Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
I really don't get this indignation towards booing. It has been part of the game since day dot, it is not exclusive to Goodes nor any player or group of players. Like it or not it is part of sport, and not just AFL. I hate to give him credit but last week Dermie summed it up for me, basically saying you pay your money, you can express yourself at the footy. So long as you're not being racist, simply booing someone is fine by me. I booed Griffen, I'll boo others if I wish to. I don't like Goodes as I think he is a self absorbed, narcissistic person with a chip on his shoulder. IMO he has done little to unite people, and more to antagonise. That's my opinion, I can express it via booing should I wish to do so.
I dont agree and I think your logic is flawed. Booing was done because certain players were guilty of repetitive dirty acts on the field.
Now its done for a variety of other reasons not necessarily footy related.
I think many people have now embraced it because it's the done thing on the shows like the wrestling. In the manner its often done now it just lacks class.

Each to their own but its cheers more than jeers for me. Id need a better reason than many are offering up with Goodes.