Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 20 of 289 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes his family are mad keen Essendon supporters. That will teach 'em.
    It's about half and half, with a few Sydney on his mum's side-don't forget him grandad won a Brownlow with South Melbourne. Some members and of his family refuse to talk to him over him leaving the Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Just on this subject, Rick Olarenshaw's mother passed away a couple of days back. She remained a staunch Doggies girl right to the end. A great effort. God bless her pure soul!
    His dad is still a bulldog supporter too. I didn't know his mum had passed on, that's really sad. Me and my dad have bought a shed load of paint from them over the years.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's about half and half, with a few Sydney on his mum's side-don't forget him grandad won a Brownlow with South Melbourne. Some members and of his family refuse to talk to him over him leaving the Bulldogs.

His dad is still a bulldog supporter too. I didn't know his mum had passed on, that's really sad. Me and my dad have bought a shed load of paint from them over the years.
    I know Ward's dad was a keen bummer supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on this subject, Rick Olarenshaw's mother passed away a couple of days back. She remained a staunch Doggies girl right to the end. A great effort. God bless her pure soul!
    That is sad news. Best wishes to the family.

From memory the Olarenshaw and West families lived in the same street (I think in Strathmore or somewhere near there) on the border of the old zones. Ricky an his family loved the Dogs but lived on the Essendon side of the street, whilst Scott and the Wests were Bomber fans but lived on the Dogs side.

Tough break all round. Ricky was a pretty good AFL player, but somehow reckon it all worked out best for us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    That is sad news. Best wishes to the family.

From memory the Olarenshaw and West families lived in the same street (I think in Strathmore or somewhere near there) on the border of the old zones. Ricky an his family loved the Dogs but lived on the Essendon side of the street, whilst Scott and the Wests were Bomber fans but lived on the Dogs side.

Tough break all round. Ricky was a pretty good AFL player, but somehow reckon it all worked out best for us
    I believe they were actually neighbours over the back fence in Keilor. The Wests were mad Essendon and the Olarenshaws mad Footscray. Great to know Scotty converted his family across to us, but the Olarenshaws stuck fat as Dogs fans. Good, strong family values and leadership.

I believe, although a Keilor resident, West travelled to play his footy at Strathmore due to some family ties to the club. Rick simply played at the local club, Keilor, who happened to wear Footscray colours. Both went to Essendon Grammar in East Keilor, I believe.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Ward's dad was a keen bummer supporter.
    Greg. He played with Yarraville in the glory and not so glory days in the VFA. Big curly haired ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Greg. He played with Yarraville in the glory and not so glory days in the VFA. Big curly haired ruckman.
    Yes I remember him. Wasn't sure what position he played him. Tough nut.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I remember him. Wasn't sure what position he played him. Tough nut.

Yep. Callan gets the curly hair and cement head from him.

I've got some Yarraville footy cards somewhere, pretty sure Greg is on one of them and it lists his position as ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Greg Ward played U19's for us- back in the red shorts days between 75 & 78.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen Liam Jones in the nab cup? Is he injured??

One kick, zero handballs last game.
    Zero kicks, one handball today's game.

(Caleb Daniel 17 touches in one game) If he's not injured, it's getting embarrassing that we had him on our list let alone trading him in, building him up, dropping him and getting these returns for big dollars like this.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jones and Talia were two of the most frustrating footballers to have appeared on our list. It's such a relief that they're someone else's problem. Some players just can't work the game out.

Tutt at least had a go today, but he just hasn't got the tools to make it. Webb, Dale & Daniel have already provided more for us than Tutt did over several years.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jones and Talia were two of the most frustrating footballers to have appeared on our list. It's such a relief that they're someone else's problem. Some players just can't work the game out.

Tutt at least had a go today, but he just hasn't got the tools to make it. Webb, Dale & Daniel have already provided more for us than Tutt did over several years.
    Apart from the Footscray premiership. They will always have a special spot as Footscray premiership players at least. Thing is though Liam Jones kicked 5 that day and was instrumental in turning the momentum back our way and keeping it there in the last quarter. I think that performance maybe what motivated Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed the question. He's had two touches in 8 quarters of footy. Is he injured or shitter than anyone could've ever imagined?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I may have missed the question. He's had two touches in 8 quarters of footy. Is he injured or shitter than anyone could've ever imagined?
    Is he a confidence player whose confidence is utterly shot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Is he a confidence player whose confidence is utterly shot?
    2 touches in the first 8 quarters of the season, confidence gone already?. If he's not injured, they'd be better to sack him and elevate a rookie. My 80yo grandma who can barely move is better for 2 or more touches a game, admittedly they'd be cheapies in the forward pocket on the counter attack when her defender is out of position having run off.

17. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did Carlton score today?