Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Match Committee - Round 16 vs Geelong

If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 16 match against Geelong at Simonds Stadium?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 16 vs Geelong

This should be interesting.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If Roughy and Hamling fit, they're back in. Dale sounds like best on and Crammers too. Hrovat to come back in vfl. Talia tried as a forward for a week, with Boyd rested.

In: Hamling, Dale, Crameri, Roughy
    Outs: Hunter, Stevens (inj), Boyd (rested), Dickson/Daniel

Im not Dicko bashing, but we've got a talented forward line.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

In- Dale, Roughead, Hamling, Crameri
    Out- Stevens (inj), T Boyd, Talia, Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't watch the first half but I think you guys are being a bit hard on Hunter. Thought he did some real good things when it counted. Something's gotta give with some players hitting their straps but I don't like yo-yoing someone. I'd leave him in personally.

6. Likes Raw Toast, Cyberdoggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    In: Hamling, Dale, Crameri, Roughy
    Outs: Hunter, Stevens (inj), Boyd (rested), Dickson/Daniel
    Caleb isn't even close to being dropped IMO. In his 1.5 games of footy, he has easily been the player who has offered most forward pressure for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Caleb isn't even close to being dropped IMO. In his 1.5 games of footy, he has easily been the player who has offered most forward pressure for us.
    Cool. Then Dickson.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cool. Then Dickson.
    Wallis played half the game in the forward line, we need him in the middle especially with Stevens out
    Dickson spent too much time up the ground
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I would make a number of changes.

Out - Stevens, Hunter, T.Boyd, Prudden and Talia
    In - Roughead, Hamling, Jong, Crameri and Webb

We need Jong in to replace Stevens. Crameri covers Boyd who needs a spell. Tough on Prudden but a rested Webb could be an upgrade. Hamling replaces Talia and Roughead returns.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I would make a number of changes.

Out - Stevens, Hunter, T.Boyd, Prudden and Talia
    In - Roughead, Hamling, Jong, Crameri and Webb

We need Jong in to replace Stevens. Crameri covers Boyd who needs a spell. Tough on Prudden but a rested Webb could be an upgrade. Hamling replaces Talia and Roughead returns.
    You make a lot of good points. We do need more engine room players. I thought Jong's game in the VFL was good today but not sure about his ability to run out a game/have consistent influence. Still, he will probably beat a kids'/Prudden output and adds a much needed matured body.

I do also agree on Prudden. A harsh call but we are pushing for the finals and there are plenty of others who are stronger performers and long term prospects. Bevo seems like the type of coach to still build on his confidence even if he is a straight out.

Loved Dale's game today and hopefully we can rotate him and Webb a bit and clock in as many games as possible. Such great prospects.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a real positive that we can make some obvious changes for the better. A nice bonus is freshening up the side after the trip to Cairns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    We do need more engine room players
    Is it time for Boyd & Picken to play in there? Webb & Biggs could come in and play back, they are probably more deserving than Jong
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Is it time for Boyd & Picken to play in there? Webb & Biggs could come in and play back, they are probably more deserving than Jong
    M Boyd has added more needed poise to a young team down back. He has gone from racking up largely meaningless touches to being a dead set star down back. It would be robbing Peter $20 to pay Paul $4.

Webb and Biggs aren't really engine room players. Biggs spends most of his time at HB in the VFL.

15. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    It is very difficult to disrupt our defence which has been our strength with Matthew Boyd showing a new lease of life down back. Picken does play through the midfield and has an outstanding year. Jong would seem to be the logical replacement for Stevens.
    We need Roughead and Hamling back in the line up. Webb appeals to me as a better player than Hunter and would be worthy of a recall.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mess with our backline, particularly the chemistry between Murphy, Boyd, Wood and JJ. Whilst a major reason we won today was through the big second halves from Bonts and Macrae, it was our running defenders who dragged us back into the game. Most of our attacking moves were launched from our backline.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

18. Likes merantau liked this post