Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  146
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ayce Cordy - Where to Now?

Ayce is a ruckman and not a forward. I disagree about being delisted if he wasn't father son pick basically they're thinking along the lines of big players taking time to mature.
    Ayce was even behind from the start, but I just think he's got worse.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time to let Ayce go.

AFL ruckman tend to dominate the VFL (Skipper, Street etc) Ayce doesn't really do much at all.

Too slow when he bulks up, too weak when he drops weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Just think: if he gets another run this week he's hit his average games for the season. I don't think its pessimistic or irrational to ask some serious questions at the end of the year as to why he should be retained. Big players take a long time to mature, sure, but on his current trajectory he won't give us anything for another 3-4 years, IF he does indeed make it. Can we wait that long, only to find ourselves back in the 2009 situation of being ready to go get a flag but missing important parts of the engine?

Campbell was also quite poor, in my view, on Saturday. Every time he touched the ball it seemed to go straight to a Box Hill player.

With Talia starting to show some good signs, if that continues I'd vote our number one priority in October would be a sound backup ruckman.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When is he contracted too?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I see him at Carlton next year supporting their rebuild.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    When is he contracted too?
    Pretty sure this is his last year in a 3 year deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Pretty sure this is his last year in a 3 year deal.
    I thought it was a 4 or 5 year deal?

Anyhoo you're right. He's got about 20 games of footy at the levels to show he can make the grade. If he doesn't, then he can become captain at Footscray or wherever else.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I am another guy saying he can only play as 1st ruck. An utter liability up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Why doesn't he jump at the ball like he did when he nearly took a hanger on the goal umpire yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Why doesn't he jump at the ball like he did when he nearly took a hanger on the goal umpire yesterday!
    Because he feels body contact, same problem Liam jones has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I am another guy saying he can only play as 1st ruck. An utter liability up forward.
    This is a big problem for the Bulldogs if what you think is right because this is the exact problem we have with Minson. Pretty much Minson, Campbell and Cordy are first rucks and useless resting forward. Campbell is the only one of the 3 that have shown glimpses that he can play a forward role at senior level. We have to make a decision between Cordy and Campbell to take over from Minson when he calls time. One has to be delisted next year IMO because we can't continue with 3 ruck or nothing players.
    It is a must to trade or go to the draft for the type that can play ok in both positions.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I agree that he can't play forward at all, not convinced he's a ruckman either though. He's slow and pretty poor athletically, yet he doesn't have the physicality to counteract that, throw in the fact that he can't mark, and basically he's a tall male of football playing age. At best he'll be a tap ruckman at centre bounces, do nothing around the ground, and get monstered at the boundary throw in, all the while not being an option to play forward while resting.

It feels like we've been trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole for 7 years, when really we should have been looking for a different peg.

I go back to Eddie Prato, he was delisted after 2 years, yet he was just as good a footballer as Ayce, needed as much work to develop, and had the advantage over Cordy in that at least he was athletic. Not saying Prato would have made the grade but he was at least as likely as Ayce, yet we give one 2 years and the other 7. Hard to understand.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

15. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I agree that he can't play forward at all, not convinced he's a ruckman either though. He's slow and pretty poor athletically, yet he doesn't have the physicality to counteract that, throw in the fact that he can't mark, and basically he's a tall male of football playing age. At best he'll be a tap ruckman at centre bounces, do nothing around the ground, and get monstered at boundary throw in, all the while not being an option to play forward while resting.

It feels like we've been trying to hammer a square peg into a round home for 7 years, when really we should have been looking for a different peg.

I go back to Eddie Prato, he was delisted after 2 years, yet he was just as good a footballer as Ayce, needed as much work to develop, and had the advantage over Cordy in that at least he was athletic. Not saying Prato would have made the grade but he was at least as likely as Ayce, yet we give one 2 years and the other 7. Hard to understand.
    Seven years you say. Maybe he should test free agency...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Seven years you say. Maybe he should test free agency...
    What tier compensation do you think we'd receive?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I agree that he can't play forward at all, not convinced he's a ruckman either though. He's slow and pretty poor athletically, yet he doesn't have the physicality to counteract that, throw in the fact that he can't mark, and basically he's a tall male of football playing age. At best he'll be a tap ruckman at centre bounces, do nothing around the ground, and get monstered at boundary throw in, all the while not being an option to play forward while resting.

It feels like we've been trying to hammer a square peg into a round home for 7 years, when really we should have been looking for a different peg.

yep, agree

I can't see him either as a forward or ruckman. He has no physical presence in a contest whatsoever and he just doesn't contribute anywhere near enough. I'd back Mitch Honeychurch to knock him off the ball. he makes Josh Fraser look like Carl Ditterich.

He has been given plenty of chances. The time is surely coming or has come where his papers get stamped.

I still shake my head that we passed up on Ben Brown for Fuller.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket