Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Fan Ejected Due to Homophobic Slur

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep I was about 20 metres away and heard the member going on to Rance about his look. He wasn't holding back that's for sure. The police came down and took the wrong guy away. The guy making the comments was late 30s but they took a younger guy away at first but then he came back later. The guy who made the comments was later taken away and was dobbed in by members of the cheer squad. A Richmond Dad with his two kids moved them away, basically happened in front of me. As far as I could make out our own cheer squad alerted the authorities.
    In addition to the above, which I saw, apparently Alex Rance notified the security guy who was on the ground behind the goals. After Rance spoke to the security guard he walked back and waved to the bulldog supporter, as if to say bye bye, you're gone. 5 minutes later security and police came down.

I never saw Rance do this but have quoted my source direct, who is an AFL employee.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The son of a bulldog player, an AFL player himself gets this? The only difference between Libba & Rance is Rance wears a different jumper and Libba Sny played 150 more games.

I guess my Get Alex Rance thread is dead in the water.

A handful of dickheads over a few years is making us all look so bad. Embarrassing for all of us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    In addition to the above, which I saw, apparently Alex Rance notified the security guy who was on the ground behind the goals. After Rance spoke to the security guard he walked back and waved to the bulldog supporter, as if to say bye bye, you're gone. 5 minutes later security and police came down.

I never saw Rance do this but have quoted my source direct, who is an AFL employee.
    Saw it but wasn't close enough to see the person or hear anything. At what point do you stop crying foul though. I called Riewoldt a peacock several times during the game am I at risk of being thrown out one day? To me it's starting to get a little precious. If it was way over the line then that single person got thrown out and it was dealt with swiftly.

What's more disappointing is several Richmond supporters getting a warning for racially abusing Jong.

4. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So we have a set of fans get a warning for a racial slur, and someone gets kicked out for a homophobic slur?
    Bit of inconsistency there, and not condoning either deplorable feral behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like

Rance can stay at Richmond. If he has enough time to take notice of what the crowd says and act like a 5yo waving people in the crowd off then he obviously not concentrating on what is happening on the field properly.

I'm not condoning what (if anything was said) was said but Rance is payed well to play football, not stare into the crowd.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT will be filthy about this, one fan may have just cost us a crack at the in form backman of the comp!

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Rance can stay at Richmond. If he has enough time to take notice of what the crowd says and act like a 5yo waving people in the crowd off then he obviously not concentrating on what is happening on the field properly.

I'm not condoning what (if anything was said) was said but Rance is payed well to play football, not stare into the crowd.
    disagree.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing that this is a headline from our game - when we should be able to focus on the good news of winning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    disagree.
    Which part?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Which part?

Yhat the player should ignore it and pretend that it didn't happen.

Nicky Winmar says hello.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee I'm getting sick of all this off field crap.

16. Likes Throughandthrough, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta disagree here too.

The attitude towards homophobia in Australia is not at the reviled level of racism, but it should be; they're both persecutory practices and are both equally disgusting. Homophobia might even be worse in some ways because a lot of people will see nothing wrong with it.

What did you think of Goodes singling out the girl in the crowd, or Dale Thomas doing likewise to a member of the Carlton (?) cheer squad. To me they're one and the same.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Gotta disagree here too.

The attitude towards homophobia in Australia is not at the reviled level of racism, but it should be; they're both persecutory practices and are both equally disgusting. Homophobia might even be worse in some ways because a lot of people will see nothing wrong with it.

What did you think of Goodes singling out the girl in the crowd, or Dale Thomas doing likewise to a member of the Carlton (?) cheer squad. To me they're one and the same.
    Homophobia is so rife that AFL players are too scared to come out. Can you pinch me, is it 2015 or 1915?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a 37 year old male and each day I'm learning. I strive to be a better person and I think I am succeeding. The person on Saturday made a mistake and will learn a lesson pretty quickly about what is right and wrong but should he be tarred and feathered? No! I've probably said similar things to people, questioning a males sexuality can be a real insult to a straight person and on the footy field I've dealt it out and received it as well. We're all learning in life and this person will hopefully learn from this and be a better person for it. Sometimes a mistake needs to be made in order to be educated.

I try and look at racism and slurs with a glass half full. If we had a Delorean we should all go back and watch a VFL game in the 70's or 80's maybe even 90's. This behavior was normal. Now on very rare occasions it rears it's ugly head. Overall we're all getting better as fans and IMO that is a positive.

The person was ejected pretty quickly from the ground. That's were it should have ended. The rants of do gooders after something like this is something that I find disappointing. None of us are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Gotta disagree here too.

Anti-Religious people are the biggest problems now. When you have our politicians supporting a ban on wearing a burqa you know you've got problems.

20. Likes SonofScray, Drunken Bum, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a football forum?