Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Operation: Get Brian Lake

Ok, so it's a cheap conversation starter. Sue me.

But if Brian wanted to come back, the Hawks weren't overly keen to offer a new contract and Bevo saw Roughy as a swing man and Rance, Carlise etc all said no...

Brian Lake, $350,000 for a year or two....
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation: Get Brian Lake

I cant see the value he would offer on or off the field.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Wtf......

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be a 180 from where we have come and where we are going. We are facing forward as a club now not back. He's past it (Boyd got hold of him in Tassie) and is injury prone, massive risk and one we really don't need to take. Macca underestimated Talia and Roberts by approaching Lonergan and now both are in the best 22. Hamling is another on the cusp. I don't want a 34 year old taking up a spot of a young key back for a year or two.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ok, so it's a cheap conversation starter. Sue me.

But if Brian wanted to come back, the Hawks weren't overly keen to offer a new contract and Bevo saw Roughy as a swing man and Rance, Carlise etc all said no...

Brian Lake, $350,000 for a year or two....
    No.

Let's be honest, Brian Lake was a super player for us. His departure was perfectly timed for all parties and I'd say it's been positive for all parties.

But let's not forget one thing: He's a bit of a dickhead, but when he WAS our backline, we overlooked that fact. If he'd been at our club last year, there's no doubt in my mind he would have been a chief agitator in the McCartney revolt.

We've backed our talls in this year, and they've responded. What kind of message does it send them if we bring Lake back? A poor one, and that's being positive.

I think securing TB for us has gone to your head BT.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmm no nien nyet negative nope ixnay on the nonay

Maybe sometime later on as a Backline Coach though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    No.

Let's be honest, Brian Lake was a super player for us. His departure was perfectly timed for all parties and I'd say it's been positive for all parties.

But let's not forget one thing: He's a bit of a dickhead, but when he WAS our backline, we overlooked that fact. If he'd been at our club last year, there's no doubt in my mind he would have been a chief agitator in the McCartney revolt.

We've backed our talls in this year, and they've responded. What kind of message does it send them if we bring Lake back? A poor one, and that's being positive.

I think securing TB for us has gone to your head BT.
    I never said we should do it. It's cast as a hypothetical scenario.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Not one of your better threads bt

11. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not one of your better threads bt
    I guess I'll take it on the chin. But as it was a conversation starter, is the notion of him coming back stupid because of his age, body, form, brain fades, attitude or dickheadishness

Post Thanks / Like

Because he's not the difference between us playing in a Grand Final or not, which is all that really matters as far as I'm concerned.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    is the notion of him coming back stupid because of his age, body, form, brain fades, attitude or dickheadishness
    Yes

He's the best defender I've seen play for the club, but we both moved on some time ago and it was best for of us.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's been very uninspiring in his four games this year I think he' just about done.

Post Thanks / Like

Too late, no thanks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from Grant he's the best defender I've seen at the club.

He was also the highest priority in players that needed to be pushed out when the culture of the place became an issue that desperately needed addressing.

Good on him for moving on and gaining success.