Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Joel Hamling to play his first AFL game this weekend since round 2 2022, which was his first game since round 1 2021, which was his first game since round 23 2019. Poor bloke has had a shocking run the past few seasons.
    One of the most consistent players ever :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Lewy Young dropped again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Crazy Bevo at it again!!!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joel Hamling to play his first AFL game this weekend since round 2 2022, which was his first game since round 1 2021, which was his first game since round 23 2019. Poor bloke has had a shocking run the past few seasons.
    I?d have said he was retired if put on the spot. Hope he gets his body right.

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Crazy Bevo at it again!!!
    I know. Plays him back, drops him. Brings him back to ruck, then drops him again!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I?d have said he was retired if put on the spot. Hope he gets his body right.
    I actually thought he was retired.

One of my favs from that finals series. He came out of nowhere and was a key to our team. Never been the same since.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know. Plays him back, drops him. Brings him back to ruck, then drops him again!
    At least his consistently , played in inconsistent positions .

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young one of those players you know has something but you just can’t pin point why it doesn’t work.
    So much potential, but it just doesn’t come to the fore. Even when he was thrust into different positions you got the same result.
    Not a bad footballer , not a great footballer but why he never made the average 100-150 game player is a wonder with what he seemed to show at times.
    I loved what I saw him do when he was just starting.
    Bring back the biff

13. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I actually thought he was retired.

One of my favs from that finals series. He came out of nowhere and was a key to our team. Never been the same since.
    He played 3 pretty good seasons at Freo after leaving and barely missed a game. Since the end of 2019 he's played 2 games.

Post Thanks / Like

He played 3 pretty good seasons at Freo after leaving and barely missed a game. Since the end of 2019 he's played 2 games.
    Oh dear. My memory is like a goldfish. I'm lucky to remember what happened 3 days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Jose Romero selling a local apartment hotel for $15,000,000. Seems to be doing ok after footy.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...b4c605d5b6153f

Post Thanks / Like

Jos? was a terrific player for us. Highly competitive, courageous and committed to the cause.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Although I would not have wanted him to have a good game, geez Stringer disappoints. I was so excited when he first started his career with us I thought he could be anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    Although I would not have wanted him to have a good game, geez Stringer disappoints. I was so excited when he first started his career with us I thought he could be anything.
    When he plays well for a month next year, I wonder if they offer another generous contract? Surely they’re now wise to this.

I will always remember a function in Bendigo where the main speaker was coach BMAC and Jake was there. BMAC saying on just talent, he was THE MOST talented players he’d ever coached ever (that includes GAJ, Stevie J etc). Then he said looking at Jake but that’s not the issues is it, what do we always talk about. Jake told the room “work rate”. BMAC confirmed that.

The next year he was AA.

But clearly Bevo and a very long line of Essendon coaches haven’t been able to stop him from being lazy. It doesn’t look like he trains the hardest and he doesn’t work hard enough in games. It feels like he almost doesn’t care about the fact that high work rate made his career early. I think he goes down in history as barely even mentioned or remembered, and if there’s anything it’s what a god damn waste of talent he is and one of (weirdly) highly disappointing 200 game players ever. A cautionary tale to young guns with ego everywhere. Ego is not a dirty word, but you have to back it up with deeds.

Unfortunately for him, when he does play well next year going for another contract I think Essendon will be on to him (along with 17 other clubs) and best case Essendon keep him on short and cheap deals until he retires.

Just a waste and shame all round.

Post Thanks / Like

He is being savaged by the delightful Bombres fans. For being overweight and being a KMart DeGoey.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

21. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh liked this post