Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 87 of 289 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4331
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I know it is only a preseason match, and the Bombers didn't have their best in, but reading (i didn't see the game) Essendon got done by 87 points was music to my ears.
    Gastro went through the club last week, may be something in that.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Even better, hate that club along with carlton - with a passion.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Or Stringer :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we need a new thread: "Stringer Watch." To be honest, I really feel bad about the way things turned out WITH him, not FOR him. To win in Premiership and then disrespect it by the way you let things unravel and the choices you make just seems really off and super selfish to me.
    But I always loved to see him play well and will be forever thankful for the contribution he made to our flag.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly when I saw Crozier in the 9 my first thought was 'who's that in Gilbee's number?' Took me until halfway through the 2nd quarter to remember it was Stringer's the last few years.

He's old news now. A guy who had a good year and a half and played a small role in our successful finals campaign.

6. Likes chef, Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Honestly when I saw Crozier in the 9 my first thought was 'who's that in Gilbee's number?' Took me until halfway through the 2nd quarter to remember it was Stringer's the last few years.

He's old news now. A guy who had a good year and a half and played a small role in our successful finals campaign.
    I don't remember the last time I cared what an Essendon did. And I'm not going to start caring about Essendon players now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Had an interesting day and a half with Nathan Brown last week shooting an upcoming segment for TV.

He had a choice of taking the easy way as a tandem, or the challenging way of doing his first jump as an Accelerated Freefall Student, and he took up the challenge. He was trained by a mate of mine midweek, and he and a entourage of cameras and production folk came down to the dropzone I run to do the jump.

There's a TV segment coming up, so the details are still embargoed, but I can say that he took it all seriously when he needed to, grinned and bore it through the hard stuff, and didn't ask for any short cuts. Away from the training he was down to earth and bloody good fun, he switched on to presenter mode when on camera, but away from that was all about his family and kids.

When he found out I was a Bulldogs diehard, he said, quote "Oops, sorry about the whole leaving thing", but he laughed out loud when I told him that was OK, most of my family's from Eaglehawk, so we were happy to keep the Gippsland kid over one from Golden Square.

Nice guy.

(I'm the hard at work one on the left...)

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I knew Browny a little bit. He was the kind of kid it's impossible to dislike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post
    Had an interesting day and a half with Nathan Brown last week shooting an upcoming segment for TV.

He had a choice of taking the easy way as a tandem, or the challenging way of doing his first jump as an Accelerated Freefall Student, and he took up the challenge. He was trained by a mate of mine midweek, and he and a entourage of cameras and production folk came down to the dropzone I run to do the jump.

There's a TV segment coming up, so the details are still embargoed, but I can say that he took it all seriously when he needed to, grinned and bore it through the hard stuff, and didn't ask for any short cuts. Away from the training he was down to earth and bloody good fun, he switched on to presenter mode when on camera, but away from that was all about his family and kids.

When he found out I was a Bulldogs diehard, he said, quote "Oops, sorry about the whole leaving thing", but he laughed out loud when I told him that was OK, most of my family's from Eaglehawk, so we were happy to keep the Gippsland kid over one from Golden Square.

Nice guy.

Craig
    Wow mate! Hectic job. Im not cut out for that kind of thing. Well played to you and Brownie.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff nosebleed and thank you for sharing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I realise why your username is Nosebleed...

13. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Now I realise why your username is Nosebleed...

Makes more sense than what I was thinking...

Post Thanks / Like

Four clubs off to India as AFL eyes staging game

FOUR clubs are visiting India this week as the AFL edges closer to staging a game in the world's second most populous country.

AFL general manager of China and India David Stevenson will fly to India later this week on a fact-finding mission, and will be accompanied by officials from four clubs.
    Our Ex-CEO now works for the AFL, I must have missed that one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Four clubs off to India as AFL eyes staging game

Our Ex-CEO now works for the AFL, I must have missed that one?
    Yep. I think he pretty much transitioned straight to the head quarters after leaving us. He also is the one who is responsible for AFL X.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post

Nice guy.

Craig
    Oh man I've sky dived once in my life and I chose the AFF option. It was awesome and I'm glad I didn't choose tandem.

Flying my own chute was the best.

What a great job you've got, Noseman.
    "It's over. It's all over."