Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 96 of 289 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4331
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    "Essendon: rated A+ in this trade period"
    Yeah, we got blown out of the water by having two first round draft picks to use. And picking up Crozier, Trengove and Schache as well (two of them former first round picks).

God I love Dodoro for what he's done to that club.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yeah, we got blown out of the water by having two first round draft picks to use. And picking up Crozier, Trengove and Schache as well (two of them former first round picks).

God I love Dodoro for what he's done to that club

The really great thing is, so do they.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The really great thing is, so do they.

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer absolutely stinking it up against the Blues. Extended VFL stint surely.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer is a lot heavier this season than in the past.

Apparently he put on 4kgs over the off season, in the latest photo in The Age he looks way out of shape for a guy who was supposed to transition into the midfield this year.

Some of the BF / BomberBlitz comments are savage.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently he put on 4kgs over the off season, in the latest photo in The Age he looks way out of shape for a guy who was supposed to transition into the midfield this year.

I've heard their fans Bronx cheer him in at least two games. They seem, now, to understand they've been sold a lie about him. As another poster said, when they drop him to the VFL this week, no one would bet on him fighting out of his position. I wonder how long it's going to take to start a conversation in the media about paying his contract out and pushing him out the door.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks Go_Dogs, N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All this angst over Essendon in the media. Boo hoo Bombers. You deserve it. That's the sort of club they are. In my years as a Bulldogs fan, have never heard us give our players a bronx cheer, granted I only go a few times a year now.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Now Baguely is in hot water for sledging Jed lamb about his father, who was murdered when Jed was 6 (leaving his mum a widow with 7 kids!).

This week is really getting worse for the Bombers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It is a good read. I have come to like Judd on Footy Classified, seems to have a brain (and he argues with Caro, so that gets brownie points!)
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

13. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have thought that all year. Makes a mockery of the claims that he'd actually dropped a similar amount, as you say, in order to play midfield. I was stunned when they gave him the flick, now seems it was a prudent move.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've heard their fans Bronx cheer him in at least two games. They seem, now, to understand they've been sold a lie about him. As another poster said, when they drop him to the VFL this week, no one would bet on him fighting out of his position. I wonder how long it's going to take to start a conversation in the media about paying his contract out and pushing him out the door.
    It's gone past footy for me. I genuinely fear for the guy.

Now Baguely is in hot water for sledging Jed lamb about his father, who was murdered when Jed was 6 (leaving his mum a widow with 7 kids!).

This week is really getting worse for the Bombers.
    Whoah. That's not going to end well for anyone.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What a shambles Essendon are.

They're claiming Stringer needs to build his fitness to return to his 2015/16 level performances, and he needs time at Essendon to do that because he's coming from so far back.

No one in the media questions these sorts of statements, but essentially what Essendon said was he was fit enough to be a premiership player and All Australian at the Bulldogs but not fit enough to get a kick as Essendon, and their standards are so high he needs time to catch up. This is the club that hasn't won a final in 5000 days and hasn't finished above 7th in 15 years. That's of course ignoring the fact that he looks like he swallowed a sheep during preseason at Essendon. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, they're a rambling, disorganised, shambles of a football club. They did however win the trade period once again
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

17. Likes Mofra, Go_Dogs, Scraggers, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    That's of course ignoring the fact that he looks like he swallowed a sheep during preseason at Essendon.
    Perfectly articulated what I have been thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

On the news earlier, he was in for scans, apparently suffering back tightness. It must affect your appetite (for donuts, not the football)