw6.html
    Hard pass.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Speaking of Stringer he’s potentially on the market.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...11-p57qw6.html
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Hard pass.
    He is nearly old enough to go to Geelong.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I love how the media mollycoddle these pretenders:

And despite sitting 15th on the ladder with a record of 2-6, the Bombers are playing exciting football and have a healthy percentage of 95.6.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Twodogs, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Irving Mosquito has taken indefinite leave and is out of contract. He's the guy the Dons bid for and it wasn't matched by I think the Hawks much to Dodo's pleasure.
    He's the fellow Bruce said has a beautiful face, which isn't a weird thing to say at all.

6. Likes chef, 1eyedog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

And despite sitting 15th on the ladder with a record of 2-6, the Bombers are playing exciting football and have a healthy percentage of 95.6.
    I literally fell off my chair onto the ground laughing when I read that. Family members came into the room to check I was OK. I showed them the article and they understood why I fell off my chair.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not just that they’re losing 75% of the time, it’s how they’re doing it?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes soupman, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I literally fell off my chair onto the ground laughing when I read that. Family members came into the room to check I was OK. I showed them the article and they understood why I fell off my chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s not just that they’re losing 75% of the time, it’s how they’re doing it?
    Once you see this stuff for what it is you can't miss it ever again. I mean the whole article is crazy. Jake Stringer has gone backwards and it's trying to enter into the conversation a case for paying him twenty per cent more over the same period of time that he was originally offered by Essington to somehow justify how they overpaid the first time and got it wrong.

Ink and paper gets used on this stuff. Electricity as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Once you see this stuff for what it is you can't miss it ever again. I mean the whole article is crazy. Jake Stringer has gone backwards and it's trying to enter into the conversation a case for paying him twenty per cent more over the same period of time that he was originally offered by Essington to somehow justify how they overpaid the first time and got it wrong.

Not a lot of brain power though.

Post Thanks / Like

You would’ve thought they won that Carlton game by 10 goals. The commentary is nauseating and only going to get worse once Cox/Perkins actually start doing anything.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Interesting article.

The claim that string is tough I find amusing. He goes off the ground with any hint of a twinge. He may show strength in a contest but I have always considered him soft.

Also no way his availability is of any interest to me.
    Described him to a tea.

Big no thanks from me.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait. Is that raising Co2, or is it the horse shit and methane in the article? Or both?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the fact that they said he is on $500k a year, never finished top 10 b&f at Essendon and then ask if he is worth $600k had me giggling too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah the fact that they said he is on $500k a year, never finished top 10 b&f at Essendon and then ask if he is worth $600k had me giggling too.
    What had me giggling was describing him as a STAR. He has been very ordinary since mid 2016
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What a monumental waste of talent. 2015 Stringer was off the charts. And it's been downhill ever since.

19. Likes EasternWest, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a very entertaining thread about him on Bomberblitz that starts with a huge circle jerk about how good he was and how we'd be spewing that we gave him up. It peaks around May 2019 when they are pretty much calling for him to be appointed captain coach.

One poster points out that he seems to be a bit on the largish side for a supposed professional sportsperson but the next few posts are alll saying "nahhhh. That massive gut helps him in marking contests". Then it's all "Jakey will kick five this week" "actually it will be this week for sure" "oops, got that wrong. But this week he'll kick ten" "oh bugger. He's pinged his hamstring..."

21. Likes ratsmac, jeemak liked this post