Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  99
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tom Liberatore

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Liberatore

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post

Wow. What could be.
    Cheers for the stats. 50% is a massive margin!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping Libba's return means the other great Italian, Bontempelli won't have to do so much ploughing in and will receive a little more in space. His languid but piercing delivery on the move will set up more goals=we win.
    Footscray Football Republic.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Be interesting to see what we do with Wallis when Libba comes back.
    Bring back the biff

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Plenty of midfield time for Wallis still, I wouldn't be concerned about that. If Libba comes back as good as he was, it will be the last picked medium/small non-back players who will feel it: this year it was Jong, Honeychurch, Dale, Hrovat & Daniel. They will have to fight harder and wait for senior games.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more interested in what the opposition do, which will likely be chasing arse as we win clearance after clearance
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

In under 18s footy Libba was the in and under and Wallis was the outside receiver.
    Wallis used to spot up the forward, great pair together.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The thing to remember is, when Libba last played for us we had Boyd, Griffen and Cooney spending time in the middle. Two are gone and one hardly played a centre clearance all year.

The other point to remember is Wallis has demonstrated the ability to take a good mark and convert multiple goals this year, so despite being one of if not our best inside mid in 2015, he has the versatility to spend time in other areas of the ground as team balance and rotations dictate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    The thing to remember is, when Libba last played for us we had Boyd, Griffen and Cooney spending time in the middle. Two are gone and one hardly played a centre clearance all year.

The other point to remember is Wallis has demonstrated the ability to take a good mark and convert multiple goals this year, so despite being one of if not our best inside mid in 2015, he has the versatility to spend time in other areas of the ground as team balance and rotations dictate.
    Yep. Libba back will make it easier for the likes of Wallis and Bonts rather than take a spot.

Bonts will have less attention on him. He can also literally play anywhere.

Wallis will have someone helping him out in the clearances. Our engine room is pretty light on. As you mention, Mitch is also handy up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the midfield strength we will potentially have next year with Libba returning...now for a ruckman.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2016 Tom added another string to his bow by becoming a regular goal kicker. Mids that kick goals as well are more damaging than your average mid. Despite coming back from a knee reco and sustaining an ankle towards the end of the year, Tom had a pretty good season. I think barring injury, he will have a huge year in 2017.

Some highlights of 2016:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom would be the main man if it wasn't for the Bont. A bit like GAJ was at Geelong.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

He seems like a ripping bloke. I'd love to sit and have a few checky bevs with him.

His form laat year was brilliant for anyone's standards and he just came back from a knee and battled injuries through out the year. He's definitely cut from the same cloth as the old man. He bleeds red white and blue. Champion.

I can't wait to see what highlights he gives us in 2017. As mentioned earlier he added goal kicking last year to go with his contested beast style, so what will he bring this year I wonder.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    He seems like a ripping bloke. I'd love to sit and have a few checky bevs with him.

His form laat year was brilliant for anyone's standards and he just came back from a knee and battled injuries through out the year. He's definitely cut from the same cloth as the old man. He bleeds red white and blue. Champion.

I can't wait to see what highlights he gives us in 2017. As mentioned earlier he added goal kicking last year to go with his contested beast style, so what will he bring this year I wonder.
    Barry Price like delivery to moving targets inside the forward 50. Bullet like stab passing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Tom would be the main man if it wasn't for the Bont. A bit like GAJ was at Geelong.
    What do you mean with this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What do you mean with this?

The main man and a family link to the club. I love that sort of stuff, for me it's a large part of what footy clubs are all about.

18. Thanks Rocco Jones thanked for this post