Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 99 of 289 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4331
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    It seems Baguley's tweets are about as believable as "The Donald's"

As reported by The Age, "Essendon's Mark Baguley repeatedly sledged Jed Lamb about his father despite being warned by the Carlton player that his father had died".
    Yeah who knows the real story?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    “I was heading home, and he sent me a message saying, ‘Hey mate, I actually thought you did a pretty good job on me today. Here are a couple of pointers going forward.’

“It was out of nowhere. I’d never met the bloke before, but he showed exactly who he was as a person.”
    What a class act Andrew Hooper is. I'm impressed.

3. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah who knows the real story?
    But Who's on first :-)
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Naturally.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe anything I read.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    What a class act Andrew Hooper is. I'm impressed.
    Always liked Andrew,he just didn't have the tank to keep going , he was pretty quick in bursts and had a healthy build.
    I don't think we got the best out of him with our game plan , he would get on his own quite a bit but we never used him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Always liked Andrew,he just didn't have the tank to keep going , he was pretty quick in bursts and had a healthy build.
    I don't think we got the best out of him with our game plan , he would get on his own quite a bit but we never used him.
    Mate, he kicked a goal in a final that snapped us out of our lethargy. We just never looked like it until Hooper got that free kick and converted. We went from looking like we were going sleepwalk out of the finals in straight sets to not looking like losing the game. It was like the other players thought "geez, Hooper kicked a goal, anything could happen here!"

Of course it just made the pain we copped a week later all that harder to bear but...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes Go_Dogs, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just logged on here.... thought I'd cracked it for a mention in a thread.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

11. Likes Twodogs, bornadog, chef, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Just logged on here.... thought I'd cracked it for a mention in a thread.

Ledge is really good with his emotions.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hooper was 8 years too early. The nuggety defensive forward is all the rage now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Former Bomber Stewart Crameri reveals the stress of Essendon’s supplements saga

ONE-TIME Bomber Stewart Crameri broke down as he recalled the stress of living through the club’s supplements saga.

Crameri, 29, was among 34 Essendon players banned for 12 months in the fallout of the club’s ill-fated program.
    The forward left the Bombers following the 2013 season to join the Western Bulldogs before landing at Geelong this year, where he has played the past two matches.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s On The Mark, Crameri told of the effects the saga had placed not only on himself and Essendon officials but those connected to the club.

“It’s okay that it’s happened to me, it’s just the family and friends and all of the pressure that I’ve put on them,” Crameri said.
    “It’s all of the pressure that gets put on all of the people at the club. It was just really hard to see all of these great people going through this stuff. They were getting slagged through the media. They were my friends.

“For someone to be guilty of something when they’re innocent, it’s just really hard to take. If you’re guilty, then that’s fair enough. But when you didn’t intentionally do anything wrong, I think that’s the hardest part to swallow.”

Stewart Crameri in his final season at the Bombers.Crameri also spoke of the heartache of not being able to get on the field during 2016, when Luke Beveridge’s side went all the way to an AFL premiership.

“I got married on the Friday, it was a great day obviously, and then the next day I watched the Grand Final with all my friends and family,’ Crameri recalled.

“About halfway through the last quarter I realised the boys were actually going to do it and it was quite hard to watch because I felt I should have been there, I should have been playing but I wasn’t.

“I wasn’t angry as such, I was so happy for them but so sad that I couldn’t be a part of it.

“I had to remove myself from my family ... I went out to the front and I sat there for five minutes. I said ‘I’ll give myself five minutes to reflect on it, be upset, whatever you have to be’ just to make sure I come back and not be upset about it and when I see the guys I’m really happy for them.

“Watching that last bit was quite tough but there’s many a story of people missing out on Grand Finals, it is hard but that’s just part of the game.”

Crameri said he had moved on in life and was now happy, but was critical of sports scientist Stephen Dank.
    “I can only speak for myself ... but I think he was clumsy with some of his dealings with us. I’m not sure what was going through his head, but a lot of people have been affected by it,” Crameri said.

“We were hopeful that he would come out and actually help us out and say what he did and actually fix the issue that he created.

“From that point of view, we were just waiting and waiting and he never came out and said anything. It was disappointing to see.
    “We put faith and trust into Dank and he led us down the wrong path, obviously.”

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for Stew. I really do. It's hard to know if we would have won the flag if he was playing. We won it the way we did and any changing variable might have changed that. But he's moved on and it's good to see him getting a game at Geelong. I was surprised we delisted him though. I thought he could have provided a role for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Stewie. He's was good for us the first couple of years. He's had a lot thrown at him and he's still fighting on, I hope he makes a go of it at Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

He had a guaranteed slap on the wrist offer to continue his career without interruption at the dogs. He refused the offer. That part of the story never seems to make any stories. He had the power to not miss the season and this play in a GF. He chose to roll the dice and lost. Good luck to him, but I wished he just took that bloody slap on the wrist. He'd be at the dogs and probably 3 time leading goal kicker. But he didn't.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He had a guaranteed slap on the wrist offer to continue his career without interruption at the dogs. He refused the offer. That part of the story never seems to make any stories. He had the power to not miss the season and this play in a GF. He chose to roll the dice and lost. Good luck to him, but I wished he just took that bloody slap on the wrist. He'd be at the dogs and probably 3 time leading goal kicker. But he didn't.
    I guess the thing is it was a “sell your soul” kind of moment. That slap on the wrist came with the caveat of admitting you’d done the wrong thing and were a cheat and also putting all of your mates in it. The players maintain they aren’t cheats (just naive, trusting, and let down by the club, etc.) so I guess that’s why he chose to fight it.