Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Likes and Thanks?

It's good to see so many members getting involved. Some have posted more in this thread than they did over the weekends win.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's good to see so many members getting involved. Some have posted more in this thread than they did over the weekends win.
    Now where is that like button? ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Like.
    Like!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm hearing you all, the 'like' bumps isn't making for a compelling reason to reinstate it quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

If it needs to get all technical then it can stay off. It was a feature to acknowledge other members putting in an extra effort not a FB type popularity contest.
    Someone wasn't getting enough likes...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Someone wasn't getting enough likes...
    Is that really how you are reading it?

Post Thanks / Like

Is that really how you are reading it?
    Not at all, just a joke.

I thought it was a worthwhile feature. I was using it to show the poster I agree with there opinions, regardless how much effort or thought was put in.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the downside is tbh.

I know personally it doesn't stop me posting if I have something to say, and it's nice to receive some kind of acknowledgement when you contribute something.

Woof is hardly in danger of becoming the next wanky social media craze anyway.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Not at all, just a joke.

I thought it was a worthwhile feature. I was using it to show the poster I agree with there opinions, regardless how much effort or thought was put in.
    So you don't use the emoticon option but the like feature is a must?

I was lukewarm about adding it but agreed to it because the original design was to 'thank' thread starters for going to the effort to kick start discussions which is badly needed on discussion forums.
    Not limited to but members like BAD, BT and Easty do a great job at that so they should certainly receive more than their share of thanks.

'Likes' should be more to acknowledge when someone has put some extra effort into their responses to threads. If we want to encourage better conversations, which should be the reason why we log on, then this is how we should all be using the 'like' option.

Obviously there is plenty of room for latitude but if members posts are continually being 'liked' because they have written 'agreed' or if someone goes through a thread and issues 10 'likes' for marginal posts it sort of defeats the purpose. The site is not twitter or face book and I'd hate to see it move in that direction.

I get that people want the options but I'm going to ask the members to have a think about the way they are using it and see if they can tidy it up a bit. I don't think it's a huge ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe because some of us only have enough time to just be able to read Woofers posts with time constraints without being able to post an informative and in depth post to any one particular thread topic.

Post Thanks / Like

So you don't use the emoticon option but the like feature is a must?

I was lukewarm about adding it but agreed to it because the original design was to 'thank' thread starters for going to the effort to kick start discussions which is badly needed on discussion forums.
    Not limited to but members like BAD, BT and Easty do a great job at that so they should certainly receive more than their share of thanks.

'Likes' should be more to acknowledge when someone has put some extra effort into their responses to threads. If we want to encourage better conversations, which should be the reason why we log on, then this is how we should all be using the 'like' option.

Obviously there is plenty of room for latitude but if members posts are continually being 'liked' because they have written 'agreed' or if someone goes through a thread and issues 10 'likes' for marginal posts it sort of defeats the purpose. The site is not twitter or face book and I'd hate to see it move in that direction.

I get that people want the options but I'm going to ask the members to have a think about the way they are using it and see if they can tidy it up a bit. I don't think it's a huge ask.
    Usually if something is funny or I strongly agree with the point and how it's worded I'll like it.

If someone makes a new or well-thought out post or contributes something unique (one common example being when mjp provides his insights) I'll often thank them.

I see the like button being more frivolous and fun and it's a good way to give some feedback without the 'agreed' or 'lol' posts.

I'd also add that many of the best posts contain multiple likes and thanks (If I remember correctly you started a thread with such a response) so there is still an attributed value for providing the extra effort, whereas most posts would still be lucky to have one like or thanks generally.

Post Thanks / Like

By agreeing to include the feature you've unwittingly set a precedent . It will be difficult for you to regulate and I'm not sure you should TBH because it is a form of censorship and freedom of action, something this board prides itself on. I'm surprised by this and think, because that precedent has been set, the option to like will either stay the same or, if you don't like how its been rolled out, you'll have to remove it. Either way its more unfortunate than anything and obviously it does not detract from the board's intended purpose so in that I don't mind either way.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the first one to put my hand up and say that there are a lot more we'll informed and higher intellectual Woofers on this great forum then myself who have a greater footballing analytical mind then I ever will.

So when reading certain posts in threads where the arguemet is that insightful where I feel that I could not contribute anything to the proceeding discussion,the like and thanked buttons are a way for me to show my apprecition for fellow Woofers for their excellent and outstanding posts.

Post Thanks / Like

So...can we have them back?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -