Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 53 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Can you shoot pigs with a bad ankle?
    Not fair game but they would be easier to hit as they wouldn't run as quick.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. Thanks Twodogs, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Not fair game but they would be easier to hit as they wouldn't run as quick.
    Outstanding!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm with you. Like Wallace & Nathan B, I'm sure in years to come many might thaw their frustration. But that's many more years for me to get close.
    After a certain win last year I felt cleansed of most of the bitterness I hold from the past. 1997, 2009 and Ryan Griffen were top of my list. That pain was worth it to experience the best day this Buldog fan had ever experienced.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    After a certain win last year I felt cleansed of most of the bitterness I hold from the past. 1997, 2009 and Ryan Griffen were top of my list. That pain was worth it to experience the best day this Buldog fan had ever experienced.
    For me, 1997 & 2008-2010 went away. But while he's still playing, at least, I'm not ready to forgive him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

For me, 1997 & 2008-2010 went away. But while he's still playing, at least, I'm not ready to forgive him.
    Well it's not like a love him and wish him success. His time with us, in my eyes is gone. He's just a nothing now, a nobody player on another team.

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Well it's not like a love him and wish him success. His time with us, in my eyes is gone. He's just a nothing now, a nobody player on another team.
    More than anything, like Geelong people were like when Leigh Colbert walked out, I hope he retires without a premiership. Just like Leigh Colbert.

Post Thanks / Like

But while he's still playing, at least, I'm not ready to forgive him.
    Don't worry, that won't be for long.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

12. Likes Twodogs, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The debate about whether we should've tried harder to secure Jong or Hrovat, got made a little easier today. And Higgins, your arrogance to turn your back on a teammate for a certain goal and then missing, in a 3 point game... Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have Higgins any day of the week over Jong.

As for him turning his back, I think the impact was a bit over stated, players close ground really quickly these days and any short pass over the top may have resulted in the receiving player being pushed wide to receive it by the time Higgins actually got back to dispose of it anyway.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The debate about whether we should've tried harder to secure Jong or Hrovat, got made a little easier today. And Higgins, your arrogance to turn your back on a teammate for a certain goal and then missing, in a 3 point game... Thanks.

He did it twice, he burned Swallow in exactly the same way in the first half as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

As for the turning the back, I think the impact was a bit over stated, players close ground really quickly these days and any short pass over the top may have resulted in the receiving player being pushed wide to receive it by the time Higgins actually got back anyway.
    Give me Jongy any other day of the week. I reckon Ling is far more likely to retire as a premiership player and apart from the out and out superstars that is by far the biggest mark of a successful career.

Higgins is a pretty good player with an inflated opinion of his own ability. Jong is becoming a good player who has always had a deflated opinion of his own ability.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

As for him turning his back, I think the impact was a bit over stated, players close ground really quickly these days and any short pass over the top may have resulted in the receiving player being pushed wide to receive it by the time Higgins actually got back to dispose of it anyway.
    But it's not Higgins & Jong, it's Higgins or Webb and Jong or Hrovat. Higgins would be cream, but I'm very optimistic about Webb in the role at the top level.

Post Thanks / Like

But it's not Higgins & Jong, it's Higgins or Webb and Jong or Hrovat. Higgins would be cream, but I'm very optimistic about Webb in the role at the top level.
    I'd have Higgins any day of the week over Webb.

Granted I've always rated his type more so than others have, he plays one of the hardest one or two positions in the modern game, and does it bloody well.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't miss Hrovat one bit. Thought he'd be good for North, but he's always rushed & prone to shanking it badly. Not the type you want deep in the trenches in September.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have Higgins any day of the week over Webb.

Granted I've always rated his type more so than others have, he plays the hardest position in the modern game, and does it bloody well.
    Which Higgins? The BMac half back flanker, that wouldn't run both ways and got dropped, or the mid sized forward?

Post Thanks / Like

Which Higgins? The BMac half back flanker, that wouldn't run both ways and got dropped, or the mid sized forward?
    The mid sized forward, clearly. It's a non issue, but I always thought he'd flourish under Bevo in the role.