Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 60 of 289 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    "He's gonna go for the open goalsquare. It's straight through the middle! Liam Jones is a hero right now!"

It's still the biggest group hug I've ever been in or even seen. I was lucky to survive it personally.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great day. Not as good as The Best Day Ever, but pretty damn good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He will always be Footscray premiership hero Liam Jones to me.

Liam was the centrepiece of one of my favorite days at the footy ever and I will love him forever for it.
    "He's gonna go for the open goalsquare. It's straight through the middle! Liam Jones is a hero right now!"
    It's still the biggest group hug I've ever been in or even seen. I was lucky to survive it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Enjoy a 3 minute highlight

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Bulldog4life, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Enjoy a 3 minute highlight

It was a fantastic day. And at the time I pretty much assumed it would be the only type of premiership we would get so I celebrated accordingly!

I will never forget my dad passed out in the back of the taxi on the way home. And he hadn't had a drink, it was pure emotional joy he'd passed out from.

6. Likes Topdog, strebla, Bulldog4life, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Griffin set to miss the next three months, after finally deciding to have the surgery to have a second eye-hole put in his face (or something).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes G-Mo77, jeemak, KT31, chef, strebla, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Ryan Griffin set to miss the next three months, after finally deciding to have the surgery to have a second eye-hole put in his face (or something).
    I wonder if that's him cooked then, 39 games for GWS. 31 next month. This all but rules him out of 2017 if it's 3 months out, and then the fitness to come straight in during finals. Which I can't see happening.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That's one less soldier for them to call on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if that's him cooked then, 39 games for GWS. 31 next month. This all but rules him out of 2017 if it's 3 months out, and then the fitness to come straight in during finals. Which I can't see happening.

If it is then that means their investment in that trade went sour awfully quickly. With Marchbank gone already all they will have left from Tom Boyd's departure is whatever compensation they got from Carlton for Marchbank.

We have a whatchacallit, umm, a premiership, that's what it is. Tom Boyd helped materially in winning us a flag. Thanks GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL website is saying the season.

LINK
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    AFL website is saying the season.

LINK
    Surely that's him gone then. Just 18 games out of about 48 games in the last two years (2016 & 2017). 32 next year. Long history of injuries and now getting a variety of different injuries. Surely it's time for them to move on and not tie up a spot and salary cap needed for young guns.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Surely that's him gone then. Just 18 games out of about 48 games in the last two years (2016 & 2017). 32 next year. Long history of injuries and now getting a variety of different injuries. Surely it's time for them to move on and not tie up a spot and salary cap needed for young guns.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I almost feel sorry for him, almost.

One thing is for sure, I am no where as bitter towards him since we won the flag. His pig shooting departure set the wheels in motion for our long awaited premiership and I will forever be thankful to him for that somehow.
    Sometimes I actually wonder that he knew his body was shot and he knew he would be doing us a favour by leaving and forcing a trade, similar to Kelvin Templeton leaving for the Dees. But I also doubt it at the same time. I guess it's my way of believing that a player that I once held in such high regard as a bulldog great couldn't be that much of a so and so.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

16. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is then that means their investment in that trade went sour awfully quickly. With Marchbank gone already all they will have left from Tom Boyd's departure is whatever compensation they got from Carlton for Marchbank.

We have a whatchacallit, umm, a premiership, that's what it is. Tom Boyd helped materially in winning us a flag. Thanks GWS.
    If Gryphone is gone, then the trade is:

Dogs: Tom Boyd (#1 pick KPF - Premiership Player within 2 years)

GWS: Matt DeBoer (delisted, drafted with pick 58), and about 16 pick upgrade this year (Marchbank trade result)

Tom Boyd - for - 39 games from Gryphone (and some salary cap), 7 games from Marchbank, Matt DeBoer and a 16 draft pick upgrade.

Did we win?

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

if gryphone is gone, then the trade is:

Dogs: Tom boyd (#1 pick kpf - premiership player within 2 years)

gws: Matt deboer (delisted, drafted with pick 58), and about 16 pick upgrade this year (marchbank trade result)

tom boyd - for - 39 games from gryphone (and some salary cap), 7 games from marchbank, matt deboer and a 16 draft pick upgrade.

Did we win?
    We shit it in !!!
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

20. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs, Topdog, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Gryphone is gone, then the trade is:

Dogs: Tom Boyd (#1 pick KPF - Premiership Player within 2 years)

GWS: Matt DeBoer (delisted, drafted with pick 58), and about 16 pick upgrade this year (Marchbank trade result)

Tom Boyd - for - 39 games from Gryphone (and some salary cap), 7 games from Marchbank, Matt DeBoer and a 16 draft pick upgrade.

Did we win?
    We defs won that trade.

Carlton have won from their end by a mile so far as well.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.