Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  67
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 19 2015 - Western Bulldogs V Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Couldn't believe reading the votes for our match in The Age this morning.

Jesse Stringer 7 votes.
    Are you upset because you thought Brad Boyd was better? Or that The Age thought Brad Boyd and Dale Morris were the same player?

2. Likes F'scary, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Below average... Lost body contact in a number of 1 on 1 battles which meant he was beaten in those duels.

He did some nice things, but we have seen little in the last 3 weeks to show that he is in our best 22.
    One thing I took note of at the start of the year was how his body work had improved. I didn't really take much notice of him closely like you did yesterday but disappointing that it's dropped off. One thing I do notice when the ball is near or in hand he looks worried, I really think he's struggling with confidence right now. He's not a player I've given up on, I think he can still make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If Roberts is right will he hold his spot?
    Probably not, Roberts is probably a better matchup for Dawes, Talia for the more athletic types
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Are you upset because you thought Brad Boyd was better? Or that The Age thought Brad Boyd and Dale Morris were the same player?
    Was watching some Brisbane Lions footy flashback last week on Fox Footy, lo and behold a Marcus Picken did exist

Post Thanks / Like

All I need is the air that I breathe and to replay the game, after seeing it with my son.
    Footscray Football Republic.

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think our game contained a moment which will definitely make "The 10." The one where the Port guy kicking in dropped the ball out of the goal square and then from the resulting ball up Ryder taps the ball straight over the line giving away a free kick at goal. Oh the schadenfreude!
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    One thing I took note of at the start of the year was how his body work had improved. I didn't really take much notice of him closely like you did yesterday but disappointing that it's dropped off. One thing I do notice when the ball is near or in hand he looks worried, I really think he's struggling with confidence right now. He's not a player I've given up on, I think he can still make it.
    To me he looks like a player who's been taken back down to earth forcefully and is still trying to deal with it mentally.

He was given a little bit of leeway early in the year but was made to pay his dues for the second time in his career as a result of the mistakes in positioning he makes time and again and for his brain farts. In my view he's been treated fairly reasonably in his return stint.

If the rumours of him cracking the shits are true I hope he appreciates the opportunities he's been given in this second stint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Below average... Lost body contact in a number of 1 on 1 battles which meant he was beaten in those duels.

He did some nice things, but we have seen little in the last 3 weeks to show that he is in our best 22.
    Just watched the replay and had a good look at Talia. He does lose contact with his direct opponent a little too often for my liking and also doesn't read the ball in the air as well as the likes of Hamling and Roberts. He is a pretty good depth key defender to be fair, which is exactly what he is at the moment with the injuries we have down back.

Gee that was an impressive performance by the team yesterday, although the opposition was extremely poor with their two-way running. We monstered them on the spread and also won the inside contest decisively. The no.1 ruck role is now Tom Campbell's to lose - he worked extremely hard at the ruck contest and also when the ball hit the deck. Our midfield and forward line are both working so well, and we transition back into defensive mode when the opposition get the ball as well as anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The no.1 ruck role is now Tom Campbell's to lose - he worked extremely hard at the ruck contest and also when the ball hit the deck. Our midfield and forward line are both working so well, and we transition back into defensive mode when the opposition get the ball as well as anyone.
    Agreed. I've been a fan of Campbell's for a while and was eagerly anticipating him being given a block of games to prove his worth. He's getting better each week, with a lot of room for improvement in many areas of his game. It's a really good sign. One thing that does concern me are his shoulders - he doesn't appear to be as strong above his head as he was pre-shoulder op. Hopefully it improves.

When Roughy comes back where does he play? TC as first ruck, Roughy as a key defender/second ruck?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed. I've been a fan of Campbell's for a while and was eagerly anticipating him being given a block of games to prove his worth. He's getting better each week, with a lot of room for improvement in many areas of his game. It's a really good sign. One thing that does concern me are his shoulders - he doesn't appear to be as strong above his head as he was pre-shoulder op. Hopefully it improves.
    I've noticed it too. His real strength has always been his overhead marking but it hasn't been as good this season and he looks to be favouring his shoulder. If he can get himself right I've always thought he could be a weapon.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the replay and had a good look at Talia. He does lose contact with his direct opponent a little too often for my liking and also doesn't read the ball in the air as well as the likes of Hamling and Roberts. He is a pretty good depth key defender to be fair, which is exactly what he is at the moment with the injuries we have down back.
    He plays too loose for mine as well and is often found marking his opponent 10 or so metres too far to the front. They get him out the back a bit too often. I've never understood standing that far in front of your opponent. I get the premise i.e. being able to cut the angle in order to affect the spoil but the long kick is the risk with this strategy.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.