Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bob Murphy - Part Two, Captain and Coach

This was phenomenal.

I want another Year of the Dogs, and I hope these insights are leading to one. I had a discussion with a mate about the way we follow football, and he told me "I don't care about the players, I care about the club" (he isn't a dogs fan). I couldn't imagine following football any differently, and pieces like this both intrigue me and sum up how I feel about the game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Have you ever, ever seen a club captain be so open, so candid, about what goes through his head?

You could feel the genuine struggle in his voice talking about Clay.

And then his daughter whispers in his ear and gives him a kiss, and it's all better again.

I've got a daughter around that age and I can say with absolute certainty that a kiss from your daughter fixes absolutely EVERYTHING.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stop thinking about this film.

What a privilege for Bob to allow us into his home and hear his thoughts, while he shares a meal with his daughter. Hearing him talk about the "fallen soldier" Clay with the vision of Clay crying had me glassy-eyed.

I feel very emotional after watching that. This Sunday will be the last time I see the Dogs play for two years while I'm overseas, and more than anyone else Bob reminds me of why I love the club so much.
    We have a very special trio leading our club at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I can't stop thinking about this film.

What a privilege for Bob to allow us into his home and hear his thoughts, while he shares a meal with his daughter. Hearing him talk about the "fallen soldier" Clay with the vision of Clay crying had me glassy-eyed.

I feel very emotional after watching that. This Sunday will be the last time I see the Dogs play for two years while I'm overseas, and more than anyone else Bob reminds me of why I love the club so much.
    We have a very special trio leading our club at the moment.
    I hope you can come back for finals at least. Now that would be great.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

In particular the last few minutes with Bob talking about Clay, about accepting a loss and moving on/not getting carried away - and sitting with his daughter.

Have watched it 3 times already....and it will probably get a few more runs today!

Post Thanks / Like

I love our captain. What an incredible man.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant video.
    It's easy to forget that big professional clubs are just made up of people, like all clubs.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

We should all be humbled by the fact that Bob is our Captain. He just gets footy and what it means to the rank and file. We need a new statue.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Um, is it all a bit too early to be fawning over Coach and Captain?
    I'm as easily lured as well. Hungry for success for a long time, most fans want Bob / Luke, to be 'those' leaders.
    But it's very early in the day. So early in the season and three or four bad losses / injuries can dash hope.

Slow and steady dogs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Um, is it all a bit too early to be fawning over Coach and Captain?
    I'm as easily lured as well. Hungry for success for a long time, most fans want Bob / Luke, to be 'those' leaders.
    But it's very early in the day. So early in the season and three or four bad losses / injuries can dash hope.

Slow and steady dogs.
    I've been fawning over Bob for years, not all about his footy but him as a person, he is a very calming trusting normal person with great morals and insights in life, whether we fall in a heap or not Bob is a very special person regardless.
    This clip gave us more an insight of him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly very well liked in the media and a good representative of the club.
    But at the end of the day, it's his decision making that is his greatest quality. Smart footballer, in all areas of the game.

But you only get respect in earnest as a coach, if you get your team to play finals footy. Very early days yet.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 16-05-2015 at 10:17 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

DVD being released Next week with more footage, interviews etc. #theride

Pre-order your copy of #TheRide in store or over the phone at Bulldogs Shop. Phone (03) 9680 6128 to order now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's my Christmas present sorted.