Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

I wasn't aware Kyle Dunkley was joining the Lions. This is hilarious and more than a little cringe.

2. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I wasn't aware Kyle Dunkley was joining the Lions. This is hilarious and more than a little cringe.
    That's why Josh wanted to move to Brisbane, his brother is there

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes 1eyedog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s only the VFL team though yeah?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It’s only the VFL team though yeah?
    Yeah it is but, you know, it's crazy. When Josh was trying to get to the Bombers they were going to pick Kyle up as part of the deal as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's honestly a little sad, Kyle is just following his big bro around or being used as a carrot for someone to get Josh. Personally if I was a professional sportsman who rated myself, I'd be a little embarassed by that perception.

Post Thanks / Like

Now the Junkley kids are all in the same city they can revive their web page and special appearances offer!

I can just imagine the confusion as they rock up to an early teenage birthday party in Logan trying to rev up the attendees with their celebrity!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can just imagine the confusion as they rock up to an early teenage birthday party in Logan trying to rev up the attendees with their celebrity!
    They might even do the catering with Josh's tasteless and forgettable fajitas.

Actually they could start a whole new online trend - Only Blands
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Lachie Hunter the other day. I wonder how he will go this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Mate - WTF is going on with that plate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Hahahaha......there's a joke in there about the adults only content and a particular position but I'll leave it alone........

15. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Mate - WTF is going on with that plate?
    It's how you murder Australian Beef. Twice.

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why brad scott, teammates and essendon fans should be furious with jake stringer

Upon taking over from Ben Rutten as Essendon coach Brad Scott said the club's future success would boil down to hard work, discipline and unity.

His first public appearance in red and black took place at the Bombers’ best and fairest in September of last year; he had this blunt message for the players.

“I talked about the opportunity that we’ve got and that we don’t have any time to waste. The condition that the players come back in on day one of pre-season will tell a story in it of itself,” Scott said.

Jake Stringer didn't heed the warning; we shouldn't be surprised, he never does.

I was taken aback when photos emerged of Stringer presenting for day one of pre-season.

By an elite athlete's standards, he was overweight. Again.
    And now he's injured, and his pre-season has been interrupted. Again.

In 10 seasons, Stringer has played 20 or more games three times, and he will fail to reach that mark again this year.

As his Essendon teammates completed match-simulation at training today, Stringer watched on.

In a 2021 interview with Fox Footy, Stringer admitted he was out of shape during the previous season.

“I've leaned down a bit, about seven kilos, I must've been carrying a few last year, but it's all part of the development and growing.”

Stringer was 26 back then; he's now 28, and the time for development and growth is long gone.

Staggeringly, he revealed this on a podcast in 2022, in which he proudly described his more disciplined off-season, which led to a career-best 2021 season.

“Pound the pavement and teach yourself how to run long distance and learn how to be able to do that,” he said.

“Because before that I probably hadn’t run over 2km straight in probably eight years.

“Like, you go for a run and you do 1km warm up and then we would do like 200m, 300m, 400m, we’re not going to do a 5km jog – well I wasn’t.”

Motivated by being out of contract, Stringer got fit that year and produced an outstanding season; the Bombers rewarded him with a multi-year contract extension.

Now he's back to square one, overweight, injured and watching on.

This week South African cricketer Dane Van Niekerk was controversially omitted from the T20 World Cup for failing to reach a 2km time trial target.

Essendon needs to follow suit.

Until Stringer achieves strict fitness and body measurement goals, Scott should not consider picking him in the senior team.

In Scott's words, Essendon requires hard work, discipline and unity to achieve long overdue success- unfortunately, his most talented player has shown none of the three.

Jake Stringer is destined to be another talented player than never reached their potential. He only has himself to blame.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Korn Canes can actually hit the mark sometimes. He should stick to this type of thing, you know, evidence based opinion rather than bullshit speculations.

Sure it'd result in less of his mug being out there, but that's probably just as good for him as it is for everyone else.

21. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened to that today. While a lot of people don't like Kane he often makes some very valid points.
    Stringer has underachieved on his talent over a period of time and it should be called out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"