Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  99
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tom Liberatore

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Liberatore

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Perfect for who? There is no "perfect age", everybody is different.
    There is a tendency in football to judge players by their age, height, speed or experience etc and in this instance about becoming a parent
    In most instances it's nearly always one of those classic 'time will tell' scenario's.

I seem to recall that Stringer was seen by many as a mature type because he became a parent at something like 19 and now some might find Liberatore at 27 as being a bit young

You're 100% spot on, there is no real perfect age and most people are different
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is a tendency in football to judge players by their age, height, speed or experience etc and in this instance about becoming a parent
    In most instances it's nearly always one of those classic 'time will tell' scenario's.

I seem to recall that Stringer was seen by many as a mature type because he became a parent at something like 19 and now some might find Liberatore at 27 as being a bit young

You're 100% spot on, there is no real perfect age and most people are different
    He is only young due to the average in society now, nothing wrong with having a child at his age in life, each to their own
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is only young due to the average in society now, nothing wrong with having a child at his age in life, each to their own
    But his age was called out before you knew what the average was and only was done after GD queried the reference to his age.
    I think given his career including his attitude and approach to life, Liberatore has frequently proven to be anything but average.
    It's likely that time will tell if the average is relevant.

Post Thanks / Like

He's always seemed to be a player that has responded very well to challenges and hopefully this might be the spur to really get stuck into it this year. I remain very hopeful that despite his injury setbacks we will see a very good version of Tom Liberatore on the park this year
    If he can play 20 games this year, then to date we are getting excited about the wrong players. The potential impact Libba can bring to the team would be the greatest of our list IMO - spiritually and physically.

I’ll remain optimistic and hopeful that we e see the Libba we’ve all been waiting 3 years for back again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    If he can play 20 games this year, then to date we are getting excited about the wrong players. The potential impact Libba can bring to the team would be the greatest of our list IMO - spiritually and physically.

I’ll remain optimistic and hopeful that we e see the Libba we’ve all been waiting 3 years for back again.
    Where does that leave our midfield rotations?
    One track watcher said Bailey Smith has been playing wing - he can do that. How do we rotate Bont, Macrae and Dunkley through the middle? Bont and Macrae can play outside, Dunks less so. Libba is a beautiful left foot kick but his strength is winning the ball and tackling so he'd be the 'extracter' when he's in there.

Will he be happy to start on the bench as an 'impact' player and have the odd stint forward as a defensive forward? We do tend to play a 6th mid as a forward but Libba isn't that great at it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    One track watcher said Bailey Smith has been playing wing - he can do that. How do we rotate Bont, Macrae and Dunkley through the middle? Bont and Macrae can play outside, Dunks less so. Libba is a beautiful left foot kick but his strength is winning the ball and tackling so he'd be the 'extracter' when he's in there.

Will he be happy to start on the bench as an 'impact' player and have the odd stint forward as a defensive forward? We do tend to play a 6th mid as a forward but Libba isn't that great at it.
    Smith on a wing could be a beautiful thing. Any clues on his tank (other than looking ripping fit)?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

We are 4-0 in finals with Libba in the team and 0-2 in finals without him. When fully fit, Libba only makes us stronger.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

But his age was called out before you knew what the average was and only was done after GD queried the reference to his age.
    I think given his career including his attitude and approach to life, Liberatore has frequently proven to be anything but average.
    It's likely that time will tell if the average is relevant.
    JJ had a child last year and (happy to be corrected) his age wasn’t mentioned.

He is the same age as Tom.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Good point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Good point.
    I am not sure why a big deal is being made. All I said was I was surprised at his age he is a father. Also, what you are saying GVGjr is incorrect. I was going on experience. My daughter is 26 and none of her friends are married or with kids.

It is a known fact people are leaving marriage and birth to their 30s now. I followed up with the average, to prove a point, but as I said who cares, it is up to individuals.

Why go on about it.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am not sure why a big deal is being made. All I said was I was surprised at his age he is a father. Also, what you are saying GVGjr is incorrect. I was going on experience. My daughter is 26 and none of her friends are married or with kids.

It is a known fact people are leaving marriage and birth to their 30s now. I followed up with the average, to prove a point, but as I said who cares, it is up to individuals.

Why go on about it.
    You've provided the clarity and thanks for that.
    The point I'm making is from what I have seen with Liberatore over the years he strikes me as a unique type not one likely to be in the 'averages'.

Post Thanks / Like

You've provided the clarity and thanks for that.
    The point I'm making is from what I have seen with Liberatore over the years he strikes me as a unique type not one likely to be in the 'averages'.
    That I agree with for sure. I hope he has a good season, because he will be invaluable if fit and firing and best 22 as far as I am concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

I can see Libba resting in the forward line more than Dunkley - but yeh it’s force one out. Like the idea of bailey smith on a wing assumed given his age it’s be him

Post Thanks / Like

There's a big difference between having a child as a result of a long term relationship (like Tom) and just knocking up the first girl you get to do it with( like a lot of kids did in my day).

Age has little to do with how good a parent you are. The mother of my kids is 15 years younger than me and she is a terrific parent.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

16. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post