Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  531
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael Talia

Generally don't mind King's take on the game but without having seen the segment potting a 30 gamer, particularly given the obvious quality of the opposition (not to mention Talia's direct opponents) seems misplaced and a little mendacious, more akin to the kind of faux 'tell-it-like-it-is' sneering you expect from Lloyd, Lyon or Maclure.

Not sure we got smacked by the Eagles - who go alright by the way - because Talia had an ordinary day.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Generally don't mind King's take on the game but without having seen the segment potting a 30 gamer, particularly given the obvious quality of the opposition (not to mention Talia's direct opponents) seems misplaced and a little mendacious, more akin to the kind of faux 'tell-it-like-it-is' sneering you expect from Lloyd, Lyon or Maclure.

Not sure we got smacked by the Eagles - who go alright by the way - because Talia had an ordinary day.
    I haven't seen it either RS, but that was my reaction as well. When you factor in that our midfield was smashed leading to the ball flying into the 50, our team defence totally broke down (WCE scored at 70% of entries, best % of any team all year) and the kid was playing injured, King was really picking some low hanging fruit.

4. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was pointing out how the WCE defence zone guards space and doesn't play one on one per se and showed footage of it working with Elliot Yeo. He pointed out that we were trying to do the same, but that Talia was not effectively guarding the space and not playing team team defence by trying to play one on one footy and that

a) It wasn't working for the team and letting the wider defence down, and
    b) That he was getting badly beaten despite playing one on one, and
    c) That his positioning is a long way off what Bevo would want in the context of what we want (perhaps why he's been playing VFL)

And that Talia would most likely be dropped on the above, explained over the footage. It was actually reasonably sound with the footage and contrasts. Unlike Matthew Lloyd etc.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He was pointing out how the WCE defence zone guards space and doesn't play one on one per se and showed footage of it working with Elliot Yeo. He pointed out that we were trying to do the same, but that Talia was not effectively guarding the space and not playing team team defence by trying to play one on one footy and that

c) That his positioning is a long way off what Bevo would want in the context of what we want (perhaps why he's been playing VFL)

And that Talia would most likely be dropped on the above, explained over the footage. It was actually reasonably sound with the footage and contrasts. Unlike Matthew Lloyd etc.
    I heard it too BT but I didn't realize Michael was injured. This would have affected his running.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I heard it too BT but I didn't realize Michael was injured. This would have affected his running.
    May have affected his running, but not his positioning.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOUR

Sydney have offered him 3 years compared to our 2 years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    RUMOUR

Needs to be a big trade then. Three years at $450,000 or so is first round material.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    RUMOUR

I have heard that too - apparently $400k pa !!

Adelaide and Melbourne also in mix.

Suspect he'll be elsewhere next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Rowan? Pick 15?

Post Thanks / Like

Gee I hope we sign him he is going to be a very good player and we are short of KPP we have put 4 years into him id hate for
    to flourish at another club.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Rowan? Pick 15?
    Can't see Sydney trading picks given academy rules. Reckon we're looking at a 3 team trade - hopefully the Lycett/Talia/Jetta scenario. If Jetta/Freo is more likely, maybe Z.Clarke or Apeness for us?

Would love to get GWS in the mix. Apparently we're dead keen on Nick Haynes.

Any of Lycett/Apeness/Haynes a win for us I reckon, if only Talia and no more than 3rd Round traded out.

I find it hard to see a Swans player that fits us that they are likely to trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Can't see Sydney trading picks given academy rules. Reckon we're looking at a 3 team trade - hopefully the Lycett/Talia/Jetta scenario. If Jetta/Freo is more likely, maybe Z.Clarke or Apeness for us?

Would love to get GWS in the mix. Apparently we're dead keen on Nick Haynes.

Any of Lycett/Apeness/Haynes a win for us I reckon, if only Talia and no more than 3rd Round traded out.

I find it hard to see a Swans player that fits us that they are likely to trade.
    We need a serious quick player. I don't like Jetta, but I do like Gary Rowan. Or we tell Sydney to go find a good ruckman for us in a multi-team trade.

Post Thanks / Like

We need a serious quick player. I don't like Jetta, but I do like Gary Rowan. Or we tell Sydney to go find a good ruckman for us in a multi-team trade.
    I don't like Jetta either. He goes to the 3rd (WA) club. Rowan has been a disappointment for mine, looks a player but doesn't win enough ball and Sydney would ask too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Rohan can't play - so he's a no for me.

Seriously, other than being fast, Rohan brings nothing to the table and has been an enormous failure in finals, failing to get to double figures in possessions in 6 of 9 finals matches. Then again, when your career average is 10 disposals per game, maybe he hasn't failed by scale!

A huge PASS for me.