Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

?Pathetic?: AFL legend Jason Akermanis roasted for faking injury to quit reality show

AFL legend Jason Akermanis has been slammed by viewers for appearing to fake an injury in order to quit SAS Australia.

The new season of the reality TV show began on Monday night, with the contestants tasked with completing gruelling tasks and challenges in military style conditions.

Akermanis was one of several Australian sporting identities appearing as contestants, along with Matthew Mitcham, Stephanie Rice, Boyd Cordner, Peter Bol, Anthony Mundine and Abbie Holmes.

Akermanis, who won three premierships with the Brisbane Lions, completed an exercise involving running onto a train to retrieve a military case before jumping off the train.

The 46-year-old was unable to find the case and later complained about having a sore foot.

In a seriously painful exchange, Akermanis tried to convince the SAS doctor to medically discharge him despite the doctor seeing nothing wrong with his foot.

Akermanis: It?s very sore, it?s not good.

Doctor: Doesn?t really look swollen, does it?

Akermanis: Nah but it?s painful. I don?t know if I?ve cracked a bone in there. I did some running and f*** me, I was in so much pain.

Doctor: What were you doing? What happened?

Akermanis: What were we doing? We went up a sandhill, came down, maybe when we went to a rock and back.

Doctor: I?m just trying to get my head around what we?re dealing with. I get that you?re in a bunch of pain but there?s not a history of a fracture there. It?s certainly not to my eye any more swollen than the other.

I don?t think you?ve broken a bone. It?s not like you?ve twisted it or rolled it or come off an obstacle funny.

Akermanis: I?m telling you, there?s nothing we can do if it?s going to be that painful. So either I get a discharge or I just have to say I physically can?t do it.

Doctor: But I?m not seeing anything here that would lead me to think I need to medically take you off the course to be honest.

Akermanis: Not bad enough, is that what you?re saying.

Doctor: Well I can?t see anything. Do you see anything?

Akermanis: Well there?s swelling here.

Doctor: Where?

Akermanis: I reckon these two toes are swollen a bit. What do I do?

Doctor: Put your boots back on. You won?t even try some basic pain relief and see how it goes? You?re getting well ahead of yourself.

Akermanis: Honestly, nah.

Without being medically discharged, Akermanis decided to voluntarily withdraw from the course ? making him the first contestant to pull out of SAS, in the first episode no less.

?I didn?t leave injured. I?m a bit sore but not that injured,? Akermanis is heard saying.

?I don?t need to come on a course like this to prove anything to anyone else.?

Viewers couldn?t believe Akermanis faked an injury to leave the competition so early.

One viewer wrote on X: ?Jason Akermanis saying he has nothing to prove then left because his toes hurt. I am embarrassed for him lol.?

A second wrote: ?Jason Akermanis.. You are an absolute whinging potato.?

?Oh Akermanis is tanking so hard right now,? said another.

?Akermanis took the money and run errrr limped,? criticised one viewer.

While another asked: ?Surely Akermanis doesn't get paid for that pathetic effort??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    ?Pathetic?: AFL legend Jason Akermanis roasted for faking injury to quit reality show

AFL legend Jason Akermanis has been slammed by viewers for appearing to fake an injury in order to quit SAS Australia.

The new season of the reality TV show began on Monday night, with the contestants tasked with completing gruelling tasks and challenges in military style conditions.

Akermanis was one of several Australian sporting identities appearing as contestants, along with Matthew Mitcham, Stephanie Rice, Boyd Cordner, Peter Bol, Anthony Mundine and Abbie Holmes.

Akermanis, who won three premierships with the Brisbane Lions, completed an exercise involving running onto a train to retrieve a military case before jumping off the train.

The 46-year-old was unable to find the case and later complained about having a sore foot.

In a seriously painful exchange, Akermanis tried to convince the SAS doctor to medically discharge him despite the doctor seeing nothing wrong with his foot.

Akermanis: It?s very sore, it?s not good.

Doctor: Doesn?t really look swollen, does it?

Akermanis: Nah but it?s painful. I don?t know if I?ve cracked a bone in there. I did some running and f*** me, I was in so much pain.

Doctor: What were you doing? What happened?

Akermanis: What were we doing? We went up a sandhill, came down, maybe when we went to a rock and back.

Doctor: I?m just trying to get my head around what we?re dealing with. I get that you?re in a bunch of pain but there?s not a history of a fracture there. It?s certainly not to my eye any more swollen than the other.

I don?t think you?ve broken a bone. It?s not like you?ve twisted it or rolled it or come off an obstacle funny.

Akermanis: I?m telling you, there?s nothing we can do if it?s going to be that painful. So either I get a discharge or I just have to say I physically can?t do it.

Doctor: But I?m not seeing anything here that would lead me to think I need to medically take you off the course to be honest.

Akermanis: Not bad enough, is that what you?re saying.

Doctor: Well I can?t see anything. Do you see anything?

Akermanis: Well there?s swelling here.

Doctor: Where?

Akermanis: I reckon these two toes are swollen a bit. What do I do?

Doctor: Put your boots back on. You won?t even try some basic pain relief and see how it goes? You?re getting well ahead of yourself.

Akermanis: Honestly, nah.

Without being medically discharged, Akermanis decided to voluntarily withdraw from the course ? making him the first contestant to pull out of SAS, in the first episode no less.

?I didn?t leave injured. I?m a bit sore but not that injured,? Akermanis is heard saying.

?I don?t need to come on a course like this to prove anything to anyone else.?

Viewers couldn?t believe Akermanis faked an injury to leave the competition so early.

One viewer wrote on X: ?Jason Akermanis saying he has nothing to prove then left because his toes hurt. I am embarrassed for him lol.?

A second wrote: ?Jason Akermanis.. You are an absolute whinging potato.?

?Oh Akermanis is tanking so hard right now,? said another.

?Akermanis took the money and run errrr limped,? criticised one viewer.

While another asked: ?Surely Akermanis doesn't get paid for that pathetic effort??
    He is known for doing strange things , I think we all have read or heard stories about his golfing career etc
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Melton South has made its first big recruiting move.

The Panthers have secured former Sydney and Western Bulldogs midfielder Patrick Veszpremi for the 2024 Ballarat league season.

Veszpremi last played for Central Murray outfit Woorinen in 2022, helping the Tigers reach a preliminary final.

After 23 AFL games, the 2007 No.11 draft pick played with Pascoe Vale, Essendon Doutta Stars and Keilor in the EDFL.

In 2021, he was suspended for nine matches following a clash against Strathmore.

The Panthers were winless this season and have won three of the past four wooden spoons in the Ballarat league.

4. Likes GVGjr, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Panthers have secured former Sydney and Western Bulldogs midfielder Patrick Veszpremi for the 2024 Ballarat league season.

Veszpremi last played for Central Murray outfit Woorinen in 2022, helping the Tigers reach a preliminary final.

After 23 AFL games, the 2007 No.11 draft pick played with Pascoe Vale, Essendon Doutta Stars and Keilor in the EDFL.

In 2021, he was suspended for nine matches following a clash against Strathmore.

The Panthers were winless this season and have won three of the past four wooden spoons in the Ballarat league.
    For being too good I heard.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's an impressively bad record

Post Thanks / Like

Is he coaching or playing or both ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Sad too as they are a former power house club.

Apparently got some cash now so might be a different story.

I blame Fev. After he coached there it went to hell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    They had Fev coach them a couple of years ago . Problem is they don’t bring up their own and pay big dollars for one or two old players . This year they decided to do nothing at all, accepted they are shite and save it to make a decent go of it next year.
    I am not sure this is a good choice though
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Pathway back! Watch him for the mid season draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like we need a WOOF get together at Melton South in 2024.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

13. Likes hujsh, Topdog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I’m a Melton bloods man so it would have to be the rivalry game .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’m a Melton bloods man so it would have to be the rivalry game .
    I'd be up for a meetup

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Is Pie Man going to organise Vez scarves.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

18. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Bond is the next assistant coach candidate.