Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  146
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ayce Cordy - Where to Now?

Some food for thought:

Ayce Cordy AFL Stats by Game 2015 to date.

Description Opponent K HB D M G B T HO GA I50 FF FA AF SC
    Round 3 Hawthorn 0 2 2 0 0 0 1 6 0 0 0 1 11 12
    Round 2 Richmond 0 2 2 0 0 0 1 4 0 0 0 3 3 13

It seems very hard lately to write any negative criticism about player's performances without posters becoming outraged so I will restrict my comment to the absolute facts only to allow readers to draw their own conclusions:

He has given away as many frees as he has had disposals. Zero sum gain.

Officially on the Bus-wagon

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Some food for thought:

It seems very hard lately to write any negative criticism about player's performances without posters becoming outraged so I will restrict my comment to the absolute facts only to allow readers to draw their own conclusions:

Really pitful. You can't have someone in your team with those stats.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Some food for thought:

They are pretty damning stats.
    Ayce must take his medicine and go back to the VFL and get angry. I like him when he's angry!
    I'm sorry to say but I honestly can't see Ayce making it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    They are pretty damning stats.
    Ayce must take his medicine and go back to the VFL and get angry. I like him when he's angry!
    I'm sorry to say but I honestly can't see Ayce making it.
    Yeah he goes back and plays well in the VFL. Then what happens? It's just not happening as a forward. We tried him out in defence and he did a decent job there, makes our defence very top heavy though. Maybe he gets a reprieve and plays there on the weekend?

Unless he's playing predominately as a ruck I find it hard to put him in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Can't find any info on 2009. I could have sworn it was a write off.

Anywho FWIW.

2010 played 1 VFL 0 AFL
    2011 13 VFL 2 AFL
    2012 3 VFL 12 AFL
    2013 10 VFL 5 AFL
    2014 20 VFL 1 AFL

There is obviously some development leagues games in between there just can't find them.
    Found my old 2010 AFL Prospectus and it mentioned that Cordy played 15 games at VFL level in 2009, of which 9 were at senior level and 6 in the reserves.

8. Thanks boydogs, Greystache thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think no one can argue that he is worth a spot in the side in anything other than the first ruck role (I am definitely not saying he is worth a spot in an AFL side as a first ruck, just that no one can argue that he is worth one as a 2nd ruck, seriously no one).

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy is a ruckman and only a ruckman.

He either plays ruck or nothing. Problem is, I think he is more of a reader than a gym junkie. I've never seen calves so skinny on a league footballer. I'd have hoped he'd have developed a lot more from a physical viewpoint over the years.

The hope from my viewpoint was that Ayce would hit the weights on the back of 2014 and come out a monster this year. His shoulders seemed to finally have knitted, so for mine, it was time to hit the gym.

Unfortunately, not the case. He's more suited to the medical profession than football. Good luck to him. I'd rather we rookie list Darcy Fort and move our best performed Footscray player onto our list next year.

My problem is, I've gone from Tom Campbell fan to Tom Campbell doubter over the past month. He needs to pull his finger out, too. I'm slightly concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    My problem is, I've gone from Tom Campbell fan to Tom Campbell doubter over the past month. He needs to pull his finger out, too. I'm slightly concerned.
    Agree somewhat. He has teased for a while and needs to string consistent performances together this season.

Having said that, he is coming off a shoulder reconstruction so he probably needs to be afforded another few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we've been really lucky that Minno isn't injury prone or goes out and gets suspended a few times a year, because I find it really hard to have any confidence in our other rucks.

Minno might have his off weeks, but can't knock what he's given to us once he was able to step up into that No. 1 role, yes he's not a great resting-forward by any means but his All-Australian year was brilliant.

It worrys me we don't have a solid up & coming ruckman to take his place if he ever (knock wood) went down. Campbell comes in and looks good sometimes, but not good/consistent enough to hold his spot. As for Ayce, I agree with what's been said and Redpath looks more of a footballer down forward.

The kids are we coming through are great, but the Ruck has concerned me, as every year passes and we still don't have a clear #2, like Will was when Huddo was #1.

Post Thanks / Like

If he is first and foremost a ruckman then we are playing him out of position so what do we expect? It's unfair to criticise his output without giving him an opportunity to play to his strengths. He has played well in the ruck in the past and probably should get a run later in the year at the expense of Minson.

Minson is 30 and given the huge toll rucking by himself has had on his body I won't be surprised if he has 2-3 years left, we could see a fast decline. Also, if Will gets injured we're stuffed. Roughie hasn't rucked like ever and I personally hate the idea of Boyd rucking. Campbell has struggled to come back from surgery and may be a jack of all trades rather than a master at one.

Would hate to throw Cordy to the wolves when we may just have a good ruckman right under our noses. He deserves a chance to play there before we delist / trade him. If he's a ruckman he should be getting some exposure in the ruck, even if it ruffles Minson's feathers. We need to forward plan big time for this position otherwise we're going to have a gun midfield in 3-4 years time, no Minson and some hack in the ruck that we trade in because he can't crack a game elsewhere.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

If you take out his 2012 season from his 7 years, he's played 11 AFL games over 6 years and in them averaged per game:

Less than 1 1%er
    4 hit outs
    1.5 tackles
    Given away twice as many free kicks as he's been given
    1 mark
    6 disposals (1 kick for every 2 handballs)

And for every win he's played in, he's been in two losses.

Just the facts Jack. Just the facts.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd encourage everyone to come to the WO on Daturday and have a look at Darcy Fort. He might well be the ruckman we've been waiting for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I'd encourage everyone to come to the WO on Daturday and have a look at Darcy Fort. He might well be the ruckman we've been waiting for.
    If he is I'd hate to see another team snap him up in the draft like Freo did when we had Michael Barlow under our nose. And while we're at it Adelaide took Ben Hudson and Geelong took a punt on the J-pod. All these players could of easily been drafted earlier but recruiters missed them and they were starring right in our face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    If he is I'd hate to see another team snap him up in the draft like Freo did when we had Michael Barlow under our nose. And while we're at it Adelaide took Ben Hudson and Geelong took a punt on the J-pod. All these players could of easily been drafted earlier but recruiters missed them and they were starring right in our face.
    Yep, you'd hope that having the players inside the club would lessen the likelihood of this happening in future. The period in which Barlow and JPod were not taken was a very, very poor era for WBFC recruiting.

It's why so many of us are a bit miffed with Scott Clayton's reputation.

I believe Mark Harvey (western suburbs boy) had a lot to do with Barlow's recruitment by Freo. Perhaps we had him on our radar, but expected him to drift a bit later. On JPod, he was on a number of clubs' radars. We weren't the only ones to embarrass ourselves, there.

You'd hope that with our own FFC coaching panel, that, with all of the opposition analysis, game analysis etc, that we'd have a better grasp on general VFL talent than we have in previous years. Hopefully that's a natural payoff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If you take out his 2012 season from his 7 years, he's played 11 AFL games over 6 years and in them averaged per game:

Less than 1 1%er
    4 hit outs
    1.5 tackles
    Given away twice as many free kicks as he's been given
    1 mark
    6 disposals (1 kick for every 2 handballs)

And for every win he's played in, he's been in two losses.

Just the facts Jack. Just the facts.
    Well, if you put it like that....
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus