Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 16 vs Geelong

Hunter's demise might have been the lack of poise to honour the couple of leads and decided to bomb it over their heads. All's well and good if you kick the goals but he didn't.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Hunter's demise might have been the lack of poise to honour the couple of leads and decided to bomb it over their heads. All's well and good if you kick the goals but he didn't.
    Agree, his first few touches pretty much sealed his fate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I thought he did pretty well in the 4th. Very few were any good for 3 quarters.

I'd have Prudden out before Hunter.
    What it tells me is that he is very unlikely to be at the football club much longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    What it tells me is that he is very unlikely to be at the football club much longer.
    No don't think so either kruder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    While he may be a trade option, I think we are hasty in our assessment of young players. There were plenty willing to dump Mitch Wallis in his 2nd/3rd year.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

7. Likes merantau, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to see a both a bit more of Hunter and a bit more from Hunter. If we tick off the former and he doesn't tick off the latter then, yes, it's time to make a decision about him. But we have to give him a fair go first.

9. Likes N/A, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    While he may be a trade option, I think we are hasty in our assessment of young players. There were plenty willing to dump Mitch Wallis in his 2nd/3rd year.
    I'm just reading between the lines. The club hasn't really given him a crack this year its pretty obvious they are not happy with his game. We are also long flankers, hence how I put two and two together...

Post Thanks / Like

Like the ins. I hope TC can take his opportunity but also gets a few weeks to do so. He has slowly built up his form at VFL level after a shoulder reco in the off season, so with prolonged good form he does deserve his chance.

Our forward line looks so much stronger with Crameri and Stinger on the flanks.

Wonder if Geelong will back Blicavs to do a job on one of our talls, allowing Taylor to go forward against us. Seems to be Geelongs MO when they play the dogs.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post

Wonder if Geelong will back Blicavs to do a job on one of our talls, allowing Taylor to go forward against us. Seems to be Geelongs MO when they play the dogs.
    Playing Blicavs in defence, which they haven't done all year, will leave them exposed in the ruck with Walker more a forward/ruck.

Agree that they would like to push Taylor forward, which has the potential to expose our short defence, but Geelong don't have the flexibility within their line-up as they have had in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Dawson Simpson still listed as an emergency. Wouldn't be that surprised to see him come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Are we that confident Koby will play?
    I wouldnt be surprised at a late omission and a sub vest for Lachie
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter made some key plays in the 4th quarter of the Gold Coast match - a tackle that created a turnover, ran 60+metres to apply pressure to a lone Suns player who duly kicked it out on the full, a well centred ball to Talia in the goal square. Very surprised to see him miss out after his efforts in that quarter.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Hunter made some key plays in the 4th quarter of the Gold Coast match - a tackle that created a turnover, ran 60+metres to apply pressure to a lone Suns player who duly kicked it out on the full, a well centred ball to Talia in the goal square. Very surprised to see him miss out after his efforts in that quarter.
    I suppose it was the effort when we were under pressure in the first 2 and half quarters. He needed to be smarter and I know he wasn't alone and he did improve when the team improved. So maybe the coaches didn't look at the efforts in the last because we were on top across the board so decisions were made from earlier involvement.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Hunter, I like what he could bring to the side. He is still young and still trying to find his feet at AFL level. I get the feeling he maybe one of those players that the penny doesn't drop until he gets to his early 20s and 50-60 games under his belt.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

17. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I suppose it was the effort when we were under pressure in the first 2 and half quarters. He needed to be smarter and I know he wasn't alone and he did improve when the team improved. So maybe the coaches didn't look at the efforts in the last because we were on top across the board so decisions were made from earlier involvement.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Hunter, I like what he could bring to the side. He is still young and still trying to find his feet at AFL level. I get the feeling he maybe one of those players that the penny doesn't drop until he gets to his early 20s and 50-60 games under his belt.
    i think you are right. We can see he has the ability and skills to be an AFL player, but just needs to get use to the pace and concentrate on team play. He is still very young at 20 years old and just needs to keep working hard to make it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I like those Ins. Great to see Campbell get a run. Hope he makes the most of it.
    Yep same here. So happy to see Tommy get a go and to see how he can handle it at AFL level. Hoping he can really contribute. Good to see Crameri back as he will add a bit more substance to the forward line. Roughy is important down back and Dale is still young but good to see him in action again.

We are a very good chance to finally knock off Geelong especially on their home turf. Last time I think we beat them was in 2009. How do you see is approaching this game. Will we make more of a defensive game or just for out attack from the start.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"