Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Phil Walsh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RIP Phil Walsh

Sad state of affairs when i find myself 90% certain in my mind that ice is involved somewhere, here.

How many decent people fall victim to this stuff. The knock-on effect is cruel and devastating. People get rich bringing it in and manufacturing it with little to no regard for the devastation it causes. Hopefully the apologists for certain drug smugglers take note of incidents like this.

Anyway, rant over..

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday's Adelaide v Geelong match cancelled, 2 points to each team. All other matches to go ahead as per the fixture.The SANFL match postponed until later in the year.

Right decision IMO, they couldn't possibly expect then to play it.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

No other decision could be made .This is quite surreal to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Sad state of affairs when i find myself 90% certain in my mind that ice is involved somewhere, here.

How many decent people fall victim to this stuff. The knock-on effect is cruel and devastating. People get rich bringing it in and manufacturing it with little to no regard for the devastation it causes. Hopefully the apologists for certain drug smugglers take note of incidents like this.

Anyway, rant over..
    I don't think we should be speculating.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

When my son told me this morning I thought it must be another sick Facebook joke. I can't imagine what his family are going through, just breaks my heart thinking of it.

If the reports on why are true, to most people it still doesn't explain how one could do that. I have witnessed and lived through the devastation and destruction that it has on lives and the people around them. It seeks out the weaknesses in even the best people and destroys everything good in them.

It is an epidemic that doesn't discriminate, it can bring even the strongest to their knees. But when mixed with depression it is complete and utter destruction.

Post Thanks / Like

Today feels like evil has triumphed over good. So sad, so random. Never met the man but this has really shaken me.

I hugged my kids too and mentally redoubled my efforts to be the best dad I can be. I hope it is enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

I know this is very tragic and we need to be able to express ourselves over it, but lets keep the speculation about drugs and mental health out of it for the time being. I can't see it being helpful.

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, bornadog, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Today feels like evil has triumphed over good. So sad, so random. Never met the man but this has really shaken me.

I hugged my kids too and mentally redoubled my efforts to be the best dad I can be. I hope it is enough.
    I think more than evil vs good it's just chaos vs order. It's sad but I can't imagine his son will be anything other than devastated either which makes it all the more tragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think we should be speculating.
    sometimes i think that you must think WOOF is Reuters or Associated Press, BAD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think more than evil vs good it's just chaos vs order. It's sad but I can't imagine his son will be anything other than devastated either which makes it all the more tragic
    Agreed. Everyone loses in this.

Post Thanks / Like

Shocking. Picked this up on the Sky newsfeed here in the UK. Don't get how it can come to that.

Condolences to the family. Commiseration to the Adelaide FC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    sometimes i think that you must think WOOF is Reuters or Associated Press, BAD!
    Not sure what you mean.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure what you mean.
    Referring to the fact that this is a discussion forum, so some speculation and obviously, discussion, should be allowed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Referring to the fact that this is a discussion forum, so some speculation and obviously, discussion, should be allowed.
    I don't think BAD is trying to be the thought police here, just respectful of the fact that you're talking about a man who just committed patricide, his whole family will be reeling and we wouldn't want WOOF to be seen in that kind of light would we guys? I mean, does anyone here really have to be the bloke who said “ice” first? We're all thinking it, but out of respect to his family we should keep it to ourselves.

17. Likes bornadog, Twodogs, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Discussion is fine. Speculation isn't.

I can't make it much clearer than that.