Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 33 of 289 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't think we ever had a season without a significant Higgins injury during his time here. Last season he did well to hold together. Hope he recovers without any issues! I've never had an problem with Higgins while he was here or after he left, the only thing I hate is he plays for Norf.
    Exactly right. He felt Macca wasn't his type of coach and didn't like footy, so made a move and talked about his like for the club generally. We picked up pick 27 used on Lukas Webb and I think based on his VFL season and career trajectory this will be a win-win for both clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't think we ever had a season without a significant Higgins injury during his time here. Last season he did well to hold together. Hope he recovers without any issues! I've never had an problem with Higgins while he was here or after he left, the only thing I hate is he plays for Norf.
    I had a big problem with Higgins and was glad he left.

That being said, while I still don't care for him I don't begrudge the decision he made. He looks fitter and happier playing for them so good on him. It's a shame to see him injured again and I hope he recovers quickly.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with Higgins leaving and win/win trades, but won't shed a tear either at him being out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't have a problem with Higgins leaving and win/win trades, but won't shed a tear either at him being out.

I feel as much for him as I would for any other North Melbourne player. Hopefully they will get a few more senior players who develop niggles and injuries that sees them miss games and we can have a good look at their depth players.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Exactly right. He felt Macca wasn't his type of coach and didn't like footy, so made a move and talked about his like for the club generally. We picked up pick 27 used on Lukas Webb and I think based on his VFL season and career trajectory this will be a win-win for both clubs.
    When can we expect to see Lukas Webb in the seniors do you think tragic?
    Higgins benefits from a pretty strong forward line at North.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I had a big problem with Higgins and was glad he left.

That being said, while I still don't care for him I don't begrudge the decision he made. He looks fitter and happier playing for them so good on him. It's a shame to see him injured again and I hope he recovers quickly.
    Well I disagree so I'm going to stand here and point my finger and shout at you so you know what you should be doing (that I definitely shouldn't do)

9. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Well I disagree so I'm going to stand here and point my finger and shout at you so you know what you should be doing (that I definitely shouldn't do)
    but will you chase and tackle him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    but will you chase and tackle him.
    God no! But once you do that I will have the ball when we're attacking again, thank you very much

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't stand Higgins when he was at the club, now seeing him play at Norf I often forget that he once played for us. He was the ultimate play on his own terms type of player, to make things worse he was considered a leader with us. That's not such a problem at Norf as most of their players are in their mid 40's, so he doesn't need to be a leader, he can just be a cream on the cake downhill skiier type.

What will be interesting in the next year or two when all their old players start going is whether Higgins will be required to be a leader. If so his shortcomings will come to the fore again. He'll be a clone of Goddard, demand things from team mates he'd never do himself, while padding his own bed at the cost of others. He's their problem and I'm happy about that.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

14. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh! Mid 40s. Nice one 'Stache.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I had a moment of righteous indignation but then I clocked on. Well played.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    When can we expect to see Lukas Webb in the seniors do you think tragic?
    Higgins benefits from a pretty strong forward line at North.
    I'm not sure on Webb's season debut. There's a clear new role he's being drilled in, and excelling in it. My guess is another one of Bevo's multidimensional players who rotate in the midfield and perhaps in his case high half back. As for Higgo, he's the cream as you say. When Petrie & Waite are gone and if they rely on him more, I think he and North might not be so great. But he's got his obligatory long annual injury. More than anything, I'm happy to not read how amazing his preseason is and the big the expectations are for the season...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He had some flaws in his game with us, just as he does now, and just like every player does. I thought he was marked extremely harshly by our supporters, often unfairly.

He'd be handy in our side now too, as we need some polish.

But he's gone now so it's fairly well irrelevant. I don't like that he plays for Norf, though think he'll be missed and we'll get to see some of their depth as TD mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw he was out injured, I did a Grumpy Cat face and thought "good." I have no love for Higgins, he was a disgrace of a player. We did the right thing by him and when it was time to cough up, he walked away. In between he accepted ridiculous, unwarranted praise and hype about his leadership and skill all the while pointing and crying to his comrades saying "do as I say, not as I do."

Absolutely tainted the jumper.

21. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    When I saw he was out injured, I did a Grumpy Cat face and thought "good." I have no love for Higgins, he was a disgrace of a player. We did the right thing by him and when it was time to cough up, he walked away. In between he accepted ridiculous, unwarranted praise and hype about his leadership and skill all the while pointing and crying to his comrades saying "do as I say, not as I do."

Absolutely tainted the jumper.
    Thank you, you saved me typing the exact things.
    Well said