Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Oh right sorry. I've been driving cars into a wall. The pay's great but it's doing my comprehension skills no good at all
    Ha ha ha.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Oh right sorry. I've been driving cars into a wall. The pay's great but it's doing my comprehension skills no good at all
    It?s called training to be a politician.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It?s called training to be a politician.
    Politicians get other people to do things like that for them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No one actually begrudges Ward for leaving right? I could’ve gotten offered $1m a year to professionally drive cars into walls without a seatbelt at 21 and I would’ve done it.
    Not at all. The afl printed money and inflated things, but only one club got its hands on it.

Post Thanks / Like

My belief is the bulldogs wanted to wait until later in the year to sign him and he was willing to sign earlier . GWS went whack with a bag full in that time , if we didn?t hang out we would have kept him.
    We stuffed up.
    We did significantly low ball him with the initial offer and we were given plenty of time to revise that before GWS came in and went bang with an offer too good to refuse.
    Had our revised offer been made to start with it or even something better than the original offer it would have been gratefully accepted.
    There was a bit of internal unrest at the club at the time and we could have managed it better.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't begrudge him at all for taking the coin at the time, but also suck shit for being on the wrong end of an unco Zaine Cordy marking attempt and missing out on his best chance at being a premiership player (and most likely captain).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Thanks chef, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocket Eade has gone back to the hawks part time in a non football role .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket Eade has gone back to the hawks part time in a non football role .
    I would like to think he will be going around giving the admin staff Will Minson like bakes if their performance isn't up to scratch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I would like to think he will be going around giving the admin staff Will Minson like bakes if their performance isn't up to scratch.
    His wife and him had a successful business. I believe it’s to do with the training centre and raising money .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What was the context with this? Has he retired?
    Just a fluff piece for the upcoming season and the 1 thing that Ward wants. Article was paywalled so I skipped it.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/th...9b7a286978b3b7

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Needs to get his skinfolds down.
    Not sure he's KPD height though?

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MPFNL 2024: Jarrad Grant takes over as Frankston Bombers senior coach

An ex-AFL Bulldog and Sun has answered an SOS from his MPFNL club to coach, a week after a shock resignation.

With a burst of excitement, Frankston Bombers have locked in Jarrad Grant as their senior coach for the 2024 season.

The former Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast Suns forward has stepped up to the position less than a week after the Bombers were left without a coach when John Brown resigned.

“When one door closes, another always opens,” the Bombers said.

“As a club, we wanted to look from within our current group and community, and with Jarrad showing interest in coaching over the past few months it was a good opportunity for him to step up and lead the senior group.

“We are super excited for season 2024 and to see this new side of JG.”

Grant, 34, admitted the coaching opportunity came sooner than he expected but he’s looking forward to the challenge.

“I mean last week we had a senior coach so it’s all happened fairly quick,’’ he said.

“You can’t really take your time too much at this point of the year, but all good.’’

He added: “Coaching is something I have been interested in doing, (but) probably my philosophy more so was that I wanted to wait until I finished playing.

“So it’s going to be definitely a challenge in that I’ll be playing and coaching at the same time.

“I’m going to have to now find the balance of being worried about my own performance versus putting the team first and portraying a good message to the boys and making sure we’re doing the right things as a team, not just myself.

“That’s probably going to be the challenge for me in terms of playing.’’

Grant played in a Frankston Bombers senior premiership as a 17-year-old in 2007, months before he was was selected by the Western Bulldogs with their first selection (No. 5 overall).

He went on to play 95 AFL games with both the Bulldogs and the Gold Coast Suns — showing mercurial ability at times — before being delisted by the Suns in 2017.

For the past six seasons Grant has played for the Frankston Bombers, often lighting up local grounds with his brilliance.

“The positive is that I’ve obviously been at the footy club a fair while now and played with the majority of the guys so the relationship side of things is already there,’’ he said.

Grant said he may “tinker’’ with certain aspects of the Frankston Bombers game plan but generally the side would go into 2024 with a similar strategy.

The Bombers made the finals last season.

Grant is philosophical about his new challenge.

“It’s exciting and a little bit daunting but it’s like taking anything new like changing jobs or whatever you’re always going to feel that way and I think that’s actually a good thing as well,’’ he said.

“I’m also going to have plenty of support…it’s not just a job I’m going to be doing on my own.’’

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jarrad Grant being the best player in the AFL for 4 weeks in 2013 is probably the most fun I’ve ever had supporting the club.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Jarrad Grant being the best player in the AFL for 4 weeks in 2013 is probably the most fun I’ve ever had supporting the club.
    He would have kicked the winner against Adelaide in the 2015 EF if Crameri and Hunter didn't cock-up that simple handball over the top - he was waltzing into the goal square unopposed as the next link in the chain.

And if that happened the internet would have melted down and never recovered.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

21. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hands up for those who saw J.Grant heading down a coaching path?
    More of an In Bruges guy?