Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  538
Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2015

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Any interest in Lachie Henderson and Jamie Elliott? Both remain un-contracted.

Henderson could well be worth a look considering his ability to play back and forward.

Elliot is a quality footballer, full stop.
    I was actually thinking about Henderson on the weekend. If Carlton are serious about rebuilding, they should either trade or take compo for a valuable 27+ yo commodity. He'd be very welcome at the Kennel!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to talk about us getting WHE.......the thought gets me far too excited.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a left field one. Alex Keath has just lost his Vic Bushrangers contract and his cricket career is very much uncertain. He was one of the elite U18's in the country and was chosen in the first batch of GC Suns pre-draft recruits - he declined as he chose to pursue a cricket instead. He's only 23yo and could be rookied by any club as their last rookie selection as he's not been on an AFL list for the last 3 years. Worth an enquiry? I'll bow to the regular U18 watchers to give their perspectives on his football ability. He's obviously coming from a long way back as he has been out of the footy system for over 4 years

4. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bit of a left field one. Alex Keath has just lost his Vic Bushrangers contract and his cricket career is very much uncertain. He was one of the elite U18's in the country and was chosen in the first batch of GC Suns pre-draft recruits - he declined as he chose to pursue a cricket instead. He's only 23yo and could be rookied by any club as their last rookie selection as he's not been on an AFL list for the last 3 years. Worth an enquiry? I'll bow to the regular U18 watchers to give their perspectives on his football ability. He's obviously coming from a long way back as he has been out of the footy system for over 4 years
    From this article last year:

As recently as this year, Keath's management has fielded calls from AFL recruiters sounding out his interest in jumping back over the fence. They remember his draft testing results, still have the tapes of his underage football, dream of putting meat on his bones.

As one says, "If Alex Keath said tomorrow, 'I'm going to retire from cricket', clubs would draft him.".
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I was actually thinking about Henderson on the weekend. If Carlton are serious about rebuilding, they should either trade or take compo for a valuable 27+ yo commodity. He'd be very welcome at the Kennel!
    I wouldn't trade for him as it would cost us a first round pick or one of the young guns and we would only get 4-5 years service. I think we would have to be in genuine premiership contention to consider that kind of trade.

There are other options such as Rance as a free agent or Carlisle who is a couple of years younger and more worthy of a first rounder in my view. I'd imagine all 3 would command similar coin.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Henderson is 25, not 27, for the record.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at how we are travelling, I'm not sure we need to be concerned too much with trade.

I think we perhaps need a mobile ruckman that can take marks around the ground and as the year unfolds we should know if Cordy or Campbell are making any progress in that area.

The obvious player to trade out is Minson, but his currency may have gone. It would seem unlikely that he can be a genuine force and the game may just have gone past his skill set.

There is little point bringing in anyone new as an experienced player if they do not immediately improve the team.

While someone like Rance would be worthwhile depending on price, we also need to have new draftees coming through each year and we also need to continue with the group we have.

There may be some issues with retaining them all if they do not receive sufficient opportunity.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Like this thinking; we could have another one under our noses at Footscray in Meyrick Buchanan.

Has picking cricket over footy ever worked for anyone? Can think of a few going the other way.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Like this thinking; we could have another one under our noses at Footscray in Meyrick Buchanan.

Has picking cricket over footy ever worked for anyone? Can think of a few going the other way.
    Warne would be one, played St. Kilda Under 19s and Reserves, was de-listed, considered other opportunities then focused on cricket, Simon O'Donnell is the other that comes to mind straight away. Handy footballer as was his old man.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Max Walker too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Jamie Cox had a pretty good cricket career without playing a test.

Was drafted by Essendon but elected to go to the cricket academy instead.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Keith Miller did okay..!

Interestingly, Miller formed the best opening bowling combination in Australian Test cricket history with Ray Lindwall.

Miller was a footballer with St Kilda and Lindwall played in the 1949 NSWRL grand final with St George.
    Both made Australia's Test Team of the Century.

So, yeah, it's been done!

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Marsh would be front and centre I'd think at the moment.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Have some mates that are convinced Carlisle is heading our way based on whispers going around.

Disclaimer: it may be they read another forum and are regurgitating rumours or it's pure wishful thinking. Or both!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

So there's this now;

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...29-1mwbdq.html

G'day if you're reading Emma.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post