Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tackle: Western Bulldogs stand tall in three epic minutes against Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's a good point. I wonder if we had to deprogram Stew when he first arrived?
    I envisage a man waving a pocket watch in front of his face.

"Injections in the stomach bad. Breaking a 60-year flag drought good." over and over

2. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tackle: Western Bulldogs stand tall in three epic minutes against Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I hate to bring down an article that is so positive about the Bulldogs, but I can't agree that is well written. It's basically a play-by-play description of what happened with no embellishment or description, just quotes from the commentators on the footage. I've watched the final three minutes on at least four occasions and struggled to envision what he was talking about because it was so bland!

(I actually don't mind Robbo on 360, but can't stand that his 'articles' are constituting football journalism at the moment)
    I think you are being harsh.
    Yes it is a blow by blow with commentators quotes thrown in, BUT it relives the emotion. The fact that there is no embellishment is why I believe it is well written.

It was epic and embellishment in any form would be detracting.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think you are being harsh.
    Yes it is a blow by blow with commentators quotes thrown in, BUT it relives the emotion. The fact that there is no embellishment is why I believe it is well written.

It was epic and embellishment in any form would be detracting.
    I think this (http://www.bulldogtragician.com/the-.../one-more-song is a much better article about the same topic, by the Bulldog Tragician.

Post Thanks / Like

Have watched the last 3 minutes a few times now and I can't really fault any Bulldog player for making even half a mistake. Our pressure and desperation completely smothered Sydney, and the only real forward 50 chance they had was from an unbelievable kick from Nick Smith to McVeigh - that kick was so good with such amazing vision, it was Murphy-esque

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to bring down an article that is so positive about the Bulldogs, but I can't agree that is well written. It's basically a play-by-play description of what happened with no embellishment or description, just quotes from the commentators on the footage. I've watched the final three minutes on at least four occasions and struggled to envision what he was talking about because it was so bland!

(I actually don't mind Robbo on 360, but can't stand that his 'articles' are constituting football journalism at the moment)
    After years of not being interested, I have been recording and watching every footy show I can get my hands on since demoralising the cows.

I watched 360 last night, Robbo wrote that because he loved those final minutes, he was choking up talking about it, seriously looked and sounded like he was emotionally moved by the dogs performance and what we have achieved since October.

Post Thanks / Like

We certainly had to detoxify him!!!
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

- I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing a few writers, it's a tension technique in both the fiction and non-fiction genres.

Writers in tense situations or describing the climax to a story are encouraged to write as dispassionately as possible because it makes the reader want to read "quicker" to find out what happens. It's a counter-intuitive technique but it works.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I think this (http://www.bulldogtragician.com/the-.../one-more-song is a much better article about the same topic, by the Bulldog Tragician.
    That is a terrific story, but it has a perspective that Mark Robinson could not have.

Robbo's effort is still fantastic in this instance.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured