Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 61 of 289 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    We shit it in !!!
    Just....

Looking forward to this being reviewed by Matthews, Barrett, Robbo & Co
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Following our ex's...................

Geez my son is a hard bastard. I just told him that Griff was out for the year and the first thing he said was "Cool, then if we don't win the flag I hope GWS win it while Griff watches from the sidelines crying."
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes chef, Topdog, KT31, strebla, Sedat, jeemak, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Geez my son is a hard bastard. I just told him that Griff was out for the year and the first thing he said was "Cool, then if we don't win the flag I hope GWS win it while Griff watches from the sidelines crying."
    Why he is not on WOOF! I love him already.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if that's him cooked then, 39 games for GWS. 31 next month. This all but rules him out of 2017 if it's 3 months out, and then the fitness to come straight in during finals. Which I can't see happening.
    Think he's on a 4 year deal
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Four years? Far out, no wonder he wanted to go. So that's 15/16/17/18 that he's contracted for, two more years after this season ends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    You're right, he is. What a crazy irresponsible deal they made.

Post Thanks / Like

Four years? Far out, no wonder he wanted to go. So that's 15/16/17/18 that he's contracted for, two more years after this season ends.
    Contracted until the end of next season TD. Full time rehab member is my guess.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, he is. What a crazy irresponsible deal they made.
    Maybe the dicks in the press should jump onto this.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Contracted until the end of next season TD. Full time rehab member is my guess.
    Yeah you're right. I must learn to add one day. It would make life much simpler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Maybe the dicks in the press should jump onto this.
    Just 18 games across 2016 & 2017 combined. Very, very bad back. Dodgy ankles. Knee injuries and other injuries. 32 next year. I'm not sure this trade is going to do the things over 4 years they'd hoped for. If they get fit, I'm not sure he's even in their best 22 anymore. The history that was written at the time and after, will need to be re-written.

14. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He learned from the best.

16. Likes bornadog, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a good return, but given the riches at their disposal i doubt they are losing much sleep over it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Not a good return, but given the riches at their disposal i doubt they are losing much sleep over it
    Depends whether they win a flag. As we've seen from Shoctober, the ripples of decisions can have huge impacts further afield. Given Boyd was going to leave GWS after his two years anyway, what might they have been able to secure for him at the end of 2015? They never had the chance to find out given they chased another club's ageing captain extremely hard and had to give him up in the process.

What impact does having two highly paid veterans with iffy bodies (the other being Deledio) from other clubs sitting on the injury list have when you're having a tilt? Could their combined $1M per season be spent on durable foot soldiers instead?

We'll have to wait and see.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Why he is not on WOOF! I love him already.

I'm so proud!

Fatherly pride is the best feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Depends whether they win a flag. As we've seen from Shoctober, the ripples of decisions can have huge impacts further afield. Given Boyd was going to leave GWS after his two years anyway, what might they have been able to secure for him at the end of 2015? They never had the chance to find out given they chased another club's ageing captain extremely hard and had to give him up in the process.

What impact does having two highly paid veterans with iffy bodies (the other being Deledio) from other clubs sitting on the injury list have when you're having a tilt? Could their combined $1M per season be spent on durable foot soldiers instead?

We'll have to wait and see.

They desperately need foot soldiers who will put their heads over the ball and refuse to lose a game. They have plenty of stars who have never done it hard, never had to fight to get on a list, never had to do what it takes (the thing no one else wants to/can bring themselves to do-personally I would do anything to win a game but I wasn't blessed with great ability so I'd happily do what the coach told me to do) to win a game.

They don't need anymore single figure draft picks, they need a few Liam Pickens or Zaine Cordy's. And until they get them they won't win dick.