Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

I hope our mids take note of this little insult. Although claiming their midfielders are better and then mentioning Rhys Mathieson is taking the piss surely!

Dunkley: "Once we Cross that White Line, It'll be On"

Josh Dunkley admits he’s put a big circle around Brisbane’s Round 3 fixture against the Western Bulldogs.

The 26-year-old has settled into life as a Lion and spoke to Lions Media about how refreshing the move north has been.

“I’ve loved Queensland ever since I started coming up with my family,” he said.

“My partners family are here, my sister moved up a few years ago and to be able to come up here permanently has been great.”

n one of the most talked about trades of the 2022 off-season, Dunkley said his decision to leave the Western Bulldogs was a bittersweet one.

“Looking back now, it was certainly a tough one.

“The way it transpired in the end was obviously positive but throughout that process it was quite challenging, and I had to lean on my family and friends a bit.

“Dom (Ambrogio) and the team gave me full confidence that the deal would get so all I could do was sit back and enjoy every moment.”

Now having trained with his new side for nearly three months, Dunkley said he’s enjoying playing alongside a star-studded midfield.

“It’s tough on the track when its 35 degrees and humid from rain the night before, but I think early days it was hard to adjust, the balls slippery but now I feel like I’m used to it,” he said.

“The boys are training really well, everyone’s looking really fit and we’ve been running a lot, which is a different for me. It’s been great to change the stimulus of training and it’s been really refreshing for the mind and the body.

“To come from a place that has really good midfielders, to come into the Club which has even better midfielders is amazing.

“You’ve got a Brownlow winner in Lachie, Hugh McCluggage and you look at how good he’s been in the last few years, plus blokes like Dev Robertson and Matho, we take each other honest at training and drive high standards.

“It’s a huge dynamic with a lot of faces going through the middle which is exciting.”

With pre-season well underway, Dunkley admitted it was hard not to look forward to Round 3, where the Lions will take on the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium.

“I was always looking to see when we were playing the Dogs,” the 26-year-old said.

“I think it’s going to be good to get it out of the way, but we only play them once so the build-up will be pretty big I reckon.

“Hopefully the crowd’s not too harsh on me but there’ll probably be a bit of niggle, Libba might throw in a few elbows but it’s all good fun, they’ve been good to me throughout the journey.

“But I have no doubt once that siren goes and we cross that white line, it’ll be on.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I hope our mids take note of this little insult. Although claiming their midfielders are better and then mentioning Rhys Mathieson is taking the piss surely!

Josh Dunkley admits he’s put a big circle around Brisbane’s Round 3 fixture against the Western Bulldogs.

The 26-year-old has settled into life as a Lion and spoke to Lions Media about how refreshing the move north has been.

“My partners family are here, my sister moved up a few years ago and to be able to come up here permanently has been great.”

n one of the most talked about trades of the 2022 off-season, Dunkley said his decision to leave the Western Bulldogs was a bittersweet one.

“The way it transpired in the end was obviously positive but throughout that process it was quite challenging, and I had to lean on my family and friends a bit.

“Dom (Ambrogio) and the team gave me full confidence that the deal would get so all I could do was sit back and enjoy every moment.”

Now having trained with his new side for nearly three months, Dunkley said he’s enjoying playing alongside a star-studded midfield.

“It’s tough on the track when its 35 degrees and humid from rain the night before, but I think early days it was hard to adjust, the balls slippery but now I feel like I’m used to it,” he said.

“The boys are training really well, everyone’s looking really fit and we’ve been running a lot, which is a different for me. It’s been great to change the stimulus of training and it’s been really refreshing for the mind and the body.

“To come from a place that has really good midfielders, to come into the Club which has even better midfielders is amazing.

“You’ve got a Brownlow winner in Lachie, Hugh McCluggage and you look at how good he’s been in the last few years, plus blokes like Dev Robertson and Matho, we take each other honest at training and drive high standards.

“It’s a huge dynamic with a lot of faces going through the middle which is exciting.”

With pre-season well underway, Dunkley admitted it was hard not to look forward to Round 3, where the Lions will take on the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium.

“I was always looking to see when we were playing the Dogs,” the 26-year-old said.

“I think it’s going to be good to get it out of the way, but we only play them once so the build-up will be pretty big I reckon.

“Hopefully the crowd’s not too harsh on me but there’ll probably be a bit of niggle, Libba might throw in a few elbows but it’s all good fun, they’ve been good to me throughout the journey.

“But I have no doubt once that siren goes and we cross that white line, it’ll be on.”
    If you watch the video he also mentioned they do much more running at Brisbane than what he was doing with us.

Post Thanks / Like

He has hitched his wagon to Lachie Neale. Vomitus eruptus.

He might be in for a rude surprise.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Melbourne player praising Hunters pre-season and footy smarts today. Reckon something obviously had to give but this one has some potential to make us look a little stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes him all of 50 seconds to mention his partner's family living in Brisbane and his sister's relocation to Brisbane, which isn't weird at all given his family lives in regional Victoria and his partner lives somewhere else.

Just who were you actually wanting to get away from Dunks? Was it really the Bulldogs?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    If you watch the video he also mentioned they do much more running at Brisbane than what he was doing with us.
    That was weird - said "We didn't really run a lot at the dogs"

Erm - well the track watchers beg to differ Joshua.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That was weird - said "We didn't really run a lot at the dogs"

Erm - well the track watchers beg to differ Joshua.
    They would be using GPS data etc and it may just be that we do more running in drills than pure running. May not have meant anything negative by it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    They would be using GPS data etc and it may just be that we do more running in drills than pure running. May not have meant anything negative by it.
    Possibly. The tone of the interview felt as though he was enjoying sticking the boots in a bit.

You may well be right though.

Post Thanks / Like

What did we expect him to do, say he regrets moving and the Lions suck? Bring on round 3, but not paying any mins to what Josh has to say. Boring. Next.

12. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    What did we expect him to do, say he regrets moving and the Lions suck? Bring on round 3, but not paying any mins to what Josh has to say. Boring. Next.
    I'm ok with the positive talk of his new club, not sure he needed to be comparing without prompting but whatever floats his boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he gets a Griffen welcome in round 3
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes jeemak, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hopefully he gets a Griffen welcome in round 3
    Yep, premiership player who wanted more definitely falls into Griffen territory.

I have no problem with him talking up his own team, he needs to justify his move one way or another even if it does mean shitting on his best mate Adz and his previous best mate Bont.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yep, premiership player who wanted more definitely falls into Griffen territory.

I have no problem with him talking up his own team, he needs to justify his move one way or another even if it does mean shitting on his best mate Adz and his previous best mate Bont.
    Grain of salt required.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

It's quite easy to talk up your new team without potting your old team at all. It's either deliberate or he's not too bright. If I was Dunks I wouldn't want to be giving my old team extra motivation.

Post Thanks / Like

It's quite easy to talk up your new team without potting your old team at all. It's either deliberate or he's not too bright. If I was Dunks I wouldn't want to be giving my old team extra motivation.
    I don't think he is too intelligent. It was a stupid thing to say.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes josie liked this post