• Yes

45 90.00%
  • No

5 10.00%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 8 wins from 17 games = Finals. Can we do it

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. I thought 12th would be a good gap year. Has been a hell of a ride.
    We have been sensational at home this year with only two losses at Etihad - Saints by 7, and Freo by 13.

All I can say is god help North at Etihad in a few weeks time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We have been sensational at home this year with only two losses at Etihad - Saints by 7, and Freo by 13.

All I can say is god help North at Etihad in a few weeks time.
    Scary to think three losses to St, Melb & Freo that were within single digits half way through the last quarter. That'd be top 2. With so much natural development in the list, it's hard not to feel optimistic. I hope supporters invest in memberships from now and for the next decade. With more membership cash, we can hire extra coaches and invest even more in development. This is what voluntary non members need to understand, their cash means more chance to succeed. We should be demanding of our base 40,000 members next year. That gets us sponsors, Friday night matches, exposure and advertising bucks. Which helps us again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes 1eyedog, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's also worth remembering that we'll probably have a much harder draw next year, playing more current top 8 teams twice instead of Melbourne, St.Kilda and Brisbane (although we did lose to Melb and the Saints so I guess it evens out a bit)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's also worth remembering that we'll probably have a much harder draw next year, playing more current top 8 teams twice instead of Melbourne, St.Kilda and Brisbane (although we did lose to Melb and the Saints so I guess it evens out a bit)
    Given that we have performed well against all comers it should not matter.

Amazingly that we have been in every single game with a winning chance at some stage in the last quarter except for the Hawthorn game. Even then we had plenty of reason to forget the game as we had lost M Boyd, Bonts and Wood before the game and Morris and Mitch Wallis before qtr time.

I really believe we are capable of winning against anyone including Hawthorn.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

7. Likes 1eyedog, bornadog, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Given that we have performed well against all comers it should not matter.

Amazingly that we have been in every single game with a winning chance at some stage in the last quarter except for the Hawthorn game. Even then we had plenty of reason to forget the game as we had lost M Boyd, Bonts and Wood before the game and Morris and Mitch Wallis before qtr time.

I really believe we are capable of winning against anyone including Hawthorn.
    Good post.

Regarding finals - I certainly don't have the attitude of it being a 'bonus' or a 'free hit' just because we didn't expect to be here.

Although LOGICALLY we should continue to improve over the next few years - there are never any guarantees and improvement is seldom linear. At the end of 2006 - we looked like world beaters - but 2007 for a variety of reasons was a disaster, before we got back on track in 2008.

At the end of 2013 - we rattled home hard and looked really good (some will remember '#Bulldogs Wild Card'), but then my worst fears emerged last year where we were terrible again, before again for a variety of reasons and obviously a very different scenario to 2006/07/08 - we have become a good side.

My point is that we really can't afford to waste any chances while we are in the eight, and particularly in the 4. We need to seriously tap into this great form for the rest of this season.

I don't believe in 'we've got nothing to lose'. There is always something to lose.

9. Likes Twodogs, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagles have lost Will Schofield. The injury gods are smiling upon us. If we beat Weagles at Subi, looks like we are in. Every week it looks more likely we are going to play finals.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Good post.

Regarding finals - I certainly don't have the attitude of it being a 'bonus' or a 'free hit' just because we didn't expect to be here.

Although LOGICALLY we should continue to improve over the next few years - there are never any guarantees and improvement is seldom linear. At the end of 2006 - we looked like world beaters - but 2007 for a variety of reasons was a disaster, before we got back on track in 2008.

At the end of 2013 - we rattled home hard and looked really good (some will remember '#Bulldogs Wild Card'), but then my worst fears emerged last year where we were terrible again, before again for a variety of reasons and obviously a very different scenario to 2006/07/08 - we have become a good side.

My point is that we really can't afford to waste any chances while we are in the eight, and particularly in the 4. We need to seriously tap into this great form for the rest of this season.

I don't believe in 'we've got nothing to lose'. There is always something to lose.
    The players have something to lose, for sure. But for them. I think as far as the fans go, they owe us nothing this year. They need to go west, smash WCE, come home, smash Norf, go north, smash Brisbane, then tear the finals a new one. And not for us. Do it for themselves without the pressure. Yeah there's something to lose, but the pressure is 100% on West Coast this week and they'll be sitting in their weekly meetings talking about how important it is to be up and about against our team.