Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 16 vs Geelong

I posted this in the Prudden thread but relevant here too.

With Hamling and Roughy back in and only Talia out, I think there will be less defensive spots available next week. I know they are tall defenders but they will push players down the chain. I think our team is a bit overcrowded with flanker types. I know it's an outdated term but I mean guys who really can't have too much time in the engine room. It was apparent with JJ tonight, just hard for him to find a role.

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri is a must back in for me. Happy for him to come in for Hunter direct swap.

Although T.Boyd was very ordinary again on the weekend - I feel like we should play him at Geelong, as he is our best hope of stopping Geelong's tall defenders from marking the ball inside 50...so he is important for us.

Jong would be the logical like for like to replace Koby if he can't get up. Not ideal, but think it makes sense.

Hamling for Talia if he comes up.

IN: Crameri, Hamling, Jong (if required)
    OUT: Hunter, Talia, Stevens (if injured).

Post Thanks / Like

In- Crameri, Hamling, Jong
    Out- Hunter, Talia, Stevens (inj)

Crameri is an improvement on Hunter who I don't think is cut out to play the style we do. It wouldn't surprise me to find him looking for a new club next season. Talia was a liability in defence, and while his work forward was pretty good, I wouldn't keep him in as a forward. Jong is a like for like with Stevens if he doesn't come up.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I would make a number of changes.

Out - Stevens, Hunter, T.Boyd, Prudden and Talia
    In - Roughead, Hamling, Jong, Crameri and Webb

We need Jong in to replace Stevens. Crameri covers Boyd who needs a spell. Tough on Prudden but a rested Webb could be an upgrade. Hamling replaces Talia and Roughead returns.
    I agree with every change there except Prudden/Webb. I'd leave Prudden in. I get that Webb is knocking on the door but that's fine, nothing wrong with depth. Prudden has taken so long to get a game that dropping him would hurt him mentally, and I'd imagine the rest of the group wouldn't like it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the following which is promising for Koby.

Larkins said Bulldogs midfielder Koby Stevens could play this Saturday against Geelong after suffering a bruised lung against the Suns.

"The Bulldogs were concerned about internal damage but he's escaped with a contusion, which is low-grade bleeding into the lung," he said.

"He was able to return to Melbourne with the rest of the team on Sunday morning and the Bulldogs are optimistic he may be right to play against Geelong.

"But Koby will still have to get through a training protocol this week and see how sore he is before he can play."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Just read the following which is promising for Koby.
    Well if Dr Larkins is saying he'll be right, chances are he is out for the season!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

7. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Roughy Hamling Crameri
    Out Roberts inj Hunter Prudden

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher Roberts is out a couple of weeks with an ankle.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me that those predicting Prudden will be dropped have short memories. Very rare that Anyone has vp been dropped this season after just one match.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

With Roberts injured - it is very important for Roughead to be ready to come back in and play key back.

Post Thanks / Like

Another tough MC meeting this week.

With Roberts injured and Talia being poor down back against the Suns, I would go with Roughy as a full time key-defender. Tom Boyd can play alongside Redpath and offer ruck relief.

Think Crameri needs to come in and Hunter is a logical out.

Would love for Koby Stevens to be right. A much improved player who adds flexibility to our rotations. I went to the VFL game on Saturday and Jong needed constant work/struggled to get through the game. A logical replacement but feel he needs another game back in the VFL. Dale or Webb options if Jong needs more time.

Really harsh on him but thought Prudden was a bit of a liability Saturday. I don't want him dropped and get that he improved throughout the game. I would keep him for confidence reasons along with Roberts being out means there is another spot via defensive shuffle + another mature body.

Ins- Roughy, Hamling, Crameri, Jong/Webb/Dale (if Koby isn't right)
    Outs- Roberts, Talia, Hunter, Stevens (if injured)
    Last edited by Rocco Jones; 13-07-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Seems to me that those predicting Prudden will be dropped have short memories. Very rare that Anyone has vp been dropped this season after just one match.
    I was surprised to see Prudden line up in the back pocket at the expense of JJ who struggled in the midfield. We missed JJ's run out of defence where he does his best work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    With Roberts injured - it is very important for Roughead to be ready to come back in and play key back.
    Hamling should be back too. I would keep Talia in, he had a shaky start after a month out of the seniors in unfamiliar conditions but worked into the game, albeit down the other end
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I'd think the MC will stick with him but I'd be looking at other players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I was surprised to see Prudden line up in the back pocket at the expense of JJ who struggled in the midfield. We missed JJ's run out of defence where he does his best work.
    Yep, that's my main issue with playing Prudden. Our backline is overcrowded with Bob, M Boyd and Wood who are all stars there.