Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  146
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ayce Cordy - Where to Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    What tier compensation do you think we'd receive?
    First round pick, coming into his peak.... Just need someone to offer 4 years at $400,000 a year. Carlton? Melbourne? Tier 2 maybe.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    First round pick, coming into his peak.... Just need someone to offer 4 years at $400,000 a year. Carlton? Melbourne? Tier 2 maybe.
    7 years later, perhaps St Kilda still think he's worth a first round pick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I still shake my head that we passed up on Ben Brown for Fuller.
    You're not the only one....
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Seven years you say. Maybe he should test free agency...
    Going for Eker legend methinks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

7 years later, perhaps St Kilda still think he's worth a first round pick?
    They passed on Bonts, so maybe worth a chat...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Completely disagree, regardless of who is name was we rated him enough to draft him with a high pick. He's had setback after setback so the reason to invest time in him is more than just a name.

Not sure on Ayce. He can do it at VFL level and looks great there, AFL, he's struggling to get to that next level. I'd personally like to see him take on some real ruck duties. Today he was forced to play back which obviously didn't suit, every other game he's played he's a pinch ruck who plays forward . His best games have been as a ruck in the VFL I'd like to see him at least given some big stints in the ruck at AFL level. I haven't given up yet, he's got the rest of the year to prove his worth. Right now it's not looking to good.
    Yeah see I have not see one sign( and I mean one) in all the 7 years at the football club at VFL or AFL level to show that he is up to AFL standard. Does anyone have his career stats its must be scary?

What really confuses me about football clubs is that why would anyone hold a stock for 7 years without making any return? He may finally make a return in a few years but surely we have lost over the length of the trade? It's time to cut ties.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    He has good dexterity but he is so slow. I can't see him making it now. Did he have pace as a junior?
    I am going to cut him some slack. Just watched the replay again (masochist) and he played back from the end of the first quarter when Morris went down. Granted he did very little in the first quarter, but his opponents (most of the time) in McEvoy and Ceglar had no impact up forward. He basically spoiled and harassed, so the low stats are not a surprise. You wouldn't really expect him to provide any run, though the odd intercept mark would have been nice. It wasn't a good game but it is probably unfair to criticise him as a forward in this game as he spent very little time in the forward line.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to cut him some slack. Just watched the replay again (masochist) and he played back from the end of the first quarter when Morris went down. Granted he did very little in the first quarter, but his opponents (most of the time) in McEvoy and Ceglar had no impact up forward. He basically spoiled and harassed, so the low stats are not a surprise. You wouldn't really expect him to provide any run, though the odd intercept mark would have been nice. It wasn't a good game but it is probably unfair to criticise him as a forward in this game as he spent very little time in the forward line.
    Cut him some slack after 7 years on the list? Gee I wish you were my manager.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Cut him some slack after 7 years on the list? Gee I wish you were my manager.
    I am only cutting him some slack from being criticised for his forward play in a game where he didn't play forward.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

11. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ayce has shown us nothing.
    No physical presence(200cms,100kgs)
    No skill set,no nothing.
    Best position?
    Who the hell knows!
    Redders was more then unlucky to be dropped for Cordy.
    Sholud be back this week to take Ayce out.

Post Thanks / Like

I am only cutting him some slack from being criticised for his forward play in a game where he didn't play forward.
    Hahaha, don't think you can get out of this with objectivity mate!

I was disappointed that Ayce didn't have one or two moments where a kick out of defence from us was directed to him with any impact on the contest from him. His arial defending was ok, but his refusal to get involved beyond that puzzled me.

This is a guy who should be champing at the bit to be involved and improving, and I never see him do that at AFL level.

Post Thanks / Like

What tier compensation do you think we'd receive?
    If it's anything less than pre-first round we've been ripped off by AFL House again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yeah see I have not see one sign( and I mean one) in all the 7 years at the football club at VFL or AFL level to show that he is up to AFL standard. Does anyone have his career stats its must be scary?

What really confuses me about football clubs is that why would anyone hold a stock for 7 years without making any return? He may finally make a return in a few years but surely we have lost over the length of the trade? It's time to cut ties.
    He hardly played a game at any level for 3 years while on our list which is why I personally think they've persisted with him. The 7 years is just a number which is exaggerated.

For those on here just bagging the hell out of him to make themselves feel better go back and find the article on him about how he was close to retirement 3 years in and how devatsed he was with having injury after injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    He hardly played a game at any level for 3 years while on our list which is why I personally think they've persisted with him. The 7 years is just a number which is exaggerated.

For those on here just bagging the hell out of him to make themselves feel better go back and find the article on him about how he was close to retirement 3 years in and how devatsed he was with having injury after injury.
    He barely missed a game in his first season. He didn't play a couple late after hurting his back in a marking contest, but played every game before that. It was really only his second season that was a write off after doing his shoulder in round 1. Nothing about trying to make myself feel better, I've seen most of his career, and pre and post injuries I didn't see anything to suggest we had a player worth putting so many years into.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He barely missed a game in his first season. He didn't play a couple late after hurting his back in a marking contest, but played every game before that. It was really only his second season that was a write off after doing his shoulder in round 1. Nothing about trying to make myself feel better, I've seen most of his career, and pre and post injuries I didn't see anything to suggest we had a player worth putting so many years into.
    Agreed.

Fans and the club itself talk about his injuries as if he's barely played any footy. As Grey said, his second season was a write off but he's had plenty of time on the field pre and post that period to develop into a footballer. I never rated him has a junior, and I've never rated him as an AFL listed player. He's improved at VFL level but he's no where near even being slightly competitive at the top level.

It is an absolute myth that he hasn't been able to get on the park. He's just not good enough.

18. Likes kruder liked this post