Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 16 vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is Campbell playing for his career?
    No, we all know that ruckman take longer to develop and he hasn't been given a decent crack at anything yet. his limited senior appearances have been positive. (he is a 20 gamer, Minsons first 20 games were deplorable)

Id like Campbell to get a decent 6 week crack and another pre season followed by another 6 week crack.
    Once he hits 50 games we should have a fair idea of where he is at.

What is interesting is his choice over Cordy, given Cordy s form int he VFL has been pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Prudden?
    You would think that Daniel and Crameri would be certain starters. I would go with Prudden too as Dale brings something a little different to the team.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    No, we all know that ruckman take longer to develop and he hasn't been given a decent crack at anything yet. his limited senior appearances have been positive. (he is a 20 gamer, Minsons first 20 games were deplorable)

Id like Campbell to get a decent 6 week crack and another pre season followed by another 6 week crack.

What is interesting is his choice over Cordy, given Cordy s form int he VFL has been pretty good.
    Cordy got his extended shot and didn't grab it. TC should now get his, like you say.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong has a pretty big and beefy backline. Toyd and Redders will have their work cut out for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Geelong has a pretty big and beefy backline. Toyd and Redders will have their work cut out for them.
    At least the Cats backmen will have their hands full.

Redders was a lone hand up there last year and got torn a new one. With Toyd to take a big defender, hopefully someone gets off the chain.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Prudden?
    Good choice, I hope its not Dale
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Not overly surprised based on how far off it he was last week but it is certainly a fair whack. He's still unsigned for next season isn't he ?
    What I have seen of him at VFL level, he hasn't set the world on fire and last week's effort was poor till he went forward.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Campbell is a far better ruckman than Cordy and deserves his chance after playing very well with Footscray last week. TC started the season with a shoulder injury which restricted his chances of a senior recall. Needs to improve his mobility around the ground but does have the rucking and marking skills to be a key big man going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

At least the Cats backmen will have their hands full.

Redders was a lone hand up there last year and got torn a new one. With Toyd to take a big defender, hopefully someone gets off the chain.
    cheers, they will be hoping we just bomb it long to contests all day and may structure their game around forcing us to do that when going forward. Could be interesting tactically, how to take apart an oversized back line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I was thinking about this match and the last time we beat Geelong. I know this year Geelong are a very different team than in years past, but I checked it out anyway.

Turns out, Round 21, 2009 was the last time we sang our song to Cats fans. We've lost seven on the trot at an average margin of 37.71 points. The winning game before that last win in 2009 was Round 1, 2007. Going back to that game gives us 2 wins from 13 encounters. Our top 3 players from the past 3 matches were Gryphon, M Boyd, Libba. So 1 of 3 remains, with Boyd playing a totally different (although improved) position.

Now, this year as a whole we're much improved, and Geelong are much diminished. However, I think we do need to make our MC selections with at least some view towards our opponent. Joel Selwood out for a week gives us an opportunity to really beat them at the selection table and I hope this week our MC is making changes with that in mind, as much as who played well in the Twos last weekend. Geelong have been terrible in the third and fourth quarters this year as their players have tired and by bringing back Crameri, Jong, i.e. blokes with a tank, we'll likely take the biscuits.

Otherwise, that game we thought we were seeing at three quarter time last Saturday night may just eventuate this week.

In our defence we haven't been the best side since 2009 and Geelong are like Norf they most of the time seem to get us at a good time. I'd love to see the stat on how many times since then we are coming off a 6 day break, an interstate game or both. This week is no different and it was Cairns!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    That mean Morris has to play tall this week?
    Roughead plays tall in defence, and Boyd/Redpath assist Campell in the ruck.

I'm really happy Campbell gets his chance. We need to know whether he can play and he deserves three or four weeks in the role even if he stinks it up first time around. He's earned the right to a decent shot.

12. Likes Dry Rot, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good opportunity for Campbell to show what he can do - the dirty little secret being hidden behind the media's weird obsession with the world's tallest tagger is that Geelong's ruck division is pathetic, made even worse with the inclusion of Walker to play 3rd ruck. If we play smart at the stoppages (i.e: use the player Blicavs is tagging as first port of call, curb the third man up with that player, etc.) we should have a clear advantage.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm one of the few or only one who is disappointed Hunter got dropped. I don't think he's had a game which hasn't been involved with a green vest. Would like to have seen him get a string of games together.

Great to see Campbell as R1 this week.

16. Likes Go_Dogs, JohnGentStand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few or only one who is disappointed Hunter got dropped. I don't think he's had a game which hasn't been involved with a green vest. Would like to have seen him get a string of games together.

Great to see Campbell as R1 this week.
    I am also surprised he only got a part game. He didn't play well but hasn't had a chance yet this year to play a full game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am also surprised he only got a part game. He didn't play well but hasn't had a chance yet this year to play a full game.
    I thought he did pretty well in the 4th. Very few were any good for 3 quarters.

I'd have Prudden out before Hunter.