Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

He does stuff with one of Sedat's favourites in RoCo.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Jongy still injured

EFNL 2023: Lin Jong recommits to Mulgrave

FORMER Western Bulldog Lin Jong will return for Mulgrave next season following an injury-plagued homecoming this year, while the Lions have also welcomed back a gun spearhead.

A neck injury restricted Jong to just seven matches in the Eastern league?s Division 2 on return to his junior club in 2023.

But the two-time VFL premiership star has recently re-signed, and is set to again feature alongside ex-Bulldogs teammate Fletcher Roberts, who?ll also serve as an assistant.

Mulgrave senior coach Matt Richards said while there was ?no pressure? on Jong, the 2016 Norm Goss medallist was fit and firing despite a torrid run with injury in the past.

?We just had to get the all-clear with his injuries, in particular with the neck injury from last season,? Richards said.

?He was more than happy to keep going around with his mates.

?I didn?t put any pressure on him ? he?s had a hard time with injuries, and I just wanted to make sure he was OK with his neck.

?We were always hopeful that he?d want to play ? he came and approached me and said: ?Let?s have a chat?.

?There?s no pressure on him for when he comes back to training ? and he?s fit anyway? he?s one of the boys and everyone enjoys his company, and I?ve got a really good relationship with him.?

3. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Poor Jongy still injured

EFNL 2023: Lin Jong recommits to Mulgrave

FORMER Western Bulldog Lin Jong will return for Mulgrave next season following an injury-plagued homecoming this year, while the Lions have also welcomed back a gun spearhead.

A neck injury restricted Jong to just seven matches in the Eastern league?s Division 2 on return to his junior club in 2023.

But the two-time VFL premiership star has recently re-signed, and is set to again feature alongside ex-Bulldogs teammate Fletcher Roberts, who?ll also serve as an assistant.

Mulgrave senior coach Matt Richards said while there was ?no pressure? on Jong, the 2016 Norm Goss medallist was fit and firing despite a torrid run with injury in the past.

?We just had to get the all-clear with his injuries, in particular with the neck injury from last season,? Richards said.

?He was more than happy to keep going around with his mates.

?I didn?t put any pressure on him ? he?s had a hard time with injuries, and I just wanted to make sure he was OK with his neck.

?We were always hopeful that he?d want to play ? he came and approached me and said: ?Let?s have a chat?.

?There?s no pressure on him for when he comes back to training ? and he?s fit anyway? he?s one of the boys and everyone enjoys his company, and I?ve got a really good relationship with him.?
    How many injuries can one player have
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jongy is his own worst enemy one wonders what he could have become if the body let him.
    To brave for his own good.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Likes josie, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My mate coaches Mulgrave. He reckons Jong is huge, way bigger than he seems.

Mind you, Richo is a midget so everyone is huge to him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes bornadog, W W Biscuit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aker to feature on A Current Affair tomorrow night with some dodgy real estate dealings.

10. Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aker to feature on A Current Affair tomorrow night with some dodgy real estate dealings.
    To go with his golfing prowess.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I am Jack's lack of surprise.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes jeemak, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Robbie McComb has signed with Port Melbourne in the VFL.

BOROUGH ADD MCCOMB FOR 2024
    The Borough have added some firepower to it’s midfield brigade, with the addition of 27 year old Robbie McComb from the Western Bulldogs for the 2024 season.

Robbie is no stranger to the VFL environment after spending four season in Footscray’s VFL Program, winning their Best and Fairest Award and being rewarded with selection as a midfielder in the VFL Team of The Year in 2021.

Following a career best season, Robbie was selected by the Western Bulldogs with pick 21 in the 2021 AFL Rookie Draft, Debuting at AFL level in Round 6 of 2022 against the Adelaide Crows and playing 18 games at AFL level before being delisted at the end of 2023.

We look forward to welcoming Robbie to the Borough

https://www.portmelbournefc.com.au/b...comb-for-2024/
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fergus Greene signs on for Sandhurst for next season in Bendigo league

Fergus Greene is returning to where it all started.

In a major coup to the Bendigo league the recently delisted Hawthorn player has opted to play for his junior club, Sandhurst, next year.

Greene played 11 games for the Hawks this season, kicking 15 goals, to add to his five games he played for the Western Bulldogs from 2018 to 2020.

He had been expected to return the VFL but Greene instead made a decision to return to the club made famous by his mum and dad.

?He had offers from all over the country and by no means are we top of those,? Sandhurst president Mark O?Farrell said.

?He just wanted to commit to come back and play in front of his family for one year.?

O?Farrell revealed Greene has only signed for one year to leave the door open to pursue other opportunities down the track.

?We?d love him to stay for a while, but he?s committed for a year because he?s keen to get involved in some development roles down the track,? he said.

Greene comes to the competition at the same time as other leading forwards have left with Joel Brett (Golden Square) and Lachlan Sharp (Strathfieldsaye) moving to different leagues.

Brett and Sharp had combined for the past four goalkicking medals in the league.

?We?ve only got to look at his games this year for Hawthorn, he?s been able to match it with a lot of the backman down there,? O?Farrell said.

?While he?ll get similar contests up here they are probably not going to be as big to play on.

?It gives him a great opportunity to capitalise on his goalkicking and he?s a good kick.

?If he?s a gets enough opportunity he?ll be a good show (to win).?

17. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read that Matthew Inness has cracked the whip at West Coast

As young gun Reuben Ginbey revealed after the Eagles’ first to fourth-year players returned to training on Monday, Inness is already making moves.

“Matty Inness, our new strength and conditioning coach, has come in with a lot of new great ideas,”

“We scrapped two-kilometre and brought out this new long-distance two-kilometre (maximal aerobic speed test) which is a bit of a change, I was a bit flat because I was looking forward to doing the two-kilometre.

I remember watching the MAS test at Skinner reserve last year and it was a grueling test for our players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I read that Matthew Inness has cracked the whip at West Coast

As young gun Reuben Ginbey revealed after the Eagles’ first to fourth-year players returned to training on Monday, Inness is already making moves.

“Matty Inness, our new strength and conditioning coach, has come in with a lot of new great ideas,”

“We scrapped two-kilometre and brought out this new long-distance two-kilometre (maximal aerobic speed test) which is a bit of a change, I was a bit flat because I was looking forward to doing the two-kilometre.

I remember watching the MAS test at Skinner reserve last year and it was a grueling test for our players.
    It's called a MAS test because it's intended to make a person go NO MAS.

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fergus Greene signs on for Sandhurst for next season in Bendigo league

Fergus Greene is returning to where it all started.

In a major coup to the Bendigo league the recently delisted Hawthorn player has opted to play for his junior club, Sandhurst, next year.

Greene played 11 games for the Hawks this season, kicking 15 goals, to add to his five games he played for the Western Bulldogs from 2018 to 2020.

He had been expected to return the VFL but Greene instead made a decision to return to the club made famous by his mum and dad.

?He had offers from all over the country and by no means are we top of those,? Sandhurst president Mark O?Farrell said.

?He just wanted to commit to come back and play in front of his family for one year.?

O?Farrell revealed Greene has only signed for one year to leave the door open to pursue other opportunities down the track.

?We?d love him to stay for a while, but he?s committed for a year because he?s keen to get involved in some development roles down the track,? he said.

Greene comes to the competition at the same time as other leading forwards have left with Joel Brett (Golden Square) and Lachlan Sharp (Strathfieldsaye) moving to different leagues.

Brett and Sharp had combined for the past four goalkicking medals in the league.

?We?ve only got to look at his games this year for Hawthorn, he?s been able to match it with a lot of the backman down there,? O?Farrell said.

?While he?ll get similar contests up here they are probably not going to be as big to play on.

?It gives him a great opportunity to capitalise on his goalkicking and he?s a good kick.

?If he?s a gets enough opportunity he?ll be a good show (to win).?
    Sandhurst? Booo!

He should have joined Golden Square.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt Inness can change distance he's that good.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

23. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL National Draft 2023: Where are the top 20 of the 1993 draft now, 30 years on?

Pick 8 Michael Frost
    St Kilda
    Drafted direct from the Footscray list. Became a Liston Medallist at Werribee. Has been the Executive Director and CEO of Australasian Solvents and Chemicals company on the Gold Coast since 2018. In September, won a bronze medal with his wife Vicki at the World Pickleball Championships in Bali.

25. Thanks The Doctor thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post