Likes Likes:  110

View Poll Results: Favourite Away Strip Colour

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

12 24.49%
  • White

17 34.69%
  • Blue (Stuff the away strip ... we wear blue)

18 36.73%
  • Other (just not the Ochre)

2 4.08%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Don't Wear Red

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I have followed my Bulldogs for over 40 years. I have not seen them play on the last Saturday in my lifetime. They could wear pink tutus with frilly yellow bows and it wouldn't spoil the memories.
    Hehehe, fair enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Hehehe, fair enough.
    Just as long as it's not red
    WOOF Member 422

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I'm not sure if you're just trying to be provocative or like others outside the fold, caught up in John Elliott's ignorant way of defining how our history should be judged..

Stache, I've enjoyed reading most of what you've put up over the years but this one has caught me by surprise particularly given that those most true to our Club should be more aware than most of the size of the fight that we've had to put up throughout our 130 year 'brilliant' history to still exist in the highest form of the game and now heading towards a bright future.
    It hurts when a jerk like Elliott sprouts that crap, but introspective and objective comments from our own needn't be treated in the same way.

Our history can be considered both trajic and brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the red coloured jumper, really dynamic and pleasing to the eye. White to me is OK but a bit wishy washy.
    Red is strong symbolically. Red is the most easily visible color in the spectrum so is great as a football jumper to identify team mates, especially under pressure. Also coast to coast goals in red jumpers really make an impression - good for marketing. Red is imposing, so good to intimidate opposition. To quote Global Meanings of Red:
    http://www.colormatters.com/the-meanings-of-colors/red

"Red’s global similarities are significant:

Red is one of the top two favorite colors of all people.

Red is the most popular color used on flags in the world. Approximately 77% of all flags include red."

I am disappointed at the title of this thread, being pejorative and alarmist, not in the interests of the club.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

How is it pejorative? If you read the original post of this thread it was a plea to not wear red against the eagles for one game. It was originally written as a 'tongue-in-cheek' opinion piece.

The fact that this thread how now been used to announce the club's decision to axe the red is extraneous at best.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    How is it pejorative? If you read the original post of this thread it was a plea to not wear red against the eagles for one game. It was originally written as a 'tongue-in-cheek' opinion piece.

The fact that this thread how now been used to announce the club's decision to axe the red is extraneous at best.
    Good reply. I am concerned that this published anti red sentiment can be taken to be more than tongue in cheek and seen as a significant rejection of what I see as a great alternative strip. I don't know that the thread is extraneous to the announcement. Good football administrators listen to the supporters and their fora/forums. Red is the colour of alarm, coupled with our poor record in the colour, many people could rally at the alarm bell of "O no, not a red Bulldogs jumper" and inciting that is pejorative. However I take your point and now I get that you're just taking the piss a bit but it is something of an issue.

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Don't....like....the hoops?? So do you root for the robodog? What's your preference?

I see a lot of young hipsters wearing the hoops and they don't wear it because it's traditional. It's a clean design, and flat graphics are in.
    If the hoops were higher, then they would create a sense of big shoulders and chest. The same with the big V which later designs lowered the V, losing its impact. What do you think about the hoops not being in the middle but being higher up? The small change has a big impact and register unconsciously as well so all of our opponents would be scared of us. Personally i actually like the trad jumper with vertical lines aesthetically but that's not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    If the hoops were higher, then they would create a sense of big shoulders and chest. The same with the big V which later designs lowered the V, losing its impact. What do you think about the hoops not being in the middle but being higher up? The small change has a big impact and register unconsciously as well so all of our opponents would be scared of us. Personally i actually like the trad jumper with vertical lines aesthetically but that's not going to happen.
    I think the hoops should be wider
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    With some blue between the red and white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yep, wider hoops and with the red hoop creeping up to tuck under the number - as it used to prior to this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    With some blue between the red and white.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Drunken Bum, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post