Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  531
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael Talia

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If a team doesnt know the oppositions game plan by the finals they wouldn't get far they had 23 games to see it.
    It's not like ours was a secret and we lost it missing goals and few other mistakes of our own making.
    So I wouldn't say Adelaide knowing our game plan was big news, I guarantee we knew theirs.
    No we would set up a very specific way for Adelaide as we would for all clubs. The game plan is the foundation but there would be significant structural changes based on opposition players and how they set up. If it was leaked prior to the EF that's just $@&%#.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    There would be outrage if this was true. Even if it was Talia talking to his brother.
    The club shouldn't do anything, as it drops his potential trade value I'd clubs think we just want him gone. If it's true and we get a very good offer then we trade him and say something then. Could be just scuttlebutt designed to splinter him and the club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Lycett's their third ruck, so I don't think I'd be to enthused .
    And Talia's our third choice key defender, seems like a pretty fair trade really.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm enthused by the prospect of us trading Talia. I believe he's a player whose trade value exceeds his ability due to nepotism.

Ralf Schumacher
    Patrick McEnroe
    Michael Talia

Take a trade and run.

How about pick 11, Talia and Hamilton for Dangerfield? (After they match his Geelong offer)??

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Personally, I'm enthused by the prospect of us trading Talia. I believe he's a player whose trade value exceeds his ability due to nepotism.

Ralf Schumacher
    Patrick McEnroe
    Michael Talia

Take a trade and run.

How about pick 11, Talia and Hamilton for Dangerfield? (After they match his Geelong offer)??
    Jarman-Hamilton, if you don't mind.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Lycett's their third ruck, so I don't think I'd be to enthused .
    Surprised Sydney re-signed Richards if they're into Talia .
    Sinclair is playing 2nd ruck at WCE because he can spend the bulk of game time as a forward.

Lycett is a 204/104 1st Ruck monster who doesn't have a role alongside NicNat.

To get an idea of what he could offer, look at his 21 poss, 39 hit out, 7 tackle effort as first Ruck against Hawthorn when NicNat was out.

He is 22, years from his prime as a Ruck and has 4 years of AFL development with Cox and NN.

He would be a super addition to our list if we could get him.

8. Likes bulldogtragic, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Sinclair is playing 2nd ruck at WCE because he can spend the bulk of game time as a forward.

Lycett is a 204/104 1st Ruck monster who doesn't have a role alongside NicNat.

To get an idea of what he could offer, look at his 21 poss, 39 hit out, 7 tackle effort as first Ruck against Hawthorn when NicNat was out.

He is 22, years from his prime as a Ruck and has 4 years of AFL development with Cox and NN.

He would be a super addition to our list if we could get him.
    He was certainly rated by them at the end of last season signing on for a lucrative 4 year deal. It would be a risky move by WCE to move him on given Naitanui's injury history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    He was certainly rated by them at the end of last season signing on for a lucrative 4 year deal. It would be a risky move by WCE to move him on given Naitanui's injury history.
    I agree. Odds are against it.

On the other and, they look like getting Jetta and are going to have to make some hard decisions.

With Sinclair already there as back up, he just may be the one they decide is expendable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Surely if he's effectively an over-paid third stringer, WCE would be more likely to want to trade him out in order to make room for a first 22 player like Jetta?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Surely if he's effectively an over-paid third stringer, WCE would be more likely to want to trade him out in order to make room for a first 22 player like Jetta?
    12 months on may have changed WCE's thinking but this time last year his currency was not being viewed as on over-paid third stringer. At the time Port were touted to be heavily into him, Naitanui continued to have question marks on his durability, he looked to break out in the latter half of the season and Sinclair was stuck in the WAFL (like Lycett now).

Post Thanks / Like

400K and 3 years? Talia would be mad not to take it and we'd be mad not to encourage him to take it.

I'd be confident of finding a state league key defender or delisted free agent (ie. Hamling) who could offer as much or more than Talia. Not sure what Sydney have to offer in terms of players/picks - perhaps a third club would need to be involved.

Jones looked OK from the little I saw of him. Would a Jones & 2nd/3rd round pick suffice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    And Talia's our third choice key defender, seems like a pretty fair trade really.
    I thought we'd be looking at a mature ruckman, and Lycett matches up with Campbell in regards to age demographic .
    Interesting times

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we'd be looking at a mature ruckman, and Lycett matches up with Campbell in regards to age demographic .
    Interesting times
    Fair enough, although the three most realistic targets, Kreuzer, Leuenberger and Martin aren't exactly standouts due to injury, injury, and a combo of age and whether he wants to return to Melbourne.

Someone like Lycett could be riskier, but potentially a better pay off for a cheaper price.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They have an academy player and potentially a father son pick to consider. I can't see then giving up a first-round pick
    Not this year - but if give them Talia and our second rounder (they need the points under the bidding system) surely they'd consider it for their first rounder next year?
    I don't think they have any highly rated academy kids for next year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It's hardly suprsing the Swans are into Talia. Grundy is just about cooked as is Richards. Both probably have 1 more year in them.