Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  50
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 9 vs GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    He hasn't been great but I think it could be a bit more about matchups this week.

GWS are Cameron and McCarthy, both very quick agile forwards. Talia, Roughead and Roberts are slow at best.
    The Hammer is our best option to try and match up for pace with one of their forwards.
    Yes I wish Joel Hamling good luck on his debut with us. What about Biggs getting dropped. Was that harsh after his first game.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What about Biggs getting dropped. Was that harsh after his first game.
    He hasn't been dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He hasn't been dropped.
    Sorry my mistake In that's good.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Sorry my mistake In that's good.
    One thing you can be sure of with Bevo is that he likes to give guys a chance when he brings them in to the side (usually).
    He doesn't seem one who dumps a guy as soon as he's had a bad game. There is obviously some fundamental non negotiables (ask Macrae) that can force his hand but generally guys getting a look in like Biggs, Cordy, Dale, Roberts, Talia, Hunter, Goodes, have been given several goes at it. So I would expect Hamling to get a few weeks to prove himself unless he has an absolute shocker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    One thing you can be sure of with Bevo is that he likes to give guys a chance when he brings them in to the side (usually).
    He doesn't seem one who dumps a guy as soon as he's had a bad game. There is obviously some fundamental non negotiables (ask Macrae) that can force his hand but generally guys getting a look in like Biggs, Cordy, Dale, Roberts, Talia, Hunter, Goodes, have been given several goes at it. So I would expect Hamling to get a few weeks to prove himself unless he has an absolute shocker.
    Yep. Whilst I haven't agreed with it being applied to Cordy or Goodes, that method has worked for Roberts and Webb, and it's good to see Dale string another game together. I thought even though he was the sub, he'd probably make way this week but he's held his spot. Longer term it can only benefit the young kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting in Bevo's press conference he mentioned TBoyd's energy levels were down last week, he had been crook during the week.

Hopefully he is fired up tomorrow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting in Bevo's press conference he mentioned TBoyd's energy levels were down last week, he had been crook during the week.

Hopefully he is fired up tomorrow.
    Let's hope he tears it up.