Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 44 of 289 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Hi Ralphy! Carlton’s entire 2014 national draft class is on the verge of wipe-out, by Jon Ralph - online 10 minutes ago (behind a pay wall)
    Hi Jonny!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Did he at least acknowledge that he lifted it from here. Should put a link in the comments section of the H/S site and see if it even makes it online
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did he at least acknowledge that he lifted it from here. Should put a link in the comments section of the H/S site and see if it even makes it online
    You may recall when Essendon were likely to be banned from the finals I started a lighthearted thread about that we should receive a wildcard entry into the finals based on our form over the previous few weeks. Bingo the next day JR had written there should be wildcard for that year and that we should be one of the teams to be considered.
    I guess we pinch stuff off their site and they occasionally pinch ideas of ours. No harm
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I guess we pinch stuff off their site and they occasionally pinch ideas of ours. No harm
    We link back to his site though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    We link back to his site though
    Not always.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You may recall when Essendon were likely to be banned from the finals I started a lighthearted thread about that we should receive a wildcard entry into the finals based on our form over the previous few weeks. Bingo the next day JR had written there should be wildcard for that year and that we should be one of the teams to be considered.
    He gets payed considerably more than we do to trawl the net and plagiarise stuff though. Good luck for him I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jon, I'm happy to be your personal bulldog consultant to make sure your Bulldogs stuff is accurate, informed and insightful. Send me a PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hi Jon, I'm happy to be your personal bulldog consultant to make sure your Bulldogs stuff is accurate, informed and insightful. Send me a PM.
    And positive !
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Come on Ralphy you can be the King Bee baby and BT can be your queen?

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

great summary of carlton 2014 class.
    pick 7 gws picked Ahern who this year was traded to north. north gave pick69. his reoverong from a knee injury. so they may have dodged a bullet there, probably th only one !

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing worse is that they'd love to axe Jones & Jaksch but they have contracts for next year on maybe $600,000 or so combined!

And KJ, LJ & Boekhorst played 16 games combined this year, for an average at about 10 disposals...

It would be more than 600 k combined for Jaksch and Jones wouldn't it? Liam is on 400 himself and you'd think Jaksch would be about the same or even more than Jones*. I don't reckon they'd get much change from a million from that pair next year.

*I haven't laughed so much in ages than I did as I typed this. It ended up taking me quite a while.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It would be more than 600 k combined for Jaksch and Jones wouldn't it? Liam is on 400 himself and you'd think Jaksch would be about the same or even more than Jones*. I don't reckon they'd get much change from a million from that pair next year.

*I haven't laughed so much in ages than I did as I typed this. It ended up taking me quite a while.
    My guess is $660,000-$750,000 on an average if they didn't front or back end the contract. That's nearly 6.5-7.5% of the maximum AFEL salary cap clogging up the Northern Blues playing list next year.

It's beautiful, isn't it?

16. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daisy Thomas is still on north of 700k next season as well - nice goodbye present from Malthouse
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is $660,000-$750,000 on an average if they didn't front or back end the contract. That's nearly 6.5-7.5% of the maximum AFEL salary cap clogging up the Northern Blues playing list next year.

It's beautiful, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Daisy Thomas is still on north of 700k next season as well - nice goodbye present from Malthouse
    Up to $1,500,000 tied up in Thomas, Jones & Jaksch for 2017. That's I believe is called, salary cap karma!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You could be right - lets look at the whole thing:

Free Agents
    Waite out to North for no compensation - lets let a proven goal kicker walk.
    Dick in from Sydney - delisted.

Trades
    Garlett and 83 out to Melbourne for 61 and 79 - lets let another proven goal kicker walk.
    Pick 7 out to GWS for Whiley, Jaksch and 19 - Whiley delisted, Jaksch struggling.
    Pick 46 (Caleb Daniel) out to Bulldogs from Liam Jones - Lol.

National Draft
    19 Boekhorst - has been disappointing, widely considered a reach at pick 19.
    28 Viojo- Rainbow - delisted.
    60 Smith - delisted.
    63 Foster - delisted.

Pre-Season Draft
    2 Tutt - delisted.

Rookie Draft
    6 Gowers - delisted.
    24 Walsh - delisted.
    41 Fields - delisted.
    58 Russell - delisted.

What an hilarious disaster.
    That's a tragic history right there!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

20. Likes Twodogs, bulldogtragic liked this post