Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  67
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation: Get Brian Lake

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    Thought he was very funny and self depreciative and spoke quite well.
    Not so much this bit.

He also blamed his son Cohen for making him drive the Gatorade car after the Grand Final.

“Unfortunately, he won’t make Hawthorn father and son but he’ll make Bulldogs father and son, but hopefully we can trade him anyway.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Not so much this bit.
    Always know your audience.

If it was a bulldogs function then Cohen wouldn't have been going anywhere.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Not so much this bit.
    Agree. I understand it was for a HFC audience, but I didn't like that at all. Perhaps if his son ends up coming here he will get the same sort of opportunities we provided his dad and propel him from relative obscurity and a life separating sheep testicles from its dead carcass to a high profile, high paying job playing a sport thousands do for free every weekend.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Agree. I understand it was for a HFC audience, but I didn't like that at all. Perhaps if his son ends up coming here he will get the same sort of opportunities we provided his dad and propel him from relative obscurity and a life separating sheep testicles from its dead carcass to a high profile, high paying job playing a sport thousands do for free every weekend.
    I agree, he should never had said that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    We were still a chance of top 4 with one round to go. We're not far away at all. The top 8 was pretty even this year, Freo didn't make the GF from 1st and North knocked off Sydney from 8th and were in front of West Coast at half time in the prelim in Perth

We beat plenty of top 8 sides but suffered from a bit of young side inconsistency. A year older and a 2nd year under Beveridge I will be disappointed if we don't make top 4
    North kept themselves out of contention all year playing honourable losses, Adelaide lost their coach, Port were far short of expectations, Geelong are looking dangerous again. Thinking we'll be the only team to markedly improve next year is beyond optimism.

That said, what are our flag odds anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We don't have the coverage? Hamling / Roberts / Morris / Roughie?
    Morris is the only player in that group who could stand next to Gibson, at present.

Post Thanks / Like

Close the thread - we have lost out in the quest for Brian's signature to the Caroline Springs Lakers!

9. Thanks bulldogtragic, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake coming out with some controversial statements:

* Says he was pushed out at Hawks - True

* Says Hawks policy is to retire two vets each year and he and Hale were the first. - Hawks denying.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

* Says Hawks policy is to retire two vets each year and he and Hale were the first. - Hawks denying.
    * Also said was offered a spot as a top up at Essendon but said no because playing it would put a stain on his reputation- True!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it controversial? If that's what they need to do to be better then the club is bigger than two players. Lake and Hale should be happy they had an opportunity to win some gold before they retired. So long and thanks for all the fish I would say.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    * Also said was offered a spot as a top up at Essendon but said no because playing there would put a stain on his reputation- True!
    Meant to put that in as well. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Why is it controversial? If that's what they need to do to be better then the club is bigger than two players. Lake and Hale should be happy they had an opportunity to win some gold before they retired. So long and thanks for all the fish I would say.
    I think he shouldn't say anything and be grateful he got to play in three Grand finals.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad he is not just another ex player regurgitating the same old crap like the rest of them personally. We need more flair in our media.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he shouldn't say anything and be grateful he got to play in three Grand finals.
    I'm sick of players having to be so sanitized. I'd glad some still open up a little to the media
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    * Also said was offered a spot as a top up at Essendon but said no because playing it would put a stain on his reputation- True!
    He actually said that he didn't take up the offer because last time he played without a pre-season didn't work out so well for him.

He hadn't been training at all for two months, so he was well and truely out of shape and probably wouldn't be ready to play until round 9 or 10.

Mark Stevens through in the comment about the stain on the career and he kind of agreed without thinking it through too much.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

So it could be interpreted as his performance potentially being a stain on his career

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So it could be interpreted as his performance potentially being a stain on his career

More playing for Essendon would be a stain on his reputation I took as the unsaid bit.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.