Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

One wonders, for a bloke whose chief asset is his heart, whether post-departure Zaine's isn't quite in it any more.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has plenty of time to get his season back on track and contribute.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it’s just that he’s not “muscular” and kind of runs like he’s in pain, that he looks out of shape but isn’t?

I mean, I hate the saints so sucked in if they gave a player 3 years and he’s a dud for them, but for Zaine I hope it works out.

6. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Maybe it’s just that he’s not “muscular” and kind of runs like he’s in pain, that he looks out of shape but isn’t?

I mean, I hate the saints so sucked in if they gave a player 3 years and he’s a dud for them, but for Zaine I hope it works out.
    Reports are/were him finishing dead last regularly in their time trial running. Not sure he’s telling Ross, ‘sure I finished last again coach, but it’s my non muscular physique that’s the reason’.

If he tries that, I hope there’s video of it.

I followed him round his last year in the TAC, and rated him highly. Not as high as BMAC who told me they’d use the Higgins compo pick on Cordy if needed and see it as a huge win. But I didn’t understand why he didn’t play more the style he did when I watched him back then. But it is what it is. And if he blows this opportunity with the Aints it will be yet another shame of a premiership player that slowly withered off the vine (Stringer, Biggs, Dahl’s motovation levels, plus Picko, Hunter over time, Clay and Boyd’s injuries, Dunkley wanting out every three seconds and Zaine from the drunken fighting (and lying about it.) with Boyd and the Mad Monday pics show a bloke that might want to re-think his priorities. He had the talent, but just maybe he’s the greyhound that catches the rabbit (premiership in bugger all games). He never really got much better year on year. Maybe he’s happy to have three more years salary like Stringer is after the contract ink is dry. I hope he turns it around, but as mentioned, usually these players go to a new club with a fire burning and point to prove. If all else fails, Phillipou can show him what professional looks like and raise Zaine to his level.

Go Aints!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, hujsh, jazzadogs, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Reports are/were him finishing dead last regularly in their time trial running. Not sure he’s telling Ross, ‘sure I finished last again coach, but it’s my non muscular physique that’s the reason’.

I followed him round his last year in the TAC, and rated him highly. Not as high as BMAC who told me they’d use the Higgins compo pick on Cordy if needed and see it as a huge win. But I didn’t understand why he didn’t play more the style he did when I watched him back then. But it is what it is. And if he blows this opportunity with the Aints it will be yet another shame of a premiership player that slowly withered off the vine (Stringer, Biggs, Dahl’s motovation levels, plus Picko, Hunter over time, Clay and Boyd’s injuries, Dunkley wanting out every three seconds and Zaine from the drunken fighting (and lying about it.) with Boyd and the Mad Monday pics show a bloke that might want to re-think his priorities. He had the talent, but just maybe he’s the greyhound that catches the rabbit (premiership in bugger all games). He never really got much better year on year. Maybe he’s happy to have three more years salary like Stringer is after the contract ink is dry. I hope he turns it around, but as mentioned, usually these players go to a new club with a fire burning and point to prove. If all else fails, Phillipou can show him what professional looks like and raise Zaine to his level.

Go Aints!
    I remember that clearly BT.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Aints!
    Lets face it Zaine had one good game (Prelim against GWS) and one great tackle and goal the week after.

That's enough to say to me that he was worth it.

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm moved the posts about the Lions players to the Brisbane Lions thread.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lets face it Zaine had one good game (Prelim against GWS) and one great tackle and goal the week after.

That's enough to say to me that he was worth it.
    For pick 62. Absolutely.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes Testekill, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For pick 62. Absolutely.
    Cordy was a solid selection and I thought he was quite an effective footballer for a period of time. He fell away in the last year or two and who knows if it was more injuries or attitude that really halted his progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Magic McLean not looking too shabby for 57!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Magic McLean not looking too shabby for 57!

A little SSMM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes jeemak, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reigning VAFA champs St Kevin’s sign fresh ex-AFL player Mitch Wallis and brother Josh

VAFA reigning premiers St Kevin’s are set for another successful season after signing former AFL player Mitch Wallis and his talented younger brother Josh.

Mitch, 30, will join SKOB after he was delisted from the Western Bulldogs last year where he played 160 games from 2011 to 2022 and was a fan favourite.

His younger brother Josh, a 26-year-old midfielder and VAFA MVP coaches award winner in 2021, will rejoin the club after a season with Noosa Tigers last year.

SKOB coach Anthony Lynch said he was stoked to have Mitch joining his brother Josh at the club.

“It’s a great acquisition,” Lynch said.

“Obviously Mitch is fairly well known to the group because he went through the school with some of the players in our team and he has watched his brother play for the club over the last few years.

“Getting him over the line was great, he will be fantastic for our young group.”

Lynch said the recruit of Wallis came about after he sent him a message of support after he was delisted by the Bulldogs.

“It was pretty informal to be honest,” he said.

“I have had a relationship with Mitch for probably a decade really, I was following his AFL career, I’m pretty close with the family so I have always had a relationship.

“When he was delisted by the Bulldogs there was a bit of contact there.

“It was mainly about supporting him out of the AFL and checking in with him and it was only in recent weeks he reached out and said he was keen to play footy at St Kevin’s with his mates and with his brother.

“So it was a pretty easy one to be honest, we’re fortunate there wasn’t too much work involved but we are very happy to have him on board.”

Lynch said the fact that Mitch’s brother Josh was playing for the club made it a big attraction for the former Bulldog to come on board.

“There is not doubt,” he said.

“Josh was our best and fairest winner a couple of years ago and then he moved up to Noosa for a year with his partner and they have obviously come back to Melbourne this year so the brothers are very keen to play together.

“It will be pretty special to watch.”

Josh is expected to play in the midfield while Mitch’s role could entail positions outside of the forward line.

20. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to the brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    A little SSMM.
    OK it's been an entire day now and I still don't know what this means.

Anyone....? Mat Lyons can you ask on the next video !

Oh wait.

Stupid Sexy Magic McLean !!

No joke i just got it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    OK it's been an entire day now and I still don't know what this means.

Anyone....? Mat Lyons can you ask on the next video !

Oh wait.

Stupid Sexy Magic McLean !!

No joke i just got it.
    Stable genius
    "It's over. It's all over."